Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kshiteendra KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Pityriasis rosea is a medical condition concerning the skin, which when contracted causes a rash. This condition can affect people of any age but it is usually seen to occur in people between the ages of 10 and 35. Pityriasis rosea is usually harmless. Read on more to find out all about the different causes, symptoms, prevention and treatments of pityriasis rosea.
Causes: Experts are unsure about the exact reason for the cause of pityriasis rosea. It is very different from other skin diseases as it is not caused due to an allergic reaction or caused due to fungal or bacterial infections. The rash is not contagious.
- Pityriasis rosea forms a rash which begins with a single, oval or round in shape pink patch which is scaly in nature and consists of a raised border. The size of the patch varies and can vary between 2cm to 10 cm in diameter.
- After a few days of the initial infection, salmon colored patches which vary in size from 1 to 2 cm in diameter appear in clusters in the chest, arms, back and abdominal regions.
- The patches which occur in the back often form vertically in an angular fashion such that its appearance is similar to that of a fir tree.
- The affected regions can cause severe itching in almost half the people who are affected by pityriasis rosea. The rash usually is cured in a span of 6 to 8 weeks but in certain cases it can persist for several months.
Treatment: Pityriasis rosea usually does not require any treatment. It usually goes away in the time span of 6 to 8 weeks. Itching can be subdued by using certain skin lotions and lubricants. If the itching is severe, your doctor might prescribe you certain anti-inflammatory medication. Certain antiviral medications also decrease the duration of the rash if they are taken at the beginning of the infection. In some cases exposure to sunlight also cures the rash very fast, but excess exposure to the sun can also cause sunburn and increase the risk of skin cancer. If the rash persists even after 3 months, it is highly advisable to consult a doctor.
I am 21, male. I have this dry skin on my face for past couple of months, I have changed the soap, face wash to get rid of that but nothing helped. What should I have to do now?
Hi, my age is 21 and I had a dark circle problem since 6-7 yrs what should I do please suggest me some cream or medicine and my mother face black black spots are there which medicine is best for her and my dark circle.
Hi, my self bhaskar. I am private employee I have hair losing problem since 3 years. Now I am totally bald. I am very shameful to go party or occasion.
Is Hair plantations a solutions of baldness or not, which is most trusted Clinic for it, are there any side effects of it, advice me please.
My hand feet and face is really tanned. I apply spf 30 vlcc sunscreen daily on face but still it has become tanned. I have good exposure to sun as I live in manglore. What to do. How to remove this tan. Is it permanent. What precautions should I take.
I am 25 yrs old female, I have facial hairs, I have also undergone laser but could not find much improvement Kindly guide.
Dr. I am hvng dark circles under my eyes hw do I overcome this problem gng under inferiority complex.
Hello sir I am 30 year women married and I get too much hairs fall. And dandruff. And I am 80 kg. Good period and no children. And sir my stomach thigh sin is too fat please suggest me. I don't have any bp sugar or other.
Hi, can trimmers be used for removing pubic hair? Is there any side effect using trimmer on genitals? I have used scissors before to trim my pubic hair and many times I have accidentally cut my skin while trimming pubic hair. Please advise.
I am suffering with pimples and dark spots occurred by those pimples. And I get pimples only around the hair on face, shoulders and back.
Hello sir, my problem is I have pimples, black spots and small holes on my cheek I took treatment from 1 year on wards again the problem is same my face is oily so, Please help me to get rid of it.
I am having deep pitted scars on my forehead and right cheek. It's really embarrassing to see them daily in the mirror. It's also one of the reason I don't want to get ready for anything. I have tried aloe Vera gel. Also the essential oil: helicrysum and rose hip seed oil. I know it takes long to heal. My scars are due to the chicken pox I had in June 2014. I am looking for some prescribed medications. I would like to go herbal as I don't want to get under the knife. Medicines would be good along with some topical collagen boosting serums. I am feeling as if the topical creams are not reaching the epidermal cells due to scar tissue. Also, my skin has become very sensitive. I would like to regain the old plumpness in my skin and be free of scars. Please help.
I have worm type rings on leg, long time. I take precautions and medicine but it not totally recover. What can I do.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.