Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kriti Khewlakkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kriti KhewlakkarYour feedback matters!
1. It has cancer treating properties (anticancer properties).
2. Helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
3. Also reduces bad cholesterol (ldl cholesterol - low density lipoproteins) levels in the blood.
4. Brings down arthritis pain.
5. Found to be effective during dysmennorhea (menstrual pain).
6. It helps in losing weight.
7. It improves blood circulation.
8. It helps in healing stomach ulcers caused by helicobacter pylori.
How to include cinnamon in your daily diet?
- it can be used as a regular spice in your food.
- mix cinnamon powder with your tea, green tea, coffee etc, and have it every morning.
- add cinnamon, jaggery, tulsi leaves, lemon, mint leaves to boiling water, allow the water to cool and then use it as a health drink. Have 2-3 glasses of this health drink per day for best results.
I am 19 years old women since 2 days experiencing weird sensation in my uterus after having sex for the first time one day later im experiencing this urge to pee and when I do go to pee I hardly pee. I think its a urine infection what should I do help.
Are you among those people who love chocolates but are overcome by guilt even after having a small bar? (Basically 99% of the human population over the age of 12!) Here's some SWEET news for you! Studies show that not only can you bite into a lusciously rich-brown bar guilt-free but also delight in the knowledge that this food fit for the gods is doing your body a world of good. Sounds unbelievable? Read on...
1. Chocolate Reduces risk of diabetes by 31%
A detailed analysis of 7 studies published in 2011 reveals that dark chocolate can lessen the threat of type 2 diabetes by as much as 31%! This is due to enhanced insulin sensitivity and improved regulation of glucose triggered by chocolate consumption.
2. Chocolate Decreases risk of strokes by 20%
These sweet delights contain flavonoids, which are antioxidants with lots of health benefits. Swedish research reveals that consumption of 45 grams of chocolate per week helps in decreasing stroke risk among women by as much as 20 %.
3. 40 cups of cocoa a week enhance your blood flow
A recent survey by Harvard Medical School among Panama’s Kuna people reveals that less than 10 percent of their population suffer from heart diseases, diabetes or cancer due to the inclusion of up to 40 cups of cocoa into their weekly diet. Fascinating isn’t it? Dr. Norman, the lead researcher opines that the nitric oxide present in cocoa dilates vessels and enhances flow of blood through your body. Could there be a better way to stay healthy?
4. Chocolate boosts your working memory speed by 30%
Recently, the University of Nottingham conducted a brain-imaging study on healthy women. This showed that flavanol-rich cocoa improved the flow of blood into the brain for 2 to 3 hours. What’s more, it’s beneficial for older people suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s. Plus chocolate enhances your scores on a working memory speed test by 30%.
5. Chocolate lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%
A recent study proved that consumption of chocolates for 2 or more times per week lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%. So basically, chocolate loves your heart as much your heart loves chocolate.
6. About 45 grams of chocolates keep exhaustion at bay
According to research conducted on chronic fatigue syndrome patients, an eight-week long consumption of 1.6 ounces (45 gm) of chocolate each day helps in keeping you active. The fact behind this is that chocolates help in enhancing your neurotransmitters, which in turn help in controlling sleep and mood.
So, now you might want to pamper yourself with this sinful delight. But do remember to take the path of moderation. Excess of anything… you can finish this line yourself. But do so while indulging in some good ol' Cadbury.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hii doc. I had DNC before 12 days. My pregnancy was of 10 weeks. Now I get rubella tests. Rubella igg is positive 3.01 and igm positive 2.45. My doctor ask me to wait for 3 to 4 months then repeat the test. And she didn't advice for any medicine or vaccination. She said it will cure naturally after some weeks. I want to know should I wait or get vaccination. please answer.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.
Hello, I had sex a day after my periods got over and later I took I pill within 72 hrs. I had sex 5 days after taking the pill. The very next day there was bleeding which lasted for about 8 days. Is this period bleeding occurring earlier than the expected date? Should I go for a pregnancy test?
Follow these 6 changes to your lifestyle to feel better and live healthier-
1) King’s Breakfast: Most people don't feel like eating much at breakfast, esp. the late nighters. However, ignoring or skipping breakfast sets a bad rhythm for the rest of your day and weakens your immune system. Having breakfast is a must and the ideal breakfast is one which is low in carbs and has a good portion of protein. For people short on time, a seasonal fruit with raw nuts and a little yogurt can be a good option.
2) Water Intake: Drinking inadequate water causes dehydration inside and can lead to a number of issues. Most common issues are headaches, dry skin, impaired sleep, joint problems, poor concentration as well as digestive disorders. Best way to address this problem is to keep water handy wherever you are. Try to drink about two litres of water each day. More, if its hot or after workouts.
3) Sleep Well: Sleep time is rejuvenation for your body. If you don't get enough sleep, you will deprive your body the time to recover and tackle whatever the next day has to offer. Try to be in bed earlier and get atleast 7 hours of sleep.
4) Physical Training: A good mix of aerobic as well as resistance training is quite important for your health. You feel more energetic and productive when you physically work out. Folks who exercise regularly are generally happier than those who are inactive.
5) Stress Releasing: Stress is a major factor in inducing various forms of illnesses. Stress must not accumulate. Try to give yourself some time every week to do things that you enjoy – it can be reading or meditating or enjoying the outdoors.
6) No Self Medication: Often one wrong medicine causes much more harm than any medicine at the right time, does good. Try to avoid popping pills without doctor’s recommendation. Many side effects or reactions to an existing medication or condition can lead to uncalled for problems and complications later. Don’t rely on sources like chemist or a relative to guide you, they might not look at the right details due to lack of knowledge. Say no to self medication.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.