Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kishore Pandit
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Kishore PanditYour feedback matters!
It has been 6 days since I have missed my period. Yesterday I got my Thyroid checked and found that my TSH is 0.75. Does this mean that I am pregnant. Before 3 month when I had my thyroid checked it was 3.7.
1. Always keep your nails neat and trimmed. Long nails tend to get in the way and tempt you to bite them.
2. Use mint chewing gums or flavoured candies as a distraction. They keep your mouth busy and distracts the mind away from your nails.
3. Apply a few drops of neem oil on your fingers and let them dry. The bitter taste of neem oil will stop involuntary nail biting to an extent.
4. Keep a stress ball handy. Use it to distract yourself whenever you feel like biting your nails.
6. If you are okay with it, use nail polish to style your fingernails. This encourages you to grow nails as well.
7. Stress is a major factor that induces nail-biting in certain people. You will notice that you do not bite nails much when your mind is fresh and relaxed.
Hello, My last LMP was 15th june, 2015 On 20th July, I did urine test it was a faint pink line. But I got periods for a single day on 20th. Then I did HCG blood test on 20th, the count was 44. On 24th again I did HCG blood test, the court was 158 And on 28th it was 540. There was nothing seen in sonography. I am really very confused am I pregnant?
My 40+ years old wife feeling breast pain. All tests ok. Nipple pain also. After massage she feels rest. Which cream should be used for massage and healthy breast.
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs. It leads to inflammation of the lungs which is filled with fluid or pus. It can range from being mild to severe depending on a person’s health and age. Pneumonia can be caused by a variety of germs including bacteria, virus, and fungi. It can become life-threatening and dangerous for people:
- Infants and children aged between 2 to 5 years
- Older people aged above 65 years
- Those who have a weak immune system or have other forms of respiratory problems
Pneumonia can be contracted from different places and can become risky when:
- Bacterial pneumonia can easily be contracted from hospital and healthcare which is termed as community-acquired pneumonia. The chances of acquiring pneumonia can increase if are on the ventilator.
- Alcohol- Having excessive or regular alcohol can lead to worsening of your pneumonia
- If you are exposed to animals like birds, rabbits and rats, then the chances of you contracting pneumonia might be greater.
- If you have some medical problems like heart or kidney disease, then your pneumonia can get worse. The situation may be particularly precarious for asthma patients.
- Smoking also makes you more susceptible to pneumonia.
- Having a weak immunity due to HIV, asplena, poor nutrition and also chemotherapy can lead to worsening of bacterial pneumonia.
Some symptoms of bacterial pneumonia may include:
- Coughing that may produce mucus
- Fever with shaking and sweating
- Chest pain
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Low body temperature
- Shortness of breath
Newborns and infants having pneumonia may not show any symptoms that make it difficult to detect the disease. Also when you have mild symptoms, it is termed as walking pneumonia.
If you have pneumonia, then you should consult a doctor who will prescribe a few tests:
- Blood test-It is mainly done to identify the germ causing the disease
- Chest X-Ray- It helps the doctor locate the exact position of pneumonia.
- Pulse Oximetry- It measures the oxygen level in a person’s body.
- Sputum Test- Fluid from your lungs is taken and tested to know the cause of infection.
- Additional tests may be advised by your doctor that includes CT scan and Pleural fluid culture.
For mild or walking pneumonia, doctors may prescribe certain antibiotics and cough medicines to treat pneumonia. Within a week or two, your lung will start to clear up and you will feel better. Moreover, have enough fluid and sleep and do not smoke.
However, if you fall in the risky category and are experiencing pneumonia symptoms even after having medicines, you should get yourself or your child hospitalized. But there are ways to prevent pneumonia like giving vaccinations to your children and washing your hands. Also, lessen your smoking or stop altogether. So don’t let pneumonia turn into a life-threatening disease by following these simple measures. Consult your doctor immediately if have any of the pneumonia symptoms and fall in the category of – infants and children, people above 65 years of age and people with low immunity. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!