Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kishore Pandit
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kishore PanditYour feedback matters!
Iam 30 years old female during 3years of marriage all reports was normal but recently ie on june 2015 has been traced a simple cyst in left ovary size 33x30 mm, left ovary enlarged 42x39 mm tiil that time I do not have any pcos but after taking injection HCG Siphasi 1000 iu on may I found in june this simple cyst after 6 months ie this december it was polycystic pattern left ovary and also in right ovary simple cyst 20x17 mm mm & ovary size 41x30 and thyroid this december is TSH 3.46 & T4 is 1.37 what is that thyroid type and what are my chances of conceiving. Before to that injection I do not have any pcos but now am very much worried, when there was no pcos iam not conceived but now what is my chance what should I do please kindly suggest me.
Are you facing troubles, such as unwanted facial hair, excessive weight gain, irregular periods, and acne on face or sudden hair loss? If you are experiencing any two symptoms, you might be suffering from Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder / Syndrome. Affecting at least 1 in 10 Indian women it is the most common issue facing us today. It is also a leading cause of infertility. Many women ignore the signs and symptoms and fail to consult specialists. PCOS can manifest in many ways- it can have a single symptom or it can be associated with many aspects.
The common signs and symptoms are:
- Irregular or absent menstrual periods.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: As the cycle gets delayed in PCOS, the uterus lining becomes thicker (a condition known as hyperplasia). When a woman starts her periods after a long time, she can experience heavy and prolonged bleeding.
- Oily skin and acne on face and back.
- Darkening and thickening of certain areas of the skin, especially in skin folds of the neck, armpits, and groin.
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or thighs.
- Thinning of hair on the crown of the head.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular problems, including high cholesterol
- Multiple tiny ovarian cysts; some women with PCOS have a large number of tiny follicle cysts (visible by ultrasound) on their ovaries.
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. It seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes.
If you are experiencing any of the given symptoms, it is advisable that you consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
PCOS on the rise in adolescents:
Adolescent PCOS is on the rise these days due to change in lifestyle, academic load and lack of physical exercise. In many girls the symptoms commence with irregular periods and weight gain, followed by hair loss and acne. It is imperative that PCOS be diagnosed early so that its secondary issues - insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease can be controlled medically.
How PCOS is diagnosed:
It can easily be diagnosed through a physical examination, simple inexpensive blood tests and most importantly an ultrasound. You should consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
How can PCOS be prevented or controlled:
PCOS cannot be prevented but weight control is the key to prevention of metabolic syndrome at a young age. Early diagnosis and treatment can help manage the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.
Even post diagnoses exercise, diet control and adherence to medication are essential. One should also document their menstruation cycles dates for clinical aspects.
In some older women who wish to conceive surgical treatment known as laparoscopic drilling of the cysts can be done.
After the two days of the periods I had unprotected sex in the morning and got Ejaculation inside, can I take i-pill to stop the pregnancy? Please advise.
Hello, Both Fallopian tubes blocked, age 37 any remedy or (medicine) to get pregnant and periods are regular in cycle.
Hi, after pregnancy, doctor said there is swelling in my uterus and I am taking medicine nusam400. But in period am suffering from pain on my left abdomen. Is this normal.
Is there any contraindication for taking misoprostol for abortion if I have previous history of POST PARTUM haemorrhage. I have two normal deliveries with one history of mtp.
The uterus is a muscular structure held in place inside your pelvis with the help of muscles, ligaments, and tissues. These muscles weaken in women due to pregnancy, childbirth or delivery complications and can lead to severe complications. One such complication is a uterine prolapse. Uterine prolapse occurs when the uterus sags or slips from its normal position into the vaginal canal.
The causes of uterine prolapse are varied and include:
- Delivering a large baby
- Difficulty in labor and delivery
- Reduction in estrogen levels post menopause
- Traumatic childbirth
- Loss or weakening of the pelvic muscle
- Conditions which lead to increased pressure in the abdominal area such as a chronic cough, straining, pelvic tumors or accumulation of fluid in the abdomen
- Loss of external support due to major surgery in pelvic area
Uterine prolapse can be complete or incomplete depending on how far the uterus sags into the vagina. Women who have minor uterine prolapse may not have any visible symptoms. However, if the condition worsens, it manifests itself in visible signs.
Symptoms of moderate or severe prolapse are:
1. A feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis when you sit
2. Seeing the uterus or cervix coming out of the vagina
3. Vaginal bleeding or increased discharge
4. Painful sexual intercourse
5. Recurrent bladder infections
6. Continuing back pain with difficulty in walking, urinating and moving your bowels
Without proper attention, the condition can cause impairments in the bowel, and can also affect bladder and sexual function. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sex addiction killing feel pain a lot at private body part still not getting good treatment. What should i do?
I am 21 years old. I started consuming "achi health mix" for breakfast since last month. Before that I had regular menstrual cycle once in 29 days. Now I'm having irregular periods. I want to know is that because of that health mix. What should I do?
If you want to adopt a stray puppy/kitten or dog/cat at home, things must not be ignored.
1. Be extreme cautious about the diseases that can be transmitted from dogs or cats to human beings.
2. Examine the puppy /kitten or dog /cat carefully and neatly, preferably take it to your veterinarian to rule out any existing disease. Few may be infectious, can affect your other healthy pets at home, if any! scope of carrying contagiuos zoonotic diseases like rabies, leptospirosis etc. Should be carefully assessed and inspected.
3. Take suggestions from your vet regarding deworming of your newly adopted pets as few worms also can be transmitted from them to us particularly to children as well as can endanger pets' life too.
4. Know elaboratedly about the precautions that you have to take after you have taken/adopted that stray animal to your house for safe handling without making yourself prone to any kind of infections transmissible from animals to human beings. If a quarantine period is essential and asked to maintain, you need to follow that.
5. Try utmost to avoid any kind of bite, scratch, lick on your injured/broken skin or on fresh cut on your skin unless this quarantine period is completed or over and you have completed its all possible immunizations including anti rabies vaccine.
6. An adopted stray dog or cat may have many complications and weakness regarding its health. Handle it delicately along with all possible personal health care measures as said above to treat it, so that it can survive and grow for a full health.
7. Complete its all possible vaccinations under indian standard in healthy clinical condition from your veterinarian.
Lastly I wish a better and healthy life for your adopted pet. Just follow these basics and go ahead. No adverse consequence will perturb you thereafter.