Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kirti Nandedkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Kirti NandedkarYour feedback matters!
Good morning , I am Dr Puneet K Kocchar. I am a consultant gynaecologist and fertility specialist.
Today I am explain about unexplained fertility. Now before going to unexplained fertility, I am going to tell you about what is infertility or sub-fertility.
If you have has unprotected regular intercourse for a period of one year or over one year and you have not been able to conceive, then you need to see a doctor. That is when you are suffering from sub fertility and you need to see a doctor. And for the women above the age of 35 years, if you have been trying reguarly to get pregnant over a period of 6 months and you are not pregnant. You might see a doctor and get some basic tests done.
Now coming to unexplained infertility. This is where when we are not able to find out the cause of infertility. Lets start from the basics. You need four basic things to get pregnant. I will show you here,
- First we need a sperm which should be normal and have good mortality present in the semen.
- When you have intercourse, the sperm is deposited in the vagina.
- Then you need eggs to be produced in the ovary and we need two fallopian tubes which should be patent and should be able to transfer the sperm to reach the egg.
- Then we have uterus which is normal and able to carry on the pregnancy.
Now unexpalined infertility is when all these factors are normal and still someone is not able to conceive. You will be suprised to know that unexplained infertility accounts for as much as 20-25% cases of infertility, that we see in our clinic daily.
The good news is that about 80% of the women are able to conceive. Most of them conceive on their own or some of them need help of a doctor. No extensive treatments are required in this case, mild treatment might help you conceive. Now the first kind of management is to provide oral medicines, such as follic acid, which help in the development of baby. If you are suffering from polycystic ovaries, we might give the medicines of ovugation induction to improve the quality of egg. These are the oral medications which help in the formation of the eggs. Sometimes we give injections to form highter number of eggs. There are some tablets which helps in improving the quality of few eggs.
On the other hand, there are extreme opposite case in which woman instead of having higher number of eggs, have low number of eggs. So these women might benefit from DHEA tablets, so we give them oral medications in order to improve the egg quality. After improving the egg quality and the serial ultrasounds we can see the egg is develpoing normally. And you have tried naturally, lets say about 3-6 months and you are still not pregnant, then the next step is for Intrauterine Insemination, also called IUI.
In IUI, once your egg is ready, we call the couple to the clinic. The husband has to give semen sample which is then processed. The good quality or the rapidly move sperm is put in the uterus. This might help in conception by increasing the chances of natural pregnancy by about 5%. In natural pregnancy, the chances of getting pregnant is about 15% and in IUI cycle, the chances increase to about 20%. If this fails for about 3-6 cycles, we have two more options;
We either perform the tests for the tubes again. So, we either do the laposcopy tests or we move towads IVF, which is called "In Vitro Fertilization". This is also called test tube baby treatment. It is not actually a painfull or extensive treatment, infact it is quite simple treatment which has a success rate of about 50-60% of conception for majority of couples, below the age of 35-36 years.
In the patients with unexplained infertility, the chances of conceiving without requiring IVF is very high. As I said, all you need is a good direction and not to give up hope and not to stop treatment for very long time. If you are suffering from any such problem, I would request you to call us and make an appointment and discuss the problems in personal.
You can contact me through lybrate or directly on my clinic.
Hi I want to know how can jowar Roti help us in reducing weight? How many times we can have per day? please suggest the uses of them.
My doctor advised me for mychiro tablets for pcos Its been 2 months that I'm having it Is this tablets is a birth control pill or not. Can I conceive while consuming them.
I am 20 Year old Female, I usually suffer a lot with my Waist pain where my spinal cord starts during Menstrual Cycle. What should I do?
I have desk job in the last two years. My weight has gone up23 to 75 kg. I have loose my weight. Please help.
Dry fruits undoubtedly are great energy foods that are loaded with vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins. Anjeer or fig is one of the most popularly used dry fruit, and has multiple benefits. So, it's essential to include this fruit in your diet. Anjeer or fig can be consumed in multiple ways.
First is, by sun drying it and having it raw. You can even store this dried fig throughout the year. People across the country love the milk shake of Kaju Anjeer. For which, you need to soak some figs and add them along with cashews to the milk. Alternatively, you can even roughly cut them and add to your salads. The most delicious way to have figs is by adding them in your desserts. You can also make sweets like barfi and peda (milk sweet) with this healthy ingredient.
Here are 9 health benefits of this super fruit:
- Controls blood pressure and ageing: Figs are rich in potassium, which negates the effect of sodium and helps in controlling blood pressure. They can also help in controlling ageing effects by providing you enough iron, estrogen, etc. This keeps your hormones in check and boosts your energy as well. Figs are also great for skin and hair and nails. Mashed figs applied on the face can prevent acne.
- Helps in weight management: Moderate amount of figs can help in controlling weight. They are rich in fiber, and therefore eating figs is a good way to keep junk and fried foods at bay. When in the mood for a light snack, pick figs and they will make you feel full, at the same time, but in a healthy way.
- Heart healthy food: Figs reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood. Triglycerides are the culprit for inducing heart disease as they are fat particles which accumulate along the blood vessel and cause heart attacks.
- Reduces chances of cancer: Figs are rich in antioxidants and therefore help in controlling release of free radicals and chronic inflammation. The free radicals are the ones responsible for chronic inflammation including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Figs are therefore believed to have a preventive effect on these chronic health conditions.
- Controls blood sugar: The chlorogenic acid present in figs helps in reducing blood sugar levels in diabetics. Potassium which is found in abundance in figs also plays a good role in control of blood sugar levels.
- Improves bone health: Calcium is the main ingredient required for healthy bones, and figs are a good natural source for this. While dairy products are a good source, they are not alone sufficient, and figs can be a good second-line supplement.
- Aids in constipation: Being rich in fiber, figs are good for intestinal motility and can prevent constipation. The fiber provides roughage, aiding in good bowel movements
- Keeps the reproductive system in check: Figs are rich in minerals like magnesium, zinc, and manganese which contribute to vitality and fertility. Figs can be soaked in milk and consumed or eaten in other forms as mentioned above. So, if you're pregnant or planning a baby, do include this super food in your diet.
- Prevent kidney stones: Boil some figs in water and once cool, this water can be consumed for a few days to prevent kidney stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 25 years old boy. I am having lichen planus since 14 years. I had taken multiple treatments from more than 4-5 doctors in this time span. I have recently heard that homeopathy has its permanent treatment. Please advice what to do and what is the best treatment available.
10 tips for how to sleep better:
- Rest in cozy comfort: quality mattress, soft blankets and cool temperature will reduce annoying distractions (too hot! achy back!) and help you relax.
- Turn on some soothing sounds: use a sound machine or a fan to drown out what may be preventing you from falling asleep within 15 minutes of laying down.
- Complete darkness: If your room isn’t completely dark, consider a sleep mask—this will also increase your natural production of melatonin, which is not only a great sleep inducer but a great cancer fighter as well (study).
- Snooze-inducing smells: wearing lavender lotion or using a diffuser with lavender essential oil may help you hit deep sleep sooner. Plus, who doesn’t love the smell of lavender? ahhh…
- Turn off tech and meditate: Turn off tech at least 1 hour before going to bed. Then, keep lights dim and read or meditate to let your body naturally make some sleepy melatonin (the hormone that is produced as it gets dark out, and regulates sleep and wake cycles).
- Skip or reduce caffeine: Caffeine not only prevents many folks from falling asleep at night initially, but it can also decrease the amount of restful sleep that happens at night (study). If you’re having trouble sleeping at night, try decaf, herbal tea or keep it to one cup very early in the morning.
- Go easy on the alcohol: Alcohol feels like a sedative at first because it slows down motor and brain function, leaving us feeling relaxed and worry-free. But, as it’s metabolized, acetaldehyde is produced, which acts like a stimulant in our bodies. This is what wakes us up in the wee hours of the morning unable to get the rest we need. So for a good night’s sleep, peel back on the alcohol and drink it earlier and with food (or not at all).
- No nicotine: Nicotine is similar to caffeine in that it’s a stimulant and may cause insomnia. And even once you fall asleep, you’ll have decreased slow wave sleep, which means it’s less restorative (study). Tough love: stop smoking.
- Exercise: Try to fit in 20-30 min of moderate exercise daily, but make sure to do it several hours before bed. Ideally, 20-30 minutes of cardio in the morning with some restorative yoga in the afternoon.
- Clear your mind: If you’re tossing and turning after switching the lights off, you may need to hit the reset button on your mind. Here are a few things to try. Before going to bed, journal—jot it all down. You could also try a guided meditation. If you can’t fall asleep after lying in bed for 15 minutes, get up and do something relaxing for 15-30 minutes before returning to bed. Don’t give up. You’ll find a strategy that works for you.