Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kirti JogalekarYour feedback matters!
Hi! I had sex in March den I had pill and I get periods within a week then my next period occur at July and now m not having my periods and between dis time interval I never had sex still my periods are irregular. Why so?
My friend had unprotected sex after her periods over on the 3 rd day is it dangerous for her? Please reply fast she is in a worry.
Me and my gf had unprotected sex but I didn't cum inside vagina and I gave Her ipill within 6 hours . Than later we again had unprotected sex that time also I didn't cum inside her vagina after 10 days and again I gave her ipill . I.e. I gave her ipill 2 times in 10 days . But now she's feeling like vomiting, her stomach is paining, her breast have became tender, and she gained little weight . Please doctors help I am worried about her . Please help . Thank you.
Hi my 33 weeks pregnant n scanning report says normal 13 cm fluid n 2900gm weight but her legs r swelling more n baby movements less compared to earlier month please suggest.
My husband is 32 years old healthy man. The physical relationship is strained and very rare but rest is all fine. He doesn't complain of any discomfort. Is it ok not to have any inclination for physical relationship. The frequency is like once in a month. Is it normal to not want to get physical for a man his age?
My wife age 32 year old my wife is having trouble getting pregnant could my sperm be the problem I give some medicine now what I do my age is 38 what I do?
Can full fledged yoga (12 surayanamaskars, pranayama, all kinds of asanas) be practiced during periods? Even if the bleeding is not very heavy. No cramps or any sort of discomfort. Does the practice during periods cause any harm to the body? Thank you.
I am experiencing one breast pain followed by the other one of my breast has become darker I have done the test but it was negative many times.
Hi. I am a software engineer. Am 30 years old and 3 years since got married. I am having pcod and thyroid. I have undergone ovarian drilling last month. What is the chance of me me getting conceived naturally? Any diet recommendations? Or dos and do nots?
Is this possible that meningitis can transferred from mother to her child, if yes then what is the precautions to prevent from this disease to child.
Im in my 33rd week of pregnancy. Vaginal discharge has increased in the 3rd trimester especially after I walk or exercise. Is this normal? Does vaginal discharge increase after activity? What kind of discharge is abnormal?
Hi, My wife had to take an emergency contraceptive pill (levonorgestrel 1.5 mg) within 24 hours after consulting a gynecologist. Now she is having lightheadedness and nausea for the last 5 days in short spells, specially during morning hours and at night. Her periods were due on the 27th December. How to know if the medicine is working and are these symptoms normal side effects?
I am 25 years old and I am trying to conceive baby from last 2 year but still now negative result today is 33 day of may cycle I am suffering from side pain stomach pain & light bleeding. Pregnancy test is negative. Kindly confirm.?
• Essential Fatty Acids
EFA are essential for getting pregnant. Omega 3 fat is necessary to maintain the balanced production of hormone-like substances called prostaglandins. They can also increase blood flow to reproductive organs, increase cervical mucus, and promote ovulation.
1 tsp. of fish oil per day is recommended for women consuming animal products while 1 tbsp. of flax oil per day is recommended for women not consuming animal products.
• Vitamin B12
Many women who are not able to conceive are deficient in Vitamin B12. B12 will help to balance hormone imbalances, essential for cell formation, aids in nutrient absorption and metabolism as well as overall digestion.
It is also important for the nervous system, blood supply, and the development of red blood cells.Women who are trying to get pregnant and have a B12 deficiency may not be ovulating and may have abnormal estrogen levels which can affect implantation of a fertilized egg.
B12 deficiency has also been linked to cell abnormalities of the reproductive tract which may even be diagnosed as cervical dysplasia. Vitamin B12 is found in the gut of animals and, therefore, cannot be obtained through plants. Women following a vegan or vegetarian diet are often low in B12 and should use supplements. Women trying to get pregnant, and pregnant women throughout their pregnancy should be consuming 2.6 mcg of B12 per day.
Beside taking supplements, if you’re trying to conceive, you should increase intake of beef, poultry, fish, fortified dairy or nondairy products as well as booster foods such as nutritional yeast. B12 shots are also effective.
If you’re trying to get pregnant, you should be increasing the protein intake to about 25% of what you have previously been eating. High-quality protein with all amino acids is the best option, high-quality animal protein is also sources of other important nutrients such as iron, and B-vitamins.
• Folic Acid
Folic acid is one of the best-known vitamins to aid in pregnancy. It is essential for preventing neural tube defects, congenital heart defects, cleft lips, limb defects, as well as urinary tract defects in the baby.
Deficiency in folic acid can also increase infertility and cause pre-term labor. Folic acid can be found in liver, lentils, beans, black beans, asparagus, spinach, and broccoli. If you’re taking a supplement, then it should be should be between 600-120mcg per day.
Too much body weight puts your health at great risk. When you take in more calories than you burn, you get fat -- it's that simple. You've got to eat less. You've got to exercise more. You've got to push yourself to make these lifestyle changes -- but you've got to do it to help avoid serious health problems like heart disease, diabetes, or stroke.
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.