Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
My friend's jaw is paining for last 4-5 days. He don't have a medical history. What should be done to reduce this pain?
I am 26 years old I am suffering from mouth there are many teeth are suffering from gums and blooding I have many doctors to see the teeth please give me a best solution.
A Gap is created due to tooth decay.A little portion of food enters the gap and comes out with similiar outlet on the other side of the tooth.I have no pain or problem etc.Consulted someone who advised RCT but I still feel a filling shall do the job and save the tooth.Pls advise
Some bad smell is coming from mouth and some time blood also. Please suggest me what need to be done.
My age is 21 and my only 6 teeth has broken till now. Is this a problem and if any other tooth broke now will it agai regrow.
I am having tooth problem from few days. Whenever I am having cold thing I feel sensation in left part. I tried colgate sensitive from a month but it still not working. So please advice me something.
Hello doctor I'm 23 years old female. I have tooth caries. And some tooth are cracking. I think there is insecticide. How to cure that with medicine or any paste or mouthwash like that in home because am living in my mother in laws house she won't allow me to go to hospital. Am so scared please help me out.
I have gone rootcanal anfd fitted bridge. From the last two days there I am having paim in the gum and swelling also.
Hello. My mother is having burps problem. It comes from mouth and once it gets started then it is difficult to stop without any medicine. What to do?
I am having pain in my upper jaws from last 1 week. It is especially during yawning, otherwise I don't feel the pain. Even I am not able to open my mouth completely because of that pain. The pain is just next to the middle of my right ear and to an extend I can make out that the pain is not due to any infection in my teeth or any ear problem. What should I do to get rid of this pain?
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.