Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KhatriYour feedback matters!
My daughter, 15 months old, weight is 9 kg n height is 75 cm. Both are less acc to her age .how can I help her? She is an active child but sometimes I find her licking slippers n eating soil.
13 days back I delivered baby girl 3 kgs c section ,on first day I didn't get any milk same continued 2 nd day so my paediatric given me dexloc, I have milk wen I press milk cmg out bt my baby habituated to bottle nw she nt taking my milk at all n my nipples are flat she nt able latch ,I tried manual hand pump milk nt cmg ,I m takg good diet also bt no milk and nw she started vomiting ,I m worried abt my child ,I tried nipple shield too .bt baby sucks force nt sufficient, please sort my prblm.
Sir, I have 4mnth baby, past 1 mnth he had a trouble in getting out his motion regularly, we visited a doctor, he prescribed a medicine, what' s the problem is if he a take a medicine he regularly getting out the motion if stopped it then he didn' t getting out motion even for 3 days
Are bananas, citrus foods, and watery fruits shld be given to kids have bronchitis n frequently cough cold Allergies.
Hi my daughter is one year. She is having skin allergy commonly known as chappaki. I am gvng her allopathy medicine. Whenever I stop medicine she again faces same problem.
My six month old baby passes greenish watery stool 2 to 3 times a day but some times he passes normal stool. It is happening for the last 15 days. What should I do now? Please help.
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery.