Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khandge VasantYour feedback matters!
Sir please explain me that which stretch n posture exercise I have to do to straighten my bowlegs which is more effective?
Have a mango everyday for the following health benefits.
1) For Clear Skin - Eating mangoes helps in clearing clogged pores and reducing acne or other impurities. It helps the skin glow when used externally (application of pulp).
2) For Improved Sex Performance - Mangoes have aphrodisiac quality. They are a rich source of vitamin E and other hormone balancing minerals. They help in improving your libido as well as sexual performance.
3) For Cholesterol Control - Mangoes have appreciable levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C which together help in lowering serum cholesterol levels (bad cholesterol). It also known to help in losing weight.
4) For Eye Health - Vitamin A is most crucial for your eye health and a good eye sight. A single big ripe mango ensures a fourth of needed daily value of vitamin A.
5) To Alkalize Your Body - The tartaric acid, malic acid as well as citric acid found in the fruit help in maintaining the alkali reserve of the body.
6) To Boosts Immunity - Having good amount of this fruit in the season equips you for the entire year. Armed with a high levels of vitamin C and vitamin A as well as battery of carotenoids, mangoes are the best fruit for immunity building.
7) For Diabetes Check - Mangoes have a relatively low glycemic index (41- 60) compared to other sweet fruits, therefore it is relatively safe for diabetics to consume it. Also, mango leaves extract is know to normalize blood insulin levels.
8) Improves Digestion - The high fiber content of mangoes helps in digestion as well as elimination of waste. It contains enzymes for breaking down protein, which boosts digestion too.
9) To Protect From Heat Stroke - 'Aam Panna, raw mango pulped and made into a sweet/sour drink, is know to help the body cool down. It helps against beating the heat and fights dehydration.
10) Prevents Cancer - The rich antioxidant compounds and enzymatic properties of mango, safeguards against leukemia, colon, breast, as well as prostate cancers.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am pregnant and going for 4th month. I have problem of not getting sleep at night because some moment goes on in my stomach. Please help.
We had sex once, we took precautions also. We do not want child soo soon. She missed her period date which was 4 days after our sex. Today Its about 10 days after her period date still no period. How to confirm she is pregnant or not? Marital status: Married Are you sexually active? Somewhat Timing during intercourse/ masturbation: 5-10 minutes Any other symptoms/ issues: no.
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE ON HOW TO FIND THE BEST TREATMENT RATHER THAN DOCTOR.
You are struck by this unknown throat problem, your general physician is not very helpful, he tried his level best but still no relief. The big question “who is the best doctor, who can solve my problem”. Like a child’s play the hand slides down to cellphone and you search the best throat doctor. Little did you realize that you are unscrupulously falling in the trap of finding that nonexistent “best doctor”. Finding the best doctor is akin to say “finding the best dog “or “finding the best spouse”. Not only its purely subjective proposition but often leads to disasters if you jump blindly. In fact, if you search Ent doctors on google, almost all of them will be quoted as best ent doctors. The menace is so much widespread spread to the extent doctors have posted youtube videos (unbelievable 341,000 videos ) claiming themselves to be best doctors in india. Its more of marketing gimmick and trap in which patients often fall into. Medical council of india does not award best doctors to any one and neither is there a yard stick to judge all doctors on one scale.
Coming back to the basic question, who is the best guy to treat my throat? However badly you want to know that “name”, it would be a shocker if i tell you the truth, the name doesn’t exist. While a seemingly simple voice change can be a sign of voice exertion and may need only voice rest to cure it, it can very well be a subtle sign of malignancy that can be picked by narrow band imaging available only at the finest centers. Since the variation is so huge, it is unlikely you will ever come across “know all”, “do all” and “fix all” person.
Often the only practical solution to your problem is where can i find an honest, skillful, caring and available doctor. Your personal preference may force you to think any of the four characteristic more important and you may choose to overlook some inadequacy if your big goal is satisfied. That’s why we have mixed opinions of any doctor. Even with a very reputed doctor, your choice feels like rolling a dice in snake and ladder game.
More people than ever are now searching for a physician they can call their own. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find reliable, easy-to-understand information about specific doctors or practices. It may seem like a burden or restrictive to choose a care provider.
When you are choosing a doctor, look for someone who:
a) Treats you with respect: good doctors understand that a patient is vulnerable. Being respectful goes a long way toward helping the patient explain symptoms, take responsibility for decision-making and complying with instructions.
b) listens to your opinions and concerns:
c) encourages you to ask questions
d) explains things in ways you can understand: helps you understand what the next steps will be, and what the possible outcomes and their ramifications might be.
e) takes steps to prevent illness-for example, talks to you about quitting smoking.
It’s a known fact that doctors with better communication and interpersonal skills are able to detect problems earlier, can prevent medical crises and expensive intervention, and provide better support to their patients. This may lead to higher-quality outcomes and better satisfaction, lower costs of care, greater patient understanding of health issues, and better adherence to the treatment process
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH THE RIGHT DOCTOR
Make a list of the doctors you have in mind. Surf/call to learn more about them. References are usually most helpful and try calling your friends relatives to have their opinion. The answers to the following questions may help you make the best decision. Think about your experience after the first visit. Use your first visit as a litmus test. After u have seen the Doctor. Ask yourself, Did the Doctor-
1. Give me a chance to ask questions?
2. Really listen to my questions without interrupting?
3. Answer in terms I understood?
4. Show respect for me?
5. Ask me questions?
6. Make me feel comfortable?
7. Address the health problem(s) I came with?
8. Ask me my preferences about different kinds of treatments?
9. Spend enough time with me?
10. Explain the diagnosis and treatment, and specify a date for a follow-up?
If your doctor doesn’t fit in the check list and you are frustrated. It is important you should know your rights as a patient. this includes but not limited to following. so make sure you ask everything
a) Why do I need this treatment?
b) Are there any alternatives?
c) Are there any side effects?
d) What is the test for?
e) When will I get the results?
f) Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
HOW TO MAKE MOST OF YOUR TIME WHILE TALKING TO DOCTOR?
Since time is limited and it is unfair to expect that doctor will address your every little concern. It’s important you structure your interaction with him and get most of his time.
Ask questions. If you don't, your doctor may think you understand everything that was said.
Write down your questions before your visit. List the most important ones first to make sure they get asked and answered.
You might want to bring someone along to help you ask questions. S/he can also help you understand and/or remember the answers.
Ask your doctor to draw pictures if that might help to explain something.
Let your doctor know if you need more time. If there is no time that day, perhaps you can speak to a nurse or assistant. Or, ask if you can call later to speak with someone.
Ask for written instructions.
WHAT DOCTORS EXPECT FROM PATIENTS
1. You know important things about your symptoms and your health history. Tell your doctor what you think she/he needs to know.
2. Always bring a list of medicines you are taking (include when and how often you take them). Talk about any allergies or reactions you have had to your medicines.
3. Tell your doctor about any natural or alternative medicines or treatments.
4. Bring other medical information, such as x-ray films, test results, and medical records.
WHAT DOCTORS DISCOURAGE PATIENTS FROM DOING?
a) Talk bad about previous doctors and blaming them for everything.
b) Test the knowledge of doctor rather than getting to the problem
c) Bargain and talk how other people are offering treatment much cheaper.
d) Expect 100% results for everything while patient is busy drinking, smoking and sitting like a sloth.
e) More worried about side effects of treatment than the real problem of disease in front of them.
f) Read unedited blogs and websites which do not give peer reviewed medical information and discussing unfiltered half-baked ideas.
Ultimately it boils down to some sort of amicable agreement between doctor and patient which Leeds to success of treatment. From patient’s perspective “patient really doesn’t care how much a doctor knows till he knows how much a doctor cares”. Bottom-line finding a good doctor who can deliver the best treatment is always more practical then the searching for best doctor who may not deliver the best treatment.
source : http://www.3sensesent.com
I had my D &E on 11th April. I want to know is that OK to resume my normal routine? Shall I try to conceive in the month of July (after period). Before that I want to reduce my Weight too, can I go for gym and little bit change in diet?
I had a surgical abortion. I was given tetanus injection on my buttock. Its been 3 days yet the swelling and the pain of the injection is not gone. What should I do?
As soon as you get up just rinse your mouth then drink two glass of lime water, then do your regular activity of brushing, washroom and then can have your tea, breakfast after 20 min. Squeeze half lime in 2 glasses of water.
Lime has many useful properties. Burning fats, cleaning skin, reduces gases acidity complain and has anti cancer properties. You can have 3-4 times a week or regular consumption is also helpful. Take care and live healthy.
Love making is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Dear sir/madam, how much time needed for sex to get pregnant, one day is enough or continues days needed for good pregnant, and per day how many time ejaculation is best? Pls ans me.
Is there any problem while during sex if having tight fore skin? If having problem of it please give some precaution of it.
My aunt has initial stage of Breast cancer & have removed left breast. Now Chemo therapy needs to be started. Doctor suggested Cup therapy or Vein therapy. Kindly suggest which is better therapy?
I am pregnant of 17 weeks and I am loosing white liquid from my sex organ. It is harmful to me or my child or not? Please advise me.
6 handy tips to manage repeated vaginal infections
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infection. that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene: The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products: Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing: Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex: Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex: Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups: The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.