Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KhandekarYour feedback matters!
I am a 18 years old female I am constantly fainting from many days I tried a lot of pills but they are not working. What should I do? I have my exams coming in a weeks time?
Itching in throat and head sound (tinnitus in both ear) nasal congestion ,indigestion since 7 months are these symptoms of throat cancer?
I am 48 yrs old male and I am informed by the ENT specialist to undergo major surgery polyps as I am having breathing problem thorough nostrils due to chronic colds. Will I become very sensitive after this surgery and should I use medication life long. DOCTOR told that if I further dely it may lead to many problems. Pl suggest.
My wife age is 36 years old and she is frequently suffering from throat burning, vomiting and acidity since last 6 months. She tense too much. What could be the cause and what is the remeady.please suggest
My father is near about 120kg at present. And he has the bad habit now that where ever he sits he starts sleeping whether he sits in shop or at home. And when he sleeps he makes a loud whistle sound from his nose. So what should I do to control is sound frm nose and his bad sleeping habit everywhere.
Hello, I'm suffering from sinusitis since I was 5 years old and now I'm 18 but I still have headaches regularly I would like to know whether there is some sort treatment for this disease? Thank you.
Hlo sir. He has dizziness problem while he stands from sitting position for 5 minutes after that ok. Wt to do?
I am suffering from dry and smelly cough for last 15 days. Last year also suffering from this problem. I feel in my nose one side more space n other side little space. At early morning and mid night it's hard to take breathing.
I am suffering from throat pain since last 5 days it is very difficult to me to cough so please help me to over come with this problem.
I am sahil 21 year old male. I have some problem in my throat from more than 3-4 year but problem is increasing day by day. Many of time I suffer from foul smell from my mouth due to my throat problem because some particle of food get collected in my throat and make some big collection of it. So please suggest what to do.
Hi. I have a sinus problem. For past 5 Years. Early stages problem use to happen Once in a week. Now everyday i'm suffering. So what can I do.
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose.
Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds:
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
- Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia (learn more about Anaemia and how it affects the health): Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
You must see a doctor for severe and prolonged bleeding.