Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. KhanYour feedback matters!
I am having severe depression. Experiencing lot of heaviness in the head. Lot of sadness, Crying,Suffocation, Har cheez ko Dekh kar ghabrahat ho rahi hai. Feel a heat wave running in my body. Uneasiness,Heaviness, lethargic feeling, Can't sleep can't eat. Doing feel like eating inspite of being hungry. Feels like there is nothing in my life. What am I doing? Why am I living? What is my life it's better to die. I am getting very strong suicidal tendencies and very strong urge to commit it. I fear that I can do anything though I am trying to control myself a lot. I experience feeling of frequent urination too and my stomach is also getting upset. I am getting irritated also due to this. please help I want to get out of it as soon as possible. moreover my mother keeps knife and scissors in front of my all the mind and is telling me news about murder and suicide inspite of my telling her not to do this and she thinks if I am going through all this means I have gone mad.
I am hari. Studying tech final year. I lost my memory power. Forget some important knowledge. What I am doing now?
Hai I want to tell that in my life nothing is left for joy it becomes hell and so I decided if I don't get good results in 12 board so only one thing will very good for me is that suicide bcoz I have worked hard but in examination I forget the easy questions in which it can be solved easily by anyone and me also but the overnight study makes me dull in examination Hall. So want to ask that what is the good way to not frustrated bcoz every time I thought that I suicide please help and yes lot of problems having in my home also in which I can go to secateurs.
I am 22 years old and I am pursuing Chartered Accountancy Course. I am feeling so much depression. My love partner cheated me and now my everything seems like disturbed health studies social life etc. Please help me overcome this situation.
I am somewhat weak and I want to build up myself such that like that of heroes and build my body and my brain. I want to be very sharp in my studies and want to be more strong. This is my only tension. So suggest me please such that I can build my body and reduce my weight, trim my butts and etc and develop my memory without going to gym. Please suggest me fast.
I AM WORKING AS A ADMIN MANAGER - HAVING LOTS OF TETIONS WITH HEAVY BRAIN WORK LOAD.FULL OF STRESS, LITTLE HEAD ACHE ( WEEK) .KINDLY SUGGEST ME, KINDLY HELP ME BY SHOWING A WAY.
I am 45 years old. I AM SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION FROM 2004. And still I taking medicine Mirtaz 30mg and Lonazep 0.5 mg every night. But still I am not cure from this deceased. Sir please advice me what can I do.
Obsessive compulsive disorder puri taraha se aachcha ho sakata hai Kya? Medicine kitane dino tak lene padega? Cost of ocd medicine for 3 months? I lived in Pune.
I forget the things. I'm unable to remember what I read sometimes what I said before. Any aid for this forgetful nature ?
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
I have a problem of blood pressure in few seconds due to anger or any other reason my blood pressure rises too high and next second its low. What's the reason behind it and what should I do?
Dear sir my question from neurological department that alzheimer or dementia patient can take qutan 100 mg tablet or not I read about qutan 100 mg tablet that dementia patient cannot take this medicine because it increases heart disease like heart failure or breathing problem. But my doctor who treated me that prescribe this medicine Here I want to know your opinion what should to do. I am waiting for your response.
Head injuries occur due to a variety of injuries - road accidents, falls, sports, assaults, etc. While some injuries might be obvious, others may not have an external injury. However, given the structure and vascularity of the brain, there could be definite damage to the blood flow and brain function. There would be alteration in the person's behavior which may seem weird to others. A detailed history and examination will help unearth these symptoms and the underlying causes and thereby manage them. Any of the above injuries can result in jarring of the brain, and especially in cases of children, it is advisable to immediately consult a doctor. If it was a very minor injury, then any of the following symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor.
- Worsening headache
- Difficulty waking up from sleep
- Irritability and confusion
- Unequal pupil size or dilated pupils
- Confused about name or place of belonging
- Unclear speech
- Numbness in the legs or arms
As with all other conditions, homeopathy believes in getting to the root of the issue and not just treating the symptoms. There have been cases reported where the patient had severe symptoms, was given homeopathic remedies with complete cure of symptoms. There are specific remedies in the acute phase and the chronic phase. In acute phase, commonly given remedies in the acute phase include Aconite, Arnica, and opium. They are aimed at stimulating recovery and should be given immediately after the injury has happened.
- Aconite: Used when the patient is restless and panicky with the fear of death.
- Opium: These may have injuries elsewhere but not on the head, may feel dazed or be in coma, could also have a bloated face.
- Arnica: If the patient is severely bruised, however is denying help and claims to feel well, then Arnica should be given
In chronic phase these remedies help in managing the long term implications of a concussion that sets in sometimes even after months.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The person here is usually depressed and irritable, suicidal in some cases, have a feeling of ringing in the ears, experience vertigo. The symptoms are worsened in wet or damp conditions.
- Natrum muriaticum: The person becomes sad or withdrawn, have a chronic headache that is worsened when out in the sun and develop a dislike for salt. Being at the seaside can make these symptoms to improve or worsen dramatically.
- Hypericum: The person will have convulsions immediately after the injury and can complain of pins and needles sensation later on.
- Helleborus: The person seems shut down since the injury has happened with indifference to pain or pleasure.
- Hyoscymus: The person becomes talkative, excited, laughs inappropriately, and in rare cases, muscle spasms or even epilepsy.