Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. KhanYour feedback matters!
Since few days I am remaining depressed. I have exams coming up within 3 days yet im unable to study. My mind gets distracted very easily des days. Pls help. Wat shud I do?
I am a 38 years old man and have a smoking within 12 hours please make a 6 cigerates, bedi also. Please I cannot dropout anytime. Please how I can drop smoking?
My wife and myself facing continuously illness and my friends got success but I remain behind the success so I have always depression what can I do to recover all these things.
I'm suffering from stress problem. Unable to remain happy. I feel unhappy n get angry very quickly. Even now I don't like my favorite goods, foods etc. Health is also deteriorating day by day. please advise.
Sir, I have depressed during my studies and after my breakup with girlfriend so now a days I have a problem with mind I am not good communicate with people and sir ruk ruk k bone ki adat ho gye h and bad memory condition and my hair kafi thin or sar nzr ane LGA h beach se and I feel like I have no my mind what I can do sir help me. And sir dark circle or khana kabhi km kya kha raha hu.
Here, I am going ask a question about an illusion. I don't know it's true or not. My relative is working on govt job, he used to drink. He is about 48. From the last 4 days. He felt that there are some spirits or other things and those are talking about his household matters. And about other things. 4 days ago he felt the voice of those things in his ears. Next day at evening those were little bit visible to him. Then he realized that there were 10 or more things. And those were died years ago. Some about 4 other 5 years others 20 years ago. He never had it before. He was like they r gonna talking about his every thing and saying to kill him. Even when we called him on phone, he said those were listening us. Like if we said they r fake it's illusion. Those magical things replied it's true like that things. All people like our relatives were saying that it's black magic. Some people said that some spills hve been put on him. They said these type of things. We thought that maybe it's because of his drinking habit. But from last 5 days. He didn't touch whisky or other thing. Then he went to gurudwara and came home by chanting the name of some baani. He said he was listening the same chanted things when he used to stop chanting. Then last day. We went to a man suggested by people. He talked to dad on phone. And did some things. Then dad said those were starting going far. And today he didn't see anything Is it true that it's because of black magic?
The word epilepsy brings to mind visions of people frothing at the mouth and rolling on the ground. However, epilepsy affects each patient in a different way. This can make it hard to recognize at times. In the more serious cases of epilepsy, an epileptic attack can make a patient injure himself or develop other life threatening conditions. In rare cases, epilepsy can even cause death. Thus it becomes imperative to understand how to deal with epilepsy.
Treatment options for epilepsy can be categorized as medication, surgical procedures and dietary changes.
1. Medication: Medication for epilepsy is prescribed on the basis of the symptoms presented and the type of epilepsy the patient is suffering from. In most cases, seizures can be controlled with a single type of medication, but in others, the doctor may need to prescribe a combination of medicines to control epilepsy. These forms of medication do have side effects and hence any reactions to the medication must be immediately brought to the doctor's notice. The dosage for epilepsy medication may need to be varied with time. An epileptic patient should never discontinue medication on their own.
2. Surgery: Depending on the type of seizures and the area of the brain affected, a doctor may advise surgery in cases of severe epilepsy. Surgery can help reduce the number of seizures experienced or completely stop them. Surgery to treat epilepsy is of many types. Some of the common procedures are:
- Surgery to remove tumor of any such conditions that may be triggering the epileptic attacks
- Surgery to remove a small section of the brain from where a seizure originates. This may also be referred to as a lobectomy.
- Multiple subpial transaction or a surgery that involves making a series of cuts in the brain to prevent the seizures from spreading to other parts of the brain.
- Surgery to sever the neural connections between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- Surgery to remove half the brain's cortex or outer layer
3. Dietary changes: A diet rich in fats and low in carbohydrates can help reduce seizures. This is known as a ketogenic diet and aims at making the body break down fats instead of carbohydrates. It can cause a buildup of uric acid in the body and thus should be practiced only under the guidance of a dietician. In cases where epileptic attacks are triggered by malnutrition and birth defects, taking vitamin supplements can help lower the frequency of seizures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.