Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khan BaharYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old I had 6 doses of regestrone 5 mg tablets my dose finished on 13 n the doctor said I will get periods by 23 I had sexual intercourse on 15 mar will it effect my periods.
I am diagnosed with endometrial polyp measuring 8x5 mms. Is this risky? Is this is cancerous? What is the chances of cure? Please advise.
Hello Sir/ Madam, My age 29 yrs. I am a unmarried girl. My problem is- my menstrual timings is not good. Means my menstrual timings is every 20 - 22 days. And it's heavily bleeding. So after menstrual timing I feel weakness. So do the needful.
I am on birthcontrol pills since 7 months. My period is to come on 1st I had used protection on the first time the same day later during the second time we had unprotected sex though he did not ejaculate inside me. Do I need to take I pill in order to protect myself from pregnancy?
I have ultra sound today & ground 4.3 * 4.2 c.m cyst in right ovary. I'm tensed. Pls give suggestion. I'm also a blood sugar patient.
Hi I am pregnant now 33th week is running, I had severe cough problem I am worried about that, Is it risk or not and can I take cough syrup is it safe?
What is the right time to start ovaa should tablet .I mean do in need to start taking it while my periods or any particular day I should start . For example I should start having it on my 3rd day of period .please guide me .
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?
It has been espoused in common knowledge that when you have inttercourse with your partner, it makes both of you feel happier, satisfied and contented. This helps bring you closer to each other and results in a stronger and better relationship. Sexual activities have a direct connection to your psychological well-being. However, the number of times you have sex isn’t as important as the quality of the time you spend with your partner.
Stressed out on sex!
Due to modern lifestyle and stress, young couples are increasingly finding it difficult to hit the bed together, thus putting sex on the backburner. Research states most young couples now consider sex as secondary, mechanical and monotonous, which can be kept for a later time. But that is not the sign of normalcy. You don’t need to do it daily, but 2 or 3 times a week is beneficial for a healthy body, mind, and relationship.
Some of the benefits of having regular sex
- Sex releases endorphins hormone which reduces stress and also lets you experience euphoria. This makes you feel satisfied and happy during the act and in general with your life.
- It is directly related to promoting attractiveness. During sexual intercourse, the body releases pheromones which make you look more attractive to other people.
- If you experience orgasms during the activity, you are most likely to have an enhanced life span due to the promotion of better circulation within the body.
- Sex acts as an excellent pain reliever due to the release of endorphins.
- Sex also helps you to have better control of your bladder by working out the muscles during an orgasm.
- It has also been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer in men.
How much is too much?
These are just a few of the reasons sexologists and health care experts advise you to have intercourse often, at least twice weekly. You don’t need to do it regularly, as over indulgence will have negative effects too. It could also signal the start of problems with sexual addiction. Some of the negative effects of too much sex could be:
- It will lead to a detrimental effect on your sexual activity. You will find it difficult to get aroused often.
- You experience cramps on your body.
- You can experience difficulties in your bowel and urinary functions.
- You would be constantly distracted by the thoughts of sex which could lead to sex addiction.
It is best to stay within a limit, have fun with your partner twice or thrice a week and enjoy the health and psychological benefits of this natural marvel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.