Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khambatta Maleka ZafarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I want to know can I have sex with my 24 year old cousin sister? As we Both are virgins, how to have safe sex. Please help.
My usual periods starts every 35 or 33 days. My last periods was on July 26th. And it always is 5 days long. My engagement and ceremonies are suddenly scheduled from September 2nd to 5th 2017. Please help me out. I want to either prepare or postpone it.
Hi, I am 24 years old. I am diagnosed with PCOS and taken the treatment for 3 months with KRIMSON-35 then my period showed up naturally in 4th month around cycle of 44 days. Now it is about 50 days I didn't get my period. What should I do. Shall I have to wait or consult the doc please advise me. Thanks in advance.
Masturbation is a wonderful way to explore your physicality which is healthy as well as beneficial. According to research, women who masturbate regularly are likely to enjoy better sex lives with their partners and are more self confident in nature. Women who indulge in masturbation enjoy a wealth of physical as well as mental health benefits. Following are the benefits that you should be aware of:
Physical benefits of female masturbation:
- Prevention of infections: Female masturbation is very important as it prevents cervical infections and also relieves you from infections in the urinary tract. Recent studies suggest that masturbation helps relieve you from pain caused by urinary tract infections. It lubricates the vagina and eliminates harmful bacteria from the cervix.
- Better cardiovascular health: Masturbating promotes improvement in cardiovascular health and also effectively lowers the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It has been observed that women who masturbate regularly are less vulnerable to coronary heart disease and overall have a better immune system.
- Prevents insomnia: Masturbation can be a natural way to prevent insomnia as there is a subsequent release of hormones and stress involved. During masturbation the hormone called Dopamine increases as the process reaches climax. After orgasm, the hormones called oxytocin are released along with endorphins which consequently help you to sleep better.
Psychological or mental benefits of masturbation
- Improves mood and busts stress: Masturbation helps you get rid of depressed feelings and in turn positively affects your sexual life with your partner. It improves your mood and is considered an effective stress buster without any associated side effects.
- Helps you accept yourself: Accepting your sexuality is very important as it makes you aware of your body and makes you comfortable with it. It strengthens your love for yourself and increases your confidence. Paying attention to your sexual desires and fulfilling them yourselves is pleasurable as well as healthy. Masturbation can help you know your physical needs and relieve stress associated to your personal and professional life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My grandmother is now 67. And she got menopause at 45. 2 days back she got some bleeding .And today the bleeding was heavy. What could be the underlying cause. please help me with treatment.
अदरक हर मौसम में करें असर
* अदरक व सौंठ हर मौसम में, हर घर के रसोई घर में प्रायः रहते ही हैं। इनका उपयोग घरेलू इलाज में किया जा सकता है।
* भोजन से पहले अदरक को चिप्स की तरह बारीक कतर लें। इन चिप्स पर पिसा काला नमक बुरक कर खूब चबा-चबाकर खा लें फिर भोजन करें। इससे अपच दूर होती है, पेट हलका रहता है और भूख खुलती है।
* अदरक का एक छोटा टुकड़ा छीले बिना (छिलकेसहित) आग में गर्म करके छिलका उतार दें। इसे मुँह में रख कर आहिस्ता-आहिस्ता चबाते चूसते रहने से अन्दर जमा और रुका हुआ बलगम निकल जाता है और सर्दी-खाँसी ठीक हो जाती है।
* सौंठ को पानी के साथ घिसकर इसके लेप में थोड़ा सा पुराना गुड़ और 5-6 बूंद घी मिलाकर थोड़ा गर्म कर लें। बच्चे को लगने वाले दस्त इससे ठीक हो जाते हैं। ज्यादा दस्त लग रहें हों तो इसमें जायफल घिसकर मिला लें।
* अदरक का टुकड़ा छिलका हटाकर मुंह में रखकर चबाते-चूसते रहें तो लगातार चलने वाली हिचकी बन्द हो जाती है।
To begin with, what is binge eating? Binge eating is a tenacious temptation in your brain that rears its head every time you are bored or overwhelmed. This temptation literally overpowers all other thought processes to make you reach out for food that you know you do not need. And then, guilt, disgust, frustration and heavy dieting starts! Sounds familiar? Well, you may just be a victim of binge eating. So what can you do about it? Plenty! Here's our list.
- Emotional Hunger: Learn how to listen to your body. This is a way of bringing your mind and body in alignment by being aware and mindful. As soon as you feel a hunger pang, stop and think: is it emotional hunger or is it actually your snack or meal time? Once you learn to distinguish between the two, it is a matter of making a habit out of distracting yourself from emotional hunger by taking up a hobby or a pleasant activity that will also make your brain work in a different direction.
- Focus on your Food: Usually, binge eating happens around unhealthy food that will give your taste buds a temporary kick. This kind of food is generally fatty, fried or sweet. So next time, focus on what you are eating. If you are eating a healthy, regular meal, then focus on the fact that you are doing something positive. This greatly defeats the cause of binge eating as you will chase the positive feeling rather than looking for temporary gratification which leads to more permanent guilt later.
- Regular Meals: Eating your meals regularly at fixed times also dulls the temptation to binge. Regular meal times also set your biological clock and hunger ticking at the right times. If you avoid eating at meal times, then your mental hunger can get mixed up with a need for instant energy that your body requires due to a missed meal. This will make you reach out for unhealthy food in unhealthy portions.
- Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a food diary of everything you ate during the week and then going through it later will give you a lot of perspective on what you are doing wrong and how you can avoid the same.
Distancing yourself from wrong food and portions, and digging deeper into the emotions that trigger chronic binge eating may be answer you are looking for!
Related Tip: Oats - Why you should eat them?
From my left breast nipple sticky discharge leaking its very sticky, without pressing it comes automatically when I feel wet I coming to know the nipple discharge and me having left hip join pain severely.
I had unprotected sex with my bf and I took an ipill immediately after 4 hrs. And after 7 days of taking the pill I'm experiencing withdrawal bleeding and had a slight temperature and also feeling tired. Why is it so? Does it mean I could be pregnant?
I am getting menstrual cycle irregular because of something when I eat eggs or chicken what should I do?
I am a 35-year old female. Sometimes, I feel scared for my future and think negatively. This happened from two years back. I am taking 0.12mg amisulpride on alternate days. Please suggest is this Ok. I am happily married and have one son.
Hello friends, I’m going to take you through a journey of letting you know what diet actually is. The word diet, or rather going to a dietician actually scares us, isn’t it? We start thinking about giving up on our favourite foods, or starvation, or fasting, the do's, the dont's, in simple terms is like just eating soups and salads, isn’t it?
So let’s see what diet actually is. If we see today’s generation, we all are multitasking. We are into so many things. The generation is very stressful, competitive, and demanding, isn’t it? There are many changes we have made to cope up with the present generation, and most important change I feel we have made is in the eating habits.
With many of us working, most of us have half of our meals outside. Just because of the simple reason we are very tired to cook, or we currently have no time to cook. So basically, we do not exercise, we eat outside food. On regular basis, if you keep eating outside food, it taxes your digestive system, which has to work really hard to actually process those toxins and throw it out of the body. And over a long period of time, it will start showing you in terms of gas, acidity, or constipation.
Apart from that, stress is a part and parcel of our life. When the stress levels are too high, we resort to unhealthy things like smoking, alcohol etc. So all this coupled up can lead to a lot of complication. As such we are seeing a lot of increase in diabetes, blood pressure, thyroid, cancer, early menopause, early puberty, early greying of hair. So is there a solution to this? I would put it as it’s not a rocket science. We all know that we should eat healthy, in the terms that our plate should be full of more of fruits, salads, proteins, and less of junk food, or rather, no junk food or packaged foods at all.
We also know that we need to exercise, and should not remain sedentary. Or even if you exercise in the gym for an hour, and sit on your chair in the office for the whole day, it’s equally dangerous. So you need to be active throughout the day. And we also know that we should be calm, quiet and less stressful.
So we all know that this is the prescription for a healthy living, but are we practising it? If we are practising it, great. If not, then we have to, it’s high time that we should ask ourselves the reason as to why? I’ll tell you what does our health depend on. The health depends on three things.
One is the energy intake, what you actually eat, the energy output, that is the amount of calories which you burn, and your metabolic rate.
Metabolic rate is an inbuilt calorie burning rate which is required for an involuntary function of the body, like for your digestion, for breathing, for respiration, for detoxification, etc. now what is the main formula of maintain a healthy weight? It’s like eat right to be healthy. Don’t go on a diet to reduce weight, but eat right. Now, what does that eat right consist of? It consists of what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat, in simple terms. Now what to eat is less of processed food and more of foods in the natural form, like raw foods. When to eat is try and have five to six meals in a day. And how to eat again is try not to eat overcooked food.
For a temporary phase, if you do it for a temporary period of time, the results will always be short-term or short-lived. To get a permanent result and not fall into the trap of yo-yo dieting, try and follow a healthy diet. Everyone is different, and there are different diets for different people. Like, ice cream may be the cure for acidity for someone, and it can be a cause of weight gain for someone. Similarly, banana can help someone reduce weight, and for others it may cause weight gain. So each one of us is different, and this calorie and the nutrient requirement varies with your age, with the stage of life you are in to, with your blood parameters, with your nutritional levels.
So don’t just follow any kind of diet blindly. Get a customized diet for yourself, and I think it’s a must to get a customized diet once in your lifetime. We at Shilp’s Nutrilife we do that, customize your diet plan, and help you stay committed to your healthy goals throughout the life.
For further information, please connect to me at Lybrate.com.