Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khambatta Maleka ZafarYour feedback matters!
Kapha is responsible for governing all body functions related to lubrication. Some of the typical body functions that Kapha has a direct impact upon includes lubrication of lungs and joints, body weight, growth, and formation of the seven tissues- fat, bone marrow, nutritive fluid, reproductive tissues and fat. There could be several symptoms indicating an imbalance of Kapha in the system.
Some of them include the following:
- Mind: An increased Kapha of the mind is characterised by symptoms, such as a feeling of lethargy, drowsiness, and sluggishness, excessive sleep, feeling of depression and melancholy, laziness and brain fog. An accumulation of Kapha in the mind can lead to severe depression, withdrawal symptoms, diabetic coma and frequent loss of consciousness.
- Digestive tract: Kapha can wreak havoc on the digestive tract. Some early signs of Kapha accumulation in the digestive tract include a heavy feeling in the stomach, indigestion, excess salivation, poor appetite, nausea, slow metabolism etc. As a result of excess Kapha, the stool can be sticky, pale, heavy and oily. This can lead to diabetes and mucoid diarrhea. If not treated early excess Kapha can lead to hyperglycemia, anorexia nervosa, and blood in the stool.
- Kapha accumulation in skin, adipose tissue, muscles and circulatory system: An accumulation of Kapha in other parts of the body can lead to hypertension, itching, lipoma formation, cold sweat, swollen lymph, pallor, low strength of the body, itching etc. In the case of long standing Kapha accumulation some serious aggravation from the present condition can lead to obesity, thrombosis, leukaemia, malignant tumours, edema, high cholesterol, blood stagnation, hypertrophy, heart failure etc.
- Kapha in respiratory system: Kapha in the respiratory tract can lead to coughs, hay fever, sinuses, nasal crust, chest pain, runny nose, excess mucus and frequent cold. If the existing condition becomes serious and treatment is not done on time, some serious complications can lead to cystic fibrosis, sinus infections, excess phlegm in the throat, chronic sinus etc.
- Other parts of the body: If Kapha accumulates in other parts of the body it can lead to symptoms such as excess urination, low libido, premature ejaculation, heavy testicles, swelling of the joints, dental tartar, sex desire, fibrocystic lumps, goiter, enlarged spleen, gallstones, endometriosis, cystic ovary, lordosis, protruded eyes, heavy feeling of the eye, prostate enlargement, white urine, neurofibromas, hydrocephalus, gangrene , prolonged menstrual cycle osteoma, kyphosis, prostatic calculi, bone spurs etc.
- Food to avoid Kapha symptoms: Some foods that need to be avoided include carbonated drinks, oily food, chilled food, deep fried snacks, red meat, foods which are heavy to digest, milk especially buffalo milk, sweets, Ghee, fruits like Banana, Mango etc. excess salt and sour, all forms of alcohol except red wine, the latter can be consumed no more than once in a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Weather to have intercourse in pregnancy or not? And if not why so? And if yes then in which months can I have intercourse? Kindly guide.
My wife is 53 years. We use to have sex often But of late she does not seem to be interested Any particular reason?
Stress is very common now a day's and it is affecting all age groups - Be it school going children, young adults or working professionals. No one is immune to stress in the present fast and competitive world.
So, what is stress? Stress is the body's response to any kind of physical or emotional demand or threat. Body releases certain stress hormones under these pressure conditions. On long term basis , stress can lead to many chronic conditions affecting the heart and can cause mental disorders like depression, sleep disorders or affect the social well being also.
Women and Stress:
Women deal with stress differently than men. Women are generally soft, caring and gentle. They have to manage their personal and professional life and generally get less support at both fronts.They generally spend their life taking care of others and give least attention to their own needs( emotional and physical). As women progress through different life stages her emotional balance also changes affecting her emotionally making her vulnerable to stress and depression.
Ways to handle Stress:
Relax - don't take each and every situation seriously , take a deep breath, not all emergencies are a do or die situation.
Learn yoga, meditation or other relaxing techniques. Go for a massage , listen to music or talk to a good friend.
Make time for yourself - love yourself and take care or yourself and then you can love and care for others as well. Take out time to do things which you like.
Sleeping is a great way to help both your body and mind. Try to get atleast 8 hours of sleep.
Get a hobby and immerse yourself in doing something creative and constructive.
Do regular exercise- it is the best way to bust stress in a healthy way.
Make new friends or travel to new places. Explore the unknown and spend time with people.
Focus on one thing at a time.
How to manage stress:
Don't let stress make you sick . Often people are not aware of the stress levels and how they are affecting them. One should pay attention to themselves and focus on their emotional and physical needs. Take a break, go on holiday, eat what you like, go out with friends and relax. Live life, love yourself, listen to your body.
Side effects of Stress on Women:
Menstrual problems: Stress can cause delay in periods or sometimes short cycles.
Infertility : Stress can affect the hormonal levels leading to an ovulation and infertility.
Hair loss : Many women complain if losing hair and biting their nails in stress.
Eating disorders : Either women end up binging on healthy food items or completely refuse to eat anything. In stress the best is to out ant divert your attention to something constructive.
Skin ailments: Stress can lead to pimples, break outs and even itching and rashes.
Sleep disorders: Trouble in falling asleep is common in women under stress.
Heart disease: High blood pressure., stroke and heart attack are common ailments caused due to stress. This is because women take stress to heart and are more susceptible to go through heart disease due to stressful situations.
Depression : Women can go into a shell and suffer from acute depression. If you are getting self loathing or helpless thoughts, reach out to your loved ones and talk. If talking and reaching out also doesn't resolve the situation, consult a specialist. Medical expertise can ensure that stress doesn't affect your health.
Weight gain : Women stop going out, start eating unhealthily and restrict their interaction with people in depression and stress. The result is that they start to gain weight. It is best that you keep a check on the scales and opt for a strict diet.
Decreased libido: Stress affects the sex life the most. A decrease in libido can affect relationships and create distances. Talk to your partner and of needed opt for medical advice.