Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan JatharYour feedback matters!
My lens power is: please please right: +2. 5 cylindrical and +2. 0 spherical please please left: -0. 75 please what should I do to reduce the right eye power?
Hi Doctor, My 14 month baby is suffering with a stye on his eyelid. It's been 1 month, and it has not reduced. I have been applying the eyedrop as recommended by another doc. I am worried since its not going away. There is no redness in eye and baby is completely active. I am worried if it will effect his eyesight. I should have gone by now. Please suggest what we need to do in that case? Thank you in advance.
My father is 82yrs, he doesn't have any sign of diabetes but with blood test it's showing 236 without eating and 370 after food. He has to go for eye surgery. What to do?
Sir when people stand up then they feel black darkness or weakness in his eyes and mind. I want to know what is the main cause of is this.
I am 23 year male. I have been wearing spectacles from last 4 and hslf years. Recently I am facing little eye pain. What to do?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
I am 20 year old and have night blindness by birth and nystagmus. I want to know weather there is a treatment for these diseases are available in India.
Hello Doctor, I have Migraine head ache but in that I suffer dizziness a lot n my half legs are paining a lot cause of that I haven't been standing for half an continuously and always I feel dizziness, my eyes r also paining.
I read an article on internet reg effects of flash light on eyesight of a child below 4 years. It stated that the eyesight of the child has been completely lost because of the flash light. But, when I google some say it effects and some say it doesn't. I just want to know what is the fact.
My mother is 63 years old. She is suffering from tuberculosis meningitis since 1 year due to which my mother has got hearing and eyesight loss. Also hearing loss is increasing doctor has no clear confirmation when she gets well also medication is continuing. Kindly help. I have consulted neurologists but none of them are of any hopeful help. Can you please help or guide me where to find it.
I am suffering from severe headache from 2 days and from my eyes there is a continue watering will you please give me an advice.
I can not see without light in the night even I had done laser surgery one month ago. What did do now.
He has a problem with his eye. When work on computer his eyes get stressed very quickly and tear comes from eyes. What is the solution sir.
Any 1 doctor that improve my eye sight in just 1 month or 2 months I have 1 number 1 eye medicine or any exercise.
Haii I am nishanth from udupi. I had retina detachment it was operated last 3 year back so now my eye is not able to see nicely I need drop daily otherwise it will be blurred so please resolve my problem what cn I do.
For 2 days I have not slept properly and I'm not even felling hungry as well as tired but my eyes are watering so please tell me what to do.
After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times.
People tend to reduce blink rate while working on computer. This can lead to dry eyes. Try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
Exercise your eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple.
All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and role them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction