Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan D AnandYour feedback matters!
I have bad breath I did scaling polishing brush proper teeth and tongue also consult a doctor but not get rid from bad breath.
How to get rid of mouth ulcers permanently. Frequent mouth ulcers occur in my mouth at intervals of 2 to 3 weeks And they last for 15 days (approx) if medicine not taken Kindly tell the reason and also suggest possible remedy.
My mom has pain in both lower and upper jaw from month. We had basic blood test, ECG, Pap smear test but nothing there in report. My mom also had some acidity problem. Please can you tell me some treatment which I can go for.
Hi I am sudhakar 34 years old. My dental condition is not up to the mark. My tooth gums are very weak please can you tell me How to get teeth gums strong with naturally?
A friend told me that i have bad breath. I do brush in mrg. Then do mouth wash with water after every meal. Still I think I have bad breath. What should I Do?
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
Can the teeth made aligned without using clip? Would that depend on how complex aligned it is! Please advice Thanks, Nazeem.
Your dentist will give you instructions on what to do at home, before you leave the surgery, following an extraction. It is important that you closely follow any tooth extraction aftercare instructions that the dentist gives you.
The advice is aimed at reducing any problems that may occur after the treatment, i.E. Giving you the best chance of an uncomplicated recovery. Pain and bleeding are the two main possible problems which need to be controlled.