Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kedar SatheYour feedback matters!
As my daughter is 8 years old and she is very lean. Her HT is 4'2 or 3" wt is 19 KGS. Is it OK. If not please suggest me how can I increase her weight little so that she looks little chubby n good. She stops the food after 5 morsels if we compel she starts crying but is not ready to eat. So please help me.
My baby is 1 month and 15 days he is not able to pass stool from 5 days and feed milk properly but pass gas but not pass stool what will I do for him?
My son aged 13 years suffering from dry cough (whooping) from last 10 days. I was visited ENT doctor but till date not much benefited. Please help Regards.
My 14months daughter was born with low birth weight (1.75kgs). She doubled her birth weight by 5 months, but since then her weight has not increased much. Started solids after six months. Before that she was exclusively breastfed. She has got a mild pulmonary valvular stenosis but docs told it has got nothing to do with her weight gain. She is only 4kgs now. Twice during winter she has to be hospitalised with respiratory distress with upper respiratory tract infection (viral). Since than she was on nebulizer for 5 months. Done many blood tests there to find out the reason behind her poor growth as well but all test gave normal report. Only she has very high eosinophil level and high WBC count. Mentally she is alert and very active. Kindly advise what to do to improve her condition of FTT. Right now I am giving her high calorie foods like banana, sweet potato, egg yolks daily. She does not like milk at all. So I am making porridges n pudding with it and feeding her. Also she is suffering from chronic constipation since she started solids. From past two months she has to be given milk of magnesia twice daily.
My girl child is 6 years and 7 months old. Since yesterday afternoon, she is having fever, which is coming down on giving Calpol (Pediatric syrup), but after few hours it goes upto 102 C. We have been giving her oral fluids and she is resting at home. Is she now an adult and can we give paracetamol in tablet form?
Hello Doctors, My son is 04 years old, from some days he is suffering some pain on his genital section, on seeing the tip of his anus there is some allergy (diane) near about 01-02, what precautions do we take care of it ,or any medicines to apply. Please advice.
Sir, my son 3.5 years old. He s taking L hist mont 2.5 mg daily, instead of giving him that, I gave xyzal m 5 mg. Is there any emergency I rush to the hospital?
My son is 4 month, due to insufficient of feeding, I give lactogen powder in 2 time a day, but the problem is his stool is so hard and it take 2to 3 day. Another problem is he take her first to mouth many time.
Mere baby ke teeth aa rahe hai aur wo ab kuch bhi nahi khata. Milk bhi bahut kam peeta hai. Kya ye normal hai? Stomach bhi gadbad rehne laga hai. Mujhe kya karna chahiye?please help
My daughter is 4 years old. Daily she is vomiting at school. Morning she will have little bit of bournivita that's it. During snack break at school while having snack she will vomit daily. After having bournvita she will say feel like vomiting. Even I changed the drink to tea & other drinks also but same problem please suggest.
Hi. My baby is 1 month old. After 2 hour of the feeding he was expels some milk from nose as well as from mouth. After each feeding always I was keep him upward position on shoulder for burping. But also he is suffering from this problem. Is it create any compliance and why it is happening?
My son is 9 years old during night sleep he passes urine without his knowledge and everything gets wet. What shall I do to stop this. Is it weakness and if so what food or medicines should I recommend to my son.
My baby girl 3.3 years having cold nd fever from night. I gave her crocin syrup but still fever persist. please suggest sum medicine. She is 12. 5 kg.
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.