Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kedar MaratheYour feedback matters!
Hi . My marriage happened one year ago. But now I am thinking for a child but last month I did sex without condom but nothing happened. Is their any kind of problem. Please suggest me.
Hello Doctor. My mother have got a cyst in her adnexa in right ovary of 69*62 mm size. Her left ovary was removed around 12 years ago. Her urine reports are: Reaction- acidic Pus- 2 to 4 R.B.C- 0 to 1 Epithelial cells-5 to 10. She need any operation or this is normal please suggest.
Hi. I had sex after my ovulation period. I was on top position. My last date of period was 3rd May 2017. I didn't got my menses. Can my position on top and it was only intercourse can I get pregnant when can I test for pregnancy. Pls suggest as no symptoms of pregnancy is there but my period is skipped.
Hi. I had my first pregnancy USG yesterday. As per my calculation & as I have note down my last period date is 10th Dec, 2015. The fetus is 9 weeks. But yesterday during USG the doctor said that the fetus is near about 7 weeks now. & I have given wrong Last period date. But I can clearly remember that it was 10th December. So I am very much tensed about it. That is the fetus growth is not normal? But doctor said that the heart beat is ok of the fetus. Pls suggest.
1. It is rich in vitamin c content, a natural antioxidant.
2. Beneficial in gastritis, increases skin lustre, eyesight, decreases wrinkles, anti aging, reduces hairfall, beneficial in asthmatic and other allergic conditions, increases the immunity etc etc etc
Its an amla a day will keep the doctor away.
She has pain in left side in breast from last few months. Ultrasound report reveals about fibroadenosis. I want to know what is the best possible treatment and in which field i.e. Allopathy or homeopathy. Please suggest. Thanks.
I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). So my doubt is that will I be able to conceive? Can I have physical relationships with my husband? Kindly please give a correct answer.
I am 24 years old and I am 5 months pregnant. Please advise if I have sex during this time will it effect the brain of the child, please suggest me.
I rubbed my penis on her vagina we did not have sex I even did not ejaculate in her I'm just worried that would she be pregnant?
I am having cheese yellowish discharge with itching n folic Smell from last 3.5 yrs. Taken many medicines n tests done like urine culture, t sh, diabetes. All reports r nirmal. Still problem comes after 2 months of medications. Please suggest what I do now n what is the causes of this infection. How do I keep myself hygienic. I am 8 month pregnant n this is my first pregnancy.
The research shows that eating walnuts can positively affect various heart health markers for example consuming to walnuts can reduce total cholesterol raise hdl (good) cholesterol reduce inflammation and show marked improvement in arterial function. It also helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels in older adults and decrease the number and size of tumours in breast and prostate cancer in animal models.
Good morning, last month I got pregnancy, Every day I have fever and headache. Please give solution for above problem.
My girlfriend experienced lil blood every time we have sex. Her cycle is proper. Bt we r tensed with such experience. Is it normal?
After 28 days of intercourse I took a blood test beta HCG quantitative test which turned out to be 0.1 negative. After some time the next month she had her bleeding in the middle of her cycle for 5 days, then the 3rd month she again bleed for 5 days, it's been 13 weeks now and she had a vomitish feeling a couple of seconds yesterday. M really confused weather she z pregnant or not. She didn't show any symptoms of pregnancy.
My friend age is 43 and has strated menPause early age just fot married last year can she have a child
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.
The Power Of Passion
Passion is the energy that can fuel a project, or a task. It gives you the energy to jump out of bed every morning or go to bed late after you have worked out the last block that was stopping your passion from flowing. It has a similar role to inspiration. When we engage in something we are passionate about, we feel free from external and internal blocks and in control. Time recedes into the background, and we feel empowered to engage in flow.
Research has shown that passion has brought people back to life and start thriving again, making them more emotionally stable and a strong mental equilibrium. Abraham Maslow, a US psychologist said that without passion, nobody would reach their “self actualised” state.
Passion can make or break you. Passion can make you feel invigorated, committed, focussed, connected, courageous, creative, satisfied and productive. A man can be passionate about sports and take out time every week to indulge in his passion, while keeping his boss and family happy.
On the other hand, it can also ruin your life by being obsessed and possessed by the fire of passion. A workaholic, who doesn’t go back home till 2 am and reports to office again at 10 am, he who doesn’t see his children nor relaxes or does any physical activity is ensuring a quick burnout in the guise of following a passion. A harmful passion can be diagnosed easily by gauging whether it controls you or you feel in control of your life, which is about harmonious passion.
WHY YOU MUST NEVER GIVE UP YOUR PASSION
1. Helps you unwind and relax - Zafar liked to do puzzles, crosswords and Sudoku when he started his day. It freshened him up and his mind became sharper as he looked at various permutations and combinations for the words and numbers. Daily new neural pathways were getting stronger in his brain. This exercised his left brain adequately every day. He slept well. Do remember not to do such exercises before sleeping.
2. Expands your life - Some hobbies like travelling, cooking, collecting trivia has its own benefits. This involves physical activity and meeting up with other people. This helps a person to remain connected with society and keep active. Ram liked travelling so much that he gave up his job to become a globe trotter and tied up with a TV channel to commentate on tourist locations. He earns handsomely from his hobby. His self esteem has doubled since then.
3. Keeps your mind productively channelized - Nandini’s problem was that she didn’t have anything to do while the kids were away at school. She had started feeling depressed and got headache often. She knew that she connected well with the children in the neighbourhood and had a flair for painting. She started teaching them painting in the evenings. Soon she became very busy and had no time to get bored. She not only made new friends, she also earned the respect and awe of her community. She feels energised, happy and motivated to work while looking forward to life.
4. Success at work - Often passion has been linked to success at work. It is seen that people who are passionate, committed and hardworking often excel in their work as they have a goal to achieve. They look forward to their day and any hurdles or failures don’t deter them from trying again. Neela was always passionate about becoming an IT professional. She had grown up playing with computers. Despite her family not agreeing with her choice of profession, she went ahead and burnt the midnight oil to score high in school and college. She got picked up in campus placements and today she holds a coveted position in the company. She has motivated many girls from her conservative community to study and get work.
5. Keep away illness - Having a hobby or working passionately has its own share of health benefits. People have reported higher physical and emotional immunity. They had deep and strong bonding with their community. They didn’t suffer from insomnia, depression, dementia and anxiety and hope was alive in them till the end. They knew that success and failure are two sides of the same coin.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.