Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita TamaskarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, My age 22 years old my wife 21 years old my wife is having pcod. When we are having intercourse sperm is coming fastly and mood out by for my wife ejaculation is not coming from 6months before she used to get and we both were satisfied now I am not able to satisfy. From 2 days she is getting pain n we had gap for 15 days. Any solution for my problem please help us. We both should be happy.
I have been tested as Positive for HSV. And got a genital herpes a few days ago. Doctor has prescribed medicine and advised me too have that again if same occurs again. As for now I am okay. I am going to marry soon, can not I able to have unprotected sex in my life? How it can be cured? How can I get my kids if I can not have sex.
From my left breast nipple sticky discharge leaking its very sticky, without pressing it comes automatically when I feel wet I coming to know the nipple discharge and me having left hip join pain severely.
I am a house wife I am pregnant after 2 years but 2014 I have operated of sist and fibroids my pregnancy started in january 26 2016 so what precautions I have to taken can you please tell me doctor.
Hello Doctor I have a ques. I do not wanna any baby now. I think she got pregnant because her period not come on time. Her last period came on 2nd feb and finished on 6th feb and be both sex with each other on 7th feb. After that her period not comes till now. I gave her a kit to remove pregnancy but it not work. What can I do I can't understand. please suggest me with your best advice and treatment. Is any treatment is available with any contraceptives. please suggest me.
I am 39 years old, I had 2 Cesarean as I have a cyst in my right ovary & at the time of my periods it is very painful. How & why does this cyst occurs & if there cyst can we become pregnant.
Vaginal bleeding is something that most women experience between their periods when they are not due for a menstrual cycle. It is considered as an abnormal occurrence when you bleed before you are expecting your menstrual period, or after you are done with your monthly cycle. It is usually characterised by bouts of spotting where a thick brown reddish discharge may be experienced. Also, this kind of bleeding is considered abnormal if it occurs during pregnancy or menopause.
Here are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- Hormones: An imbalance in the hormones like the estrogen and progesterone can lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. These are the hormones that help in regulation of the monthly menstrual cycles. An imbalance can occur due to side effects caused by birth control pills that may not suit the individual, a contraceptive patch, or even contraceptive implants and injections. Further, an intrauterine device may also be the cause for this kind of bleeding. The hormonal balance can also get affected due to internal ailments like a dysfunctional thyroid gland and ovaries.
- Pregnancy and Delivery: Some amount of spotting is considered normal in the first trimester of one's pregnancy. Yet, severe bleeding and persistent spotting must be reported to the gynaecologist immediately. Women also bleed for a while after the delivery of the baby, in the postpartum period. This may also happen when an abortion takes place as the uterus may not have come back to its original size and due to remaining foetal tissues within. Complications during the pregnancy like an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage can also lead to such kind of bleeding. An ectopic pregnancy is one where the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tube instead of entering and implanting itself in the uterus.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are usually considered as non-malignant and non-cancerous growths within the uterus. These are common in many women who have gone through childbirth. These fibroids can also cause some amount of bleeding and spotting.
- Infections: When there is an infection in the reproductive organs like the ovaries and uterus of the patient, there may be some amount of bleeding. An infection in this area can also cause inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of abnormal bleeding. This can also occur due to a sexually transmitted disease or STD, as well as painful intercourse and sexual abuse which can lead to scarring as well.
- Cancer: One of the least common causes includes cervical, ovarian and other forms of cancer.
Stress and diabetes can also cause abnormal vaginal bleeding in rare cases. It is best to see a doctor as soon as such bleeding takes place.
I am 24 years old female, I delivered a baby girl 10 months ago, the delivery was scissor. Now I feel waist and back pain so much. What shall I do now? Will any exercise help me out of this?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!