Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita PrajapatYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I go to gym daily and workout, my trainer suggested me to take folic acid capsule as I have weak lower back. I just wanted to consult you regarding this. Thank you.
I have back pain as I had an accident 3 years ago if I do carry any weight I will get severe back pain what should I do?
Most of us are used to sitting throughout the day, willingly or unwillingly due to work or otherwise. We spend more hours sitting, and most of our work is done in this position. The downsides of this are many, one of them being a stiff back which not only causes a lot of pain but also initiates many other health problems.
Train yourselves on these highly effective exercises which minimise the pain and keep your muscles active.
1. Back press: put towel on your back and press the towel with the back. Hold that position for 10 sec. Repeat 10 times. Do not hold your breath while applying pressure at the back.
2. Bridges: lie on the floor, bend your knees and secure your feet on the ground. Raise your hips upwards so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Release and go back to previous position.
3. Knee to chest exercise: just lie down on an exercise mat, bend your one knee while lying and try to touch that knee to the stomach. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat this with the other leg. Alternate the legs each time.
4. Bilateral knee to chest: bend both the knees while lying on bed. With support of your hands try bringing both bent knees to touch the stomach. Hold that position for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
5. Static abdominal exercise: lying on your back, try to contract your stomach without holding your breath. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise for 7 or 10 times.
6. Knee to opposite chest: lying on your back, bend your knees. Try bringing one knee to opposite side of the chest and hold that position for 7 sec. Do this for 7 times and repeat the same for the other leg too.
7: leg swings: these are easy and fun. Stand by the wall, hold on to a rod or something similar to keep balance. Now with the leg that is not towards the wall, swing. Swing your leg from front to back, left to right. Do not be too quick, do this at a mediocre pace. Repeat with the other leg.
8: static glutei: lying on the stomach, squeeze your buttock and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
1. Avoid bending instantly after or during the exercises. Incase you have to bend, first bend your knee then bend your back to pick up anything from ground.
2. While getting up from bed first turn to one side while lying, sideways then get up from bed slowly.
3. Apply hot pack in back whenever there is pain.
4. Try to sleep in hard part of mattress not in soft mattress.
Hi dear Sir mAdam I am suffering from backpain since six months as I contact local physician and given pain killer tab but no use what should I do please assist me.
Hi, I have some aching in my left leg side. I have use many cream and tablets but no result. please tell me something.
Hello sir this is varun from kakinada and im suffering from stomach pain since last one year and im trying to use ayurveda medicine but did not work when I started some small exercises I got back pains and what should I do. Tell me particular using what medicine I should use what treatment take tell me please help me sir I can expect most answers of them.
Actually sir, I have a major problem in my leg*! I had multi operation iny leg because of I fell down from 4 floor so what should I do? I cannot walk properly! and there is so much of swelling in my leg.
My operation is done before 30 days ago. My external wound is Wilt. I have dout. Is my internal wound wilt? I have surgery for exotosis in knee that over growth or swelling of bone cartilage. Can l play some sports such as cricket?
I am 26 years. Due to heavy running my back muscle tightness came. I feel medius muscle got tightness. I feel dip at that spot like spasm where mediums minimus is present I'm suffering from last 3 months. Can I be alright, please help me. What I must do.
I am 19 years old male water in the knee & swelling for last one week leg not getting bend. Please help.
I just fell yesterday from my activa and I got hurt in my leg its paining too much what should I do now?
Hello doctor my mother is suffering from lots of problem though she is a thyroid patient and recently she did checkup and found some problem like increase cholesterol level vitamin b12 increases iron is low backache problem. So please tell me the remedy to get rid from these problems. Please doctor I want my mother will be fit. Please help me doctor.
Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. Inflammation around the shoulder increases the inability to move or stretch properly. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.
Some of the causes and risk factors for creating a frozen shoulder are as follows:
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others
- Recovering from a damage or surgery
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder
- Cervical disc infection that influences the nerves around the shoulder
- Not moving your arm because of other pain or wounds
- Having a previous medical condition like diabetes or other heart diseases
- Open-heart surgery or spinal surgeries
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle
The most widely recognized symptoms of a frozen shoulder include:
- Stiffness around the shoulder usually happens in one shoulder at a time (not both) and will probably return in the same shoulder. Muscle, joint and bone agony in and around the shoulders or arms may be experienced.
- Restricted scope of movement
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily, (for example, experiencing difficulty in getting dressed, driving, holding objects before you, and gestures.)
- Stretch the Shoulder: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises. This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
- Non-intrusive treatment: While these activities mentioned above can be easily performed at home, if pain continues and makes it difficult to move around or work ordinarily, see a physiotherapist who can appoint particular activities and can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is considered one of the best treatment choices for any joint and nerve related problem. The treatment is based on focusing on the trigger points of the pain and putting pressure on them via needles. The treatment is not painful and is known to produce good results in the long run.
- Dietary Supplements: Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfalfa (horse feed) and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder.