Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita KrishnaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from knee problem at last 2 month and can't do any work e.g running, walking give a any solution.
Hi doctor, On 2015 aug I had a ACL surgery. Post surgery 3 months I did some moments as per physiotherapy suggestions, after that I don't have enough time for physical exercise. But Now I am feeling some type of sound while folding the leg, is MRI scan required to know the problem.
I am sufferings from insomnia from 25 years. Very dispersed. Cannot sleep at night. Natural sleep is not possible for me. It affected my all life functions. Help for natural sleep. Thanks.
I am a 63 year old man. I had brain hemorrhage 6 years back. I had been taking blood thinner and anti cholesterol medicines. Now I have developed pain in my knees especially in the right knee. What is the cause of the pain and what is the solution.
Sir I am suffering from a continuous knee pain but my age only 20 yet So please Give me some advice.
Can ayurveda help me cure insomnia which I have been experiencing for past 4 months regularly and infrequently for many years?
मेरी मम्मी को 6 - 7 दिन से उसके पैर मे बहुत दर्द रहता है। घुटने से कुल्हे तक दाएं पैर में हो रहा है क्या करे
I am 50 year old both my knees have started paining suddenly what should i do I am a thyroid patient
I am 45 years female and suffering from knee joint pain from last 2 years. How can I get rid from the pain.
I am 18 years old. I am having constant pain at my knee joints. Also I feel a little dizzy while being out in sun for even a little time.
Sir, someone hitted me with iron rod on thighs, legs and on foot. In x-rays there is nothing but there is swelling on thighs and on leg too. So, what should I do now. I have to run in physical test on 21 april. Please help me
Hello doctor, I have a friend (23 yr). She have bipolar 2, fibromyalgia & small cerebellum. Very recently her father got to know that in checkup, because of her frequent head spins. Like once in a month. I am very much worried about her. The hospital admitted her with other half-mad type patients. Don't know what's the meaning of admitting her with them. Can you kindly tell me she will live by operation in any good hospital ? If not, is there any way she will be alright? Also I forgot to mention that, in her childhood she took (her parents actually) 100 power dose of capsules because of serious typhoid. That's why is still kind of healthy. Please suggest me how to give her good treatment and she will live normally ?
I am 56 years old my problem is knee pain both legs bottom swelling on evening not possible to stand from sitting positition without hand support
Recently I came across a site Regenexx ortho sport amazing to read they r offering no surgery even in case of acl n meniscus tear just 3 injection shots which is combn of patient hip bone marrow partial n platelets they just shot into patient knee joint n charging nearly 2 lakkhs per knee while arthroscopic surgeons charging 80 k to 1 lakh for meniscus surgery n further 50k to 70k for acl repair including months of pain n rehab process is the former claim for injection treatment is genuine or not I met several orthopedics who r offering surgery but any treatment as Regenexx claiming please Doctors clear my doubt.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.
Is there any permanent solution for insomnia as I am suffering from sleeplessness for the last 2 years.
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.