Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Arthritis is a type of pain in your bones and joints. It is mostly caused over the age when your joints and bones start to grow weaker. In some cases, it is likely to happen earlier as well. However, there are certain ways with which you can cure the arthritis pain.
There are some exercises that can help you reduce the pain and improve your range of motion. Before you start up with your exercise, soak your hands in a warm bowl of water as it reduces the amount of stress in the joints. Here are a few exercises:
- Make a fist: Making a fist with your fingers can help you improve the stretching capacity and flexibility of your bones. Try to stretch till the point where you start to feel the tightness. You will not feel any kind of pain. However, your goal is to get rid of the tightness step-by-step. Remember to wrap your thumb around the fingers as you do so.
- Stretch your fingers: You need to try this stretch in order to improve the movement and the range in which your fingers move. Place your hand on a flat surface with your palm down. Now straighten your fingers as far and as flat as you can without putting any force on your joints to do so. Repeat this procedure 10 to 15 times in two sets.
- Claw stretch: Hold out your hand in front of yourself with the palm facing you and bend the tips of your fingers down so that they touch the base of each finger joint. Your hand should be looking like a claw while you do this exercise.
- Strengthen the grip: This exercise makes it easier for you to open bottles, doorknobs and hold things properly without being afraid of dropping them. Take your palm and make a soft fist then squeeze it as hard as possible. Now hold it for a few seconds and release.
- Strengthen the pinch: This exercise makes your finger muscles stronger. It can help you in your daily chores like opening food packets and turning the keys. All you need to do is try and pinch a soft ball made of foam with the tip of your fingers. Now hold this position for about 30 to 60 seconds and then let go. Repeat this five to six times.
- Finger lift: This helps increase the flexibility in your fingers. Place your hand flat on a table and then lift one finger at a time. Repeat this 10 times.
- Thumb extension: Strengthening thumb muscles helps you lift heavy things. Wrap a rubber band around at the base of your finger joints and place it flat on a table. Now gently try to pull your thumb away from the rest of the fingers.
- Flex your thumb: Place your palm up with the hand in front of you. Stretch the thumb away from the rest of the hand. Then bend it across the palm so that it touches the base of your little finger. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
I have accident some days before due to that my knee is hurted and im not able to. Fold my knee when I fold my leg I m. Causing too much pain since I do. An xray and from that we conclude. That. Its not. A fracture of. Knee. Can I prefer knee band and what. Is the solution of. This?
I have knee pain but it is very low and but sometime I feel pain in my pelvic joint and thigh. Knee pain come for few sec and goes but I feel my leg heavy than other and also my thigh is little fatter than other. So what is that pain and can it gone after sometime.
I am female 34 years old my left side legs knee is paining When I sit down and folding my legs it's very difficult to get up its so paining special down side of my knee m nt able to strait my legs.
I have knee pain for some days and I can not walk fast these days what should I do? Which exercises will better for me? Which food will I have?
I have problem in my knees, they strike sometime when I running. I try many tricks but got nothing in result.
Hi Now a days I get pain from below my knee during night when I go to bed because of this my sleep is disturbed Any idea what can be the reason for this.
I am. 50 year old there is much pain in my waist and knees and also I feel pain when I bend my legs and there is very much pain when I rest aur stand or sit for long time I have taken many medicines but nothing worked.
I feel tired while doing exercise. Knee pain is common when I walk briskly or play something. Wt should I have in my diet. I have 11hb level in my blood. Please suggest properly I'm depressed.Please tell.
My mother is suffering from knee pain she is using medication but still suffering can you please suggest me.
My son is 14 years old and suffering from rheumatic arthritis for last one and half years. His doctor has prescribed sazo-1000mg twice in a day and pantacid-40 once in a day. Are these the right medicines for him? as a father, I am very worried about the side-effects of these medicines. Please suggest.
Meri mother ke both legs me sujan rahti h. Doctors ko batane par abhi tak unhone kuch nahi batate.Kon-konse test karbaye 2-3 sal se aisa h.Unme chatk-chatak rahti h.
My facing plantar faclaites problem. My age 27 weight 85 height 6.1 please solve my problem knee pain of plantar faclaites.
Inflammatory, chronic and systemic ailments can cause joint or connective tissue damage throughout the body along with fever, rash, hepato-spleenomegaly and arthritis in children. Juvenile arthritis is a persistent inflammatory disease that stays for at least 6 weeks and starts at an early age of less than 16 years with no particular cause detected for the same. This is more commonly found in among girls and is associated with physical as well as emotional stress and triggers any or a combination of symptoms such as irritability, listlessness, discomfort in walking, loss of weight without any apparent reason, loss of appetite, fever, swelling and pain in joint regions. In case your child is suffering from these problems, homeopathy can be of good help.
Homeopathy treats a patient as a whole along with his or her pathological conditions. The homeopathic medicines are prescribed after a complete evaluation and case-analysis of an individual that includes the clinical history of the child, physical as well as mental constitution. Some of the most commonly opted homeopathic medicines for treating juvenile arthritis are-
- Abrotanum: If your child is having trouble in moving causing marasmus of lower parts along with lameness and soreness, which is worse in the morning then this medicine, can help him or her. It is also effective in curing marasmus in children with remarkable emaciation, particularly of the leg where the skin is flabby and swung loose in multiple folds. Sometimes these symptoms are also added with constipation and diarrhoea where this medicine can be opted for.
- Aconite: In case the arthritis is causing drawing and tearing pains along the limbs with violent and acute pulling in the joint regions and bones, then Aconite can help. This medicine is normally recommended for acute arthritis in young people who lead a sedentary life with plethoric habit.
- Apis: When the juvenile arthritis causes swelling in the knee area with stringing soring pain then Apis can mitigate the pain. The pain can spread in the back portion and limbs with tired, bruised feeling and numbness in hands and finger tips. Sometimes hives are also formed with oedematous swellings along with intolerable itching as a symptom of juvenile arthritis. Apis is prescribed in all such cases.
If your child is suffering from this painful discomfort, then you must take him or her to a certified homeopathic doctor instead of administering the medicine without professional advice. With persistent treatment, your child will be able to lead a normal, healthy life like his or her peers and be completely relieved from the suffering.