Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavita Dhavalikar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita DhavalikarYour feedback matters!
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is referred to as a condition that leads to an imbalance in the hormonal levels of women between the ages of 18 to 44. Women suffering from the syndrome develop small cysts in the ovaries. These cysts might disrupt the normal functions of the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalances. If you suffer from PCOS, the secretion of the male hormone androgen (which is present in a small amount in every female) increases abnormally, thereby causing a significant disruption of the ovulation process and the menstruation cycles.
Women suffering from obesity or who have a past history of PCOS in their families are at a higher risk of suffering from the syndrome.
The symptoms that one might experience along with syndrome are as follows:
Appearances of acne along with the development of excess body and facial hair.
Irregular or no periods.
Intense pain in the pelvic area and severe depression.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect.Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups. Some of the most beneficial homeopathic remedies for PCOS are:
Sepia – Useful for the symptoms of severe pain in the lower back and abdominal areas along with abnormal menstrual periods.
Apis Mellifica –This homeopathic preparation is effective in relieving the symptoms of severe pain in the ovarian regions along with tenderness in the abdominal and uterine areas caused by PCOS.
Pulsatilla – This medication is very effective in treating symptoms of PCOS such as late and minimal menstrual periods along with rapid mood swings, irritation and a decreased sensation of thirst.
Sulphur – This homeopathic preparation is very useful if there is a presence of severely itchy and painful acne along with other skin related symptoms of PCOS.
Natrum Muriaticum – This homeopathic preparation is useful if you experience significant problems with conception along with irregularity in menstrual cycles, along with an excessive craving for salt in the regular diet, unwillingness towards sunlight exposure, and intense episodes of crying and uncharacteristic shyness.
Graphites – If you are of a stout build or are overweight and regularly suffer from constipation along with PCOS, graphites are one of the best homeopathic medications to relieve symptoms and treat this condition.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for PCOS. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Hypothyroidism is a condition called deficiency of thyroid hormone. The main duty of thyroid hormone is to maintain the metabolism of the body. Hence, the person affected by it will experience slow metabolism. Hypo means underactive, which means the lack of thyroid hormones in the body.
Types of Hypothyroidism
This happens when the functioning thyroid gland fail to produce T3 and T4. As a result, pituitary gland releases Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This helps in producing T3 and T4 hormones. This cause is termed as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
- Primary Hypothyroidism is the deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate production.
- Secondary Hypothyroidism is deficiency of thyroid hormones due to inadequate stimulation of the thyroid gland through pituitary gland.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
- Deficiency of Iron
- Viral infections or other respiratory disorders
- Certain medicines such as lithium that is used to treat psychiatric
- Radiation therapy for some cancers
- Treating hyperthyroidism with anti-thyroid medicine
- An underactive thyroid gland by birth
- The hypothyroidism during pregnancy.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Weight gain
- Dry, rough pale skin
- Coarse, dry hair
- Hair loss
- Muscle cramps and muscle aches
- Cold intolerance
- Memory loss
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Decreased libido
Homeopathy Treatment for Hypothyroidism
Homeopathy medicines are always known for treating the disease permanently and same way the medicine performs here too. The disease could be treated through different medicines in homeopathy. Choosing or prescribing the right medicine depends on the cause of the disease and its effect.
Here is the list of homeopathy medicines that helps in eradicating the effectiveness of the disease completely.
- Calcarea Carbonica
- Sepia Officinalis
- Lycopodium Clavatum
- Nux Vomica
- Iodum treats hypothyroidism. The person is emaciated
- Thymusinum - treatment of stunted conditions in children
- Bromum treats goiter
- Lapis albus treats hyperthyroidism and goiter
- Natrum muriaticum treats an under active gland
However, these are just the names of the medicines, which should not be taken without prior approval from a homeopathy doctor, as the dosage and frequency of the medicine will be decided by the doctor based on the patient's condition and symptoms.
Severe to moderate pain in the rectum during and after bowel movements is an indication of anal fissure. If it is accompanied by bright red stool and an itching sensation around the anus, it is more likely to be fissure than anything else. Fissure is usually treated with sits bath and enhanced intake of fibrous food. If that does not heal the problem, the doctor may go for a surgery. However, surgical intervention of fissures is not always a permanent solution. For permanent solution, patients are now turning to homeopathy. Yes, homeopathy can address the problem at its root and gift you a permanent cure.
What Need to Know About Fissure?
● The problem mostly precipitates due to inflammation and dryness of the mucosal end of the anorectal area.
● Straining during bowel movements and passing hard stools strain the anal mucosa. That is likely to result in fissure.
● People suffering from chronic diarrhoea are also likely to suffer from this problem.
● People suffering from some kind of inflammation of the anal area due to diseases like Crohn's disease or some kind of inflammatory bowel disease may also suffer from fissure.
● The patient may feel a lump in the area surrounding the anus.
● He or she may also experience spasms at the end of the rectum.
● Even infants may suffer from this problem.
● Many women suffer from fissure after childbirth.
Homeopathic Treatment of Fissure
● Homeopathy is known to address diseases to their roots.
● In case of fissure, homeopathic medicine can address the problem by preventing and treating dryness and inflammation of the palpable mucosal area around the anus. If this area is moist, it can stretch better in response to straining during bowel movements and thereby prevent tearing.
● Since constipation is one of the main causes of fissure, homeopathic doctors may prescribe medicines for preventing constipation too.
● However, homeopathic medicine is not a one-size-fits-all remedy. The medicine depends on the constitution of body. The doctor may try to judge body constitution of the patient by asking him questions about sleep pattern, food habit, emotional state, working schedule, etc. The doctor needs to take all these into consideration to prescribe the most appropriate medicine.
● A homoeopathic doctor first gets a conventional diagnosis. If fissure is confirmed in the diagnosis, the doctor may launch an all out attack on the problem so that the problem can be nipped in the bud.
Anal fissure is a painful condition that is mostly precipitated by straining during bowel movements and passing hard stools. Homeopathy can offer permanent solution to this problem by preventing constipation on one hand and preventing as well as treating inflammation and dryness of the anal mucosa on the other hand.