Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kashyap Madhuri AnuraoYour feedback matters!
PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. With vast lifestyle changes, today’s young generation is affected by this condition more often. A hormonal disorder, PCOS, causes the enlargement of the ovaries with small cysts on the outer edge. More than 10 million cases of PCOS are treated by the doctor per year. PCOS requires a medical professional to diagnose the condition. Most cases are treated successfully, however, it can be chronic sometimes and last lifelong.
The Causes of PCOS -
The causes of PCOS are not fully known yet but genetics might be a factor. If someone in the family has had PCOS, or has irregular periods or diabetes, then the chances of you having PCOS are likely higher. However, you can still be affected by PCOS even if no one in your family has it. The hormones in PCOS normally gets out of balance and triggers more hormonal change thereafter.
The symptoms of PCOS -
The symptoms might seem to appear a lot later or early, it depends. The most common PCOS symptoms are:
- Acne is one of the most frequent symptoms of the disease. The hormonal change causes the acnes to appear.
- Weight gain is another symptom of it, the people affected by PCOS even finds it hard to lose the weight.
- The growth of extra facial, and body hair. Women often notice the growth of hair on the body parts like face, belly, back when affected by PCOS.
- The scalp hair starts to fall. Though hair on the other body part may grow, hair fall occurs near about the scalp area.
- Irregular periods is one the major and most prominent symptom of PCOS. Some women have no periods at all while others have heavy bleeding often.
- Infertility is another symptom of the disease.
The Treatment and Diagnosis of PCOS –
A number of lab tests are done to ensure the blood sugar level and other hormonal levels. The treatment of PCOS begins a home by eating healthy, exercising and by controlling weight. Walking is a great exercise that can prove to be really helpful in ruling out PCOS. Eating food that includes a lot of fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains cure PCOS. People who smoke should immediately quit smoking, as it triggers the chances of having PCOS. One should never opt for any medicines without the consultation of a professional medical expert as it might turn out disastrous later and have fatal effects. There has been advanced diagnostics available for the treatment of PCOS now, and it is curable. PCOS, a commonly dealt complication by teenagers and young population should be detected early for a better treatment.
2. The best time to eat fruits is morning, the first thing in the morning, in fact
3. Don't ever go on extreme diets, and do not compromise on exercise
4. Be aware of your over eating threshold. Eat slowly and mind fully and your body will mark your threshold
5. Drink water as you start your meal, eat with your hands and chew slowly
Hi, I'm a mother of 3 months old baby girl. I would like to know which fruits am I supposed to eat and avoid as I'm breastfeeding my baby.
My age is 29 years and my wife age is 27 yrs. But she is losing her sexual attraction as she always complains that she is tired. Due to this I am frustrated. Suggest on this.
Which are the best days and time for the sexual intercourse with spouse in a month such that pregnancy should be avoided?
I am 18 weeks pregnant now pls tell me when I done colour ultrasound and when I feel movement of baby.
A girl doing sex with proper contraceptive. Period of girl delay. Can period delay due to first time sex. If period delay? How many days delay?
On the auspicious occasion of makar sankranti I wish all the users a very happy sankranti. With the occasion one food product is associated and that is til (or sesame seeds). Here are some benefits of sesame seeds
1) It acts as antioxidant and has anti inflammatory response.
2) It is rich in magnesium hence good in respiratory ailments
3) It is rich in calcium and hence good for bone health
4) It cut down the bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
5) It lowers the bp hence good for patients of hypertension.
6) It support healthy digestive system.
7) It is rich in protein and hence must item for all vegetarians.
Hope you all have wonderful healthy year ahead.
Stay healthy stay updated
Dr. Rama Bhardwaj