Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karmarkar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. KarmarkarYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my back and neck over a week. And suffering from loose motion what can I do please give me appropriate solution according to my age.
A very common question we face at our centre is, “Will I be able to resume weight training ever?” Justifiable apprehension as the last thing they (and we) want is a relapse.
The following are some precautions which can allow one to exercise safely post severe backache.
1) Doctor: Consult a medical doctor / orthopaedic surgeon before commencing your exercise programme.
2) Physiotherapist: Sit down for a detailed counselling and understanding of the problem with your Gym – Physio and set goals accordingly.
3) Start slow: Gradual loading is the key to a successful exercise programme.
4) Rehabilitative exercises first: Your trainer is advised to integrate rehabilitative exercises in your programme at the offset.
5) Begin with stabilization exercises: At Inch By Inch – The Body Temple, we have a specialized programme called the “Rebalance” programme which is a strategically modified core programme that ensures low back safety.
6) Train accessory muscles unrelated to the back: Although all the muscles of the body are affected with backache, post rehabilitation weight training for accessory muscles such as biceps, triceps etc can be commenced safely while ensuring position providing sufficient back rest during all exercises.
7) Ensure good form: Good form is crucial for all individuals with or without back pain. With previous episode of low backache, this becomes even more crucial.
8) Listen to your body: Respect the signs your body delivers to you. If you wake up in the morning with increased uneasiness, local muscle fatigue or slight pain, take the day off! But do not make it a habit!
In the mid of gym .I have a little pain in my left shoulder. Specially when my chest workout is going on.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
- Ligament injuries: The ligaments are what connect your thigh bone to your lower leg bones. They hold your bones together and keep the knee stable. Knee ligament sprains and tears are very common sports injuries, and can occur to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and medial collateral ligament (MCL). Any of these injuries can result in severe knee pain and could require surgery.
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!