Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Me and my wife are expecting and she is currently in her 37th week. The doctor is out of town for 3 days in her 38th week. She gave us two options, one to have a backup doctor recommended by her. Another is an induced labor in the beginning of 38th week. Baby's weight is approx 2.5kg +/- 0.3kg. Adequate liquor is available. And baby is not in breech position. Head is tilted. We are worried if induced labor fails, she will be forced to go through a c section. What are the chances induced labor will fail? should we wait till she gets labor pains?
I'm 19 years old I'm suffering with date problems monthly twice I'm getting a date and I have a blood percentage less please can you solve my problem and give me a suggestion.
Before 3 days I got married. I could not enter my penis to her vagina . Please give me some advise. How can reduce pain. Suggest some lubrication.
Do you need to serum beta hcg test if you got your withdrawal bleed previous month on the pills and then you do not have any intercourse after that bleed? Withdrawal bleed was normal previous month. Not taking pills this month. Due date 1st sept till not occurred. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Dear Doctor, I am 52 years old, and my wife age is 53, and she is little fat and more weight also. She was demanding me to lick her pussy more than one hour and I am tired also. Some times I ate her juicy unofficially , Is there any injure to me, please advice me.
Can not penetrate my wife. She feels heavy pain while 10% is inserted. Do not know how the remaining 90& will go inside. Is it because of virginity layer? Hole seems to be too small.
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUd has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone: Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Doctor suggested to have AMH, Rubella and Progesterone tests as I had pcod. Could you please tell me what are the normal results.
What type of diet should be taken in second trimester of pregnancy. Can we take heavy fat diet. And what type of exercise require.
I am suffering from pcod. Now I am on my periods second time same month and there is no bleeding only clots types which is brown is coming out what should I do now? in tge sense should I continue with the tablets?
I am 29 years old. Married since 7 years and trying to conceive, I am overweight for long time and unable to reduce much. Let me know if I've or iui is successful for obese.
Hello doctor Can I do complicated yoga poses like kobra pose, bow pose, child pose, noka aasan, and any kegel exercise during periods.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.