Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil S BorawakeYour feedback matters!
My head itches very much whenever I sweat. Aur kabhi kabhi mere head pe daane ho jaata hai aur uspe phir khujli aati hai. Aur pehle mere head mein dandruff bhi bohot jyada tha. I am hypothyroid patient also. Age-18, male.
My friend got sugar tested this year it was 111/141. Again after 1 week he got checked it is 82/101 and same period hba1c 6.4 one doctor told him he is diabetic and should start janumet medicine once in a day. And when he took second opinion other doctor told he is normal and do not need any medication only exercise. Pls suggest me should he start medicine for this report.
I am diabetic but only one time it detected before a year and it was 375 in fasting at that time. I took medicine for some time and after that I tested myself many times but report was clear. It was 80 to 90 never more than that what could be the reason and should I consider myself diabetic or I am a normal person?
Hi Diabetic for 28 years. On insulin mor. 30 units eve. 25units. What. 115 kgs age 67. In spite of taking care glucose level is uncontrolled. Please help.
Hi, I am diabetic patients last 2 years age 36, Sugar level is fasting 125 and after meal 205, but thing is, done the Hba1ac test, HbA1c. 4.7. Past 3 month sugar Normal, Cholesterol levels is, HDL 26, LDL 49, Triglyceride 800, TC/HDL 6.7,VLDL 160, can you suggest me what should do I now,
I am 35 years old I am 90 kgs with height 5" 7, my father is having diabetes from past 18 years my mother is from last 3 years so far I am not diabetic wt precautions should I need to take wt tests should I under go.
What is symptoms of diabetes? How I recover from type 1 diabetes? What is difference between human actrapid and human insucare medicine?
I have thyroid. I m using 37 dose a day (1 day 25 mg and 2 day 50 mg) before 10 months I had cesarean. That time my thyroid was normal. Should I check again? Is homeopathic is better than alopathic?
I'm diabetic from past 4 years, Taking medication prescribed by Doctor, but from past 5-6 months stopped taking regular medicines, not taken any precautions for diet control also, Currently having high sugar levels and high cholesterol levels, according to current test reports, situation is worse, Also found Deficiency of Vitamin D.
I am suffering from thyroid. I'm using thyronorm 100 mg. Now im getting stomach ache. No hunger for 20 days. Some one said these are symptoms of amebiasis. How can I get relief from this disease. No free motion also. White discharge also.
I m a type 2 diabetic since 2006 now I am 41 years old. I take precheck m1 tablet since 2006. I hve bp also and took olmesar 40. Is there any side effect for taking medicine. I m also a regular drunker. Can I drink while taking medicine ?
My weight is 55 kg and I have a diabetes and I want to gain weight by doing gym. Is it safe in diabetes to do gym. And gain weight.
Hallow Dr. I am 50 years male having diabetes thyroid, cholesterol, recently I am facing sever cough my blood reports are ESR: 32 mm, eosinophil 09%, AEC740 cells/cumm, I am using medicine for diabetes, thyroid, cholesterol and they are normal, now I am very tired to-do walk, work so please suggest some ayurveda medicine for me thank you.
My mother is 56 years old. She is a diabetic for the past 15 years. She now takes the following tablets: glucoryl, Cildip 10, Telma 80 h, ziten. She also has high blood pressure. Off late she has loose motion, a common side effect of voglibose in glucoryl it seems. Any advice on how to counter that without the use of insulin?
How to control diabetes? I am 44 years old from india. How to control diabetes? I am right now using GLYNASE ME tablets. My Eye sight also started degrading. Pl suggest.
MY WIFE HAS SUGAR PROBLEM. BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL IS AROUND 350 AND IT DOES NOT COME DOWN EVEN AFTER MEDICATION. IS TAKING INSULIN INJECTIONS ADVISEABLE. AS I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ONCE YOU START TAKING INSULIN IT IS DIFFICULT TO STOP IT. AND IT PERMANENTLY DISABLES THE ORGAN. SHE IS 42 YEARS OLD.
Sir I am 52 male can't take full sleep at night due to backache. It starts after about an hour going to bed. My uric acid is 6.7.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary