Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil S BorawakeYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my shoulder and I am not able to move my hand upward and I am having thyroid and diabetes also What should I do.
If my father n forefathers hve diabetes is it necessary dat I will also have in future because I hve same blood grup ? If it is den what precautions shud I take?
I am 45 years old and I am diabetic from past 9 years and in the both legs I have various veins, will it affect my legs in future or I have to get operated on both the legs.
What are the clinical manifestation of parkinsonism, The person also have diabetes mellitus, hypertension, chronic kidney disease and congestive heart failure.
I am a 24 years old girl, I have a weight issue my lower body is increasing fastly my calves curves are going to be straight, my calcaneus part area are swollen for a long time my hip cellulite are also increasing day by day. I have already tested my blood test and thyroid test all are ok. My upper body is lean but my lower is not. Please tell me what is the problem.
Sir mujhe hypothyroid ki problem h. Can you suggest me better diet chart. N also what to eat and not.
My wife has diagnosed low grade glioma. She has diabetes taking (metride plane 1. Kindly suggest me a veg. Diet. Can she take idly/plain dosha and corn flakes. Please give me complete diet like b/f lunch evening b/f and dinner. Thanks.
Hi my father has blood sugar level 120 before breakfast but after food he has 218 how to control it? is any new medication is required?
My friend is diagnosed as diabetic at the age of 27. Is it possible to have diabetes at this age. If yes, What care should be taken?
I am 58 year old and I am suffering with diabetes and I am using glyciphage g1 Sugar levels are not come down pl suggest what to do.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
I am 23 years old female. I am feeling burning like sensation while urinating or after urinating. Sometime the burning sensation even appears even, I am not gone for the urinating and shed after some time. I have not gone through any sexual activity can, I go for the norflox 400.
It's normal to be concerned with your fertility after early miscarriage. Many couples want to try to conceive again right away, while others need time to heal. Ultimately, though, fertility following a miscarriage is an issue of concern for most couples.
Once you are ready to start trying for a child again, there are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of having a successful pregnancy.
- Rest and Recuperate- Many women want to hurry and start trying to get pregnant again right away after their miscarriage. This is a perfectly normal response, but may not be the best way to guarantee a healthy pregnancy. Give your body a chance to rest so your menstrual cycle can get back to normal. You also want to give yourself plenty of time for your mental balance to return so you are ready to take on the trials of trying to become pregnant. Be gentle and give yourself time to rest and focus on taking care of your physical and emotional needs until you are ready to try again.
- Change Lifestyle- Eliminating unhealthy habits can help increase your chances of conceiving later. Eliminate alcohol or drug use and quit smoking before you start trying for pregnancy. Cutting down or eliminating caffeine can also help you conceive a healthy pregnancy.
- Eliminate Stress- Eliminating stress can also make conceiving easier. Stress can reduce fertility levels, making it harder to get pregnant. Practicing meditation, yoga or taking time to relax after dealing with tough issues in your life can make it much easier to conceive.
- Eat Healthy- Eating a healthy diet is also essential to having a healthy pregnancy. This can also help women manage the depression caused by their miscarriage. Getting a variety of vitamins and minerals and cutting down on saturated fats and processed foods can help you get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Take Fertility Drugs or Therapies- There are various fertility drugs and therapies on the market today. Your doctor will prescribe different medications based on your overall health and age.
- Use an Ovulation Predictor- An ovulation predictor can help you map out your cycle. This will allow you to determine which days in your cycle will be the most likely for you to conceive.
- Support the Uterus and Liver- Performing a fertility cleanse after your period has stopped can help support the uterus and liver, promoting overall fertility health. Sometimes stagnant blood can get left behind after your period which can cause discomfort or health issues. Following a fertility diet to help rid your body of the excess blood and hormones in your system can help your conceive more easily.
- Massage the Uterus- When you have stopped bleeding after your miscarriage, performing a uterus massage can help your body relax. This massage will help bring fresh blood to the area and soothe the body so you can relax.
If you have been having trouble conceiving it may be time to talk to a fertility expert. Your doctor can perform fertility tests on you and your partner to determine if there are any underlying issues present. Then you can work together to determine if any additional medical treatment is necessary to help you get pregnant.
Last year three times I suffered from Gout. My uric acid was high to the tune of 13. I consulted some doctors and got treatment. Every time I suffered from Gout, I took Zyloric 100 mg three times a day for two weeks and got relief. Later on I changed my eating habits and started consuming Gluten free food. Now my uric acid is around 3. But for last few weeks though I am not on medication, nor my uric acid is high, joints of my fingers (palms as well as feet) ache on moving, more especially right and left hand thumb. Can anybody suggest good treatments consisting less of medicines ?
1) Close relative of the patient who are diabetic, so if your father, mother, brother, sister, aunt, uncle have diabetes’s, there is a chance that you can develop it.
2) Obese people are more likely to develop diabetes
3) Patient who had gestation diabetes i.e. diabetes during pregnancy at young age are likely to develop diabetes at the later age
4) Other disorders like polycystic ovarian syndrome.