Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil KYour feedback matters!
I am a chain smoker and have plaque behind my teeth now I have massive gum bleeding for last 2 weeks and I can't even brush properly even if I try to do it with finger entire water in my mouth turned red because of gum bleeding. What should I do?
My son's one tooth had to be removed, now he needs to go in for an implant. I want to go in for the best implant available. What quality of implant should we choose? kindly give the name of the company and price indication, if possible.
My dentist prescribed Ketorol-dt for tooth pain. Some says its a high power dose .and cause side effect. Is it true?
I'm getting so many cavities, and I want to know how I can prevent them. I brush, use mouthwash, and floss.
I am a 22 year old female. I initially went to my GP with severe IBS symptoms, very severe mouth ulcers (usually at least 5 but up to 10 at a time all over my mouth including my tongue, lips, gums and at the back and roof of my mouth. They are around 1-2cm and often bleed), tiredness and having.
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.
Canker sores are also known as aphthous sores and are the most common type of mouth ulcers. They mostly occur on the inside of the lips or cheek and are mostly whitish or yellowish in color. The sores are mostly surrounded by inflamed, reddish soft tissue. Canker sores commonly appear between the age of 10 and 20 years. They mpe ay create a tingling sensation in the mouth that makes eating, talking or swallowing difficult. In some cases, canker sores may cause general malaise and headache.
Reasons behind canker sores
1. Any kind of viral infection
2. Unhygienic brushing habits, such as not cleaning the mouth often or well enough.
3. Hormonal fluctuations, especially during the menstrual cycle
4. Inadequate rest and sleep
5. Low immunity
7. Food allergy
8. Deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals
9. Some kind of mouth injury
10. Ill-fitted dental appliances such as braces or dentures.
11. Acidic or spicy food.
Types of canker sores and symptoms
Canker sores are mainly of two types
1. Simple canker sores: These may occur twice or thrice in a year and can heal without treatment within a span of 3 to 4 weeks.
2. Complex canker sores: These sores generally appear in the elderly, mostly in those who have a history of frequent sores. These may be accompanied by swelling of lymph nodes, very painful sores, high fever, headache, fatigue and general illness. Inflammation and infection of the ulcers may also occur if not diagnosed and treated on time.
Ways canker sores can be treated
1. Antimicrobial mouth wash to rinse the mouth
2. Antibiotic mouthwashes or oral pills
3. Corticosteroid ointments can be applied on the affected area to reduce the inflammation and promote rapid healing.
4. Drinking milk, consuming yoghurt or ice cream is known to provide relief.
My teeth is shaking since many years but now shaking is high so unable to brush properly. Can I strengthen my teeth or what is the solution pls suggest me.
Bad breath is embarrassing. It inconveniences you and everyone around you. It affects your life in more ways than you might be aware of. It is crucial that you give due care to your oral health well in time to save difficult procedures and unbearable decay in time. Here are a few ways how you can do that:
1. Brushing Twice: This is the first and the most important. The reasons of odour in the mouth are mainly gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. You should brush your teeth twice, once right after you wake up and just before you go to bed.
2. Tongue Cleaning and Flossing: It’s not just brushing, you need to clean your tongue too. This is the area where harmful bacteria are present. To avoid odour and mouth diseases, ensure that you have a tongue cleaner and that you clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Also remove the in-betweens of the teeth with a flossing thread. It ensures complete deposit free oral hygiene.
3. No to Mints: Avoid using mints and gums to disguise the odour in your breath. They are temporary disguises and do more harm than good. They have sugar which stays back in your mouth and spoils your oral health, drastically. If you have to choose ones which are free of sugar.
4. Drink Ample Water: If your mouth is dry, it is a bad sign. Saliva has the important enzymes which help kill bacteria. If your mouth is dry, bacteria are increasing. So, drink water. Ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
5. Rinse After Every Meal: Always wash the insides of your mouth well, after eating anything, esp. chocolates and other sugary foods. A good swirl with water inside your mouth will get rid of the food lodged in corners.
6. Pick The Right Fruits: Certain fruits and vegetables are very good for oral health. Juicy and crunchy Vitamin C rich fruits like bell peppers, broccoli, berries and apple have a cleansing effect on your teeth.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.