Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KanchanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from the cough. I want to fine imdiatly from cough. Please give the solution for this. I'm waiting your answer.
Sir I am 23 years old. I think I am addicted to masturbation, is this any problem to my sexual life. And how can I get rid of this.
My brother have much more lipoma at his body. He have no pain and it is soft tissue. He was checked by Dr. It is non cancerable and Dr. not advice to operation to it. If is any solution?
I'm from solapur Maharashtra my age is 23 I want relief to fungal infection, fungal infection are more trouble to my business it is effected of penis problem.
Hello Doctor . And I am worried about that my Penis is not long. It is small in size .I jst want to confirm that m I medically unfit? Please clear my doubt by giving my answer.
Hi, I have stone problems. My left abdomen area paining if I didn't drink water regularly. Please suggest how should I come over from this problem. Thanks, Aldrin.
My friend keep on scratching on his buttocks, due to continuous scratching of the skin wounds (like patches) are formed on the buttocks. He will feel some what good after scratching but the output of that scratching is too high which results in the formation of new wounds. He dint use any medication till now. How to resolve it, please resolve it as soon as possible.
I use to have headache. But after checkup got to know I dnt have migraine issue. Can you please suggest? How to get rid of this headache?
While talking to my friend she said she has a problem of lack of nutrition this is what she said "I get tired easily My body parts ache very frequently I feel dizzy if I don't eat anything for long" Also shes been experiencing back pain for past three days and she is sure she didn't lift ny heavy object or did some excruciating activity please tell what could be the reason for her backache.
How to increase testosterone level and sperm count naturally? Do we get/look older if we have low sperm count and low testosterone level?
On 2nd of July 2016 I had radio frequency ablation for varicose veins with injection sclerotherapy. My question is how much time will it take for my veins to get disappeared. Now I am seeing almost 70% enlarged veins but they are hard how much time for the Complete disappearance.
My mother is suffering from child's A liver cirrhosis and type 2 diabetes mellitus. For the last few months her feet from ankle to fingers are swollen and it pains a lot. Is it due to cirrhosis?
My mom woke up feeling dizzy and nauseated. She doesn't have any stomach pain but she has been feeling dizzy all day. She doesn't feel like it's food poisoning cause she has no stomach pain. She is 57 years old. What can I do to help her? Please help! Thank you!
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis. Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.