Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanchan GanlaYour feedback matters!
Hi 10 years back my gums started bleeding - after 3 years of struggle I got a deep cleaning of gums and it stopped for 2 years started again and I went for cleaning again this time dentist said its very clean and he can not do anything further to it, It still bleeds once in a week, I am doing pressure water floss every month. My gums are pink and looks healthy, my overall teeth are very clean and I always brush twice in a day. My mouth smells and I am sick off this gum bleeding. Please help.
I have a teeth which needs rct but I am very much scared of the pain. As I also have a injection phobia. Get faint out. How to get rid of tooth pain. I put cotton to cover cavity so temprly no food goes there. Please advice.
Hi doctor, I'm 24 years old and I have a tooth problem, my teeth are little bit projecting outwards. I want to know that is there any surgery to straighten my teeth. I'm not interested in tooth braces. Please do send me if there is any surgery for it.
I suffer from mouth ulcers from years. They appear at least once in a month, that in Big circles. Do not know what is the reason? Stress, change of drinking water, or something else. please help!
I have a desk job. My height is 5.6" and weight is 69 kg. I have a gaps in my front teeth. Sometimes after good sleep in morning I feel dump left palm.
Hello Sir, I am vinoth my problem my teeth blooding for any times sir so how to control that blooding teeth I so sad sir.
My child is 1.5 years and from 3 days I am observing the incisors on the upper jaw being chipped. I see a little whitening also on those teeth. I am a bit worried. What can be the problem?
My mother had tooth pain and get swelling yesterday. She take diclofenac, amoxicillin and Crocin. But from night she had fever 104 degree And again doctor suggested capsule ravi per-d, clams 625 mg and ors powder but after that also she had 102 fever Please suggest what to do Is there any chances of dengue, malaria or is just viral fever.
I did scaling 2 months before and have been using hex mouthwash since then (I used it for the first 15 days and then using it after a month. I could see that that tartar buildup has started a little as my lower four teeth are crowned. What should I do?
I have problem in my teeth they start paining anytime I don't know the reason so can you tell me why this happens?
I am 22 years old male, there is cavity in some of my Molars ,I have started brushing regularly 2 times ,still there is no effect ,what should I do?
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.