Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanade
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KanadeYour feedback matters!
I want to know how much cost for IOL implant surgery on both eyes will charged? Its for cure of myopic eyes.Please tell.
My eyes are very sensitive they become red very easily And they are red through I want to make my eyes white permanently so what should I do.
I have eye pain when I wakes up late night, eye pain continues till I get long sleep so please advice me for better medicine for it.
Hello My question is that after squint surgery how much are the chances that squint will reoccur after surgery?
How to control eye site to go weaker and weaker I am 42 year old my eye vision is weak Suggestions required.
Hi In RP To lower loss of vision/ control reducing the risk of loosing the vision. What are the steps to be taken by the concern patient. If he/she as to take any medicine. Please advice.
My dad age 53, suffering from varicose veins gr 3. Doctor advised laser surgery. Is there any other way to avoid surgery. His legs have become black colour n can't able to walk much r stand long hours. He does work standing continuously l.we are postponing surgery since one year. Does it lead to any complications further? please suggest.
Causes and Symptoms of Hypermetropia You Need to Know About
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight