Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. KanadeYour feedback matters!
Sir you have eyes problem During every hit season my eyes or swell and got reddish BT not in winter it only happens in summer season.
My spectacles number continuously increasing. What should I do for improving it. I have used most of methods.
Actually he had been an accident before which is due to blasting of a 24 volt recharging battery. He got some liquid acid on his right side eye. After that he had getting pain and consult the nearest hospital and get the prescribed medicine and after few day he got a white layer in his pupil. And now that eye is not clearly visible. So what will be solution of this problem?
almost 6 months ago. My both eyes were working equally but now a days the vision of my right side eye is decreasing. Not too much but in the comparison of left eye . I could not see a distant thing by right side eye as I can see by left eye.
Why we stress when having sex? Did you know? You can answer this question then reply me at this number. Plz.
Respected Sir/Madam I have been affected by a genetically disorder in my both eyes. With colour blindness and hypermetropia. Eventhough we consulted (my two other brothers (aged 23 and 15 respectively) do have the same prob) many doctors across India and in all fields of medicine such as ayurveda, reflexology, homeopathy, English etc. But nothing resulted out. Just for a sake we do have a powered glass. But that doesn't add up anything to our vision. Even with the spectacled our vision is the same. NB: Ranked doctors told our parents that these are some of genetic disorder for which so far nothing is found for the cure. And they promised us to inform when such a thing arrives (They told us on 2004 or somewhere there. But till now didn't get any information Hoping for your positive reply in the near future Yours Faithfully Abdhul AHADH.
At the time of sleeping also my eyes are open only, usually whenever I am in deep sleep eyes getting open.
Sir, I have a power of -2.50 (spherical glass) but now i want to know my contact lens power moreover which i would prefer like toric,hdplus which one
Though am using my power glass my eyes are paining often! I have checked my power and changed my glass but also paining often! What can I do now?
I'm an eighteen year old male and have noticed something unusual in left eye. Whenever I am reading or writing or anything I do which requires continuous eye contact, water starts flowing continuously from my left eye. Happens every time when I do this kind of work. And also when I close my eyes, I really feel some heaviness or unusual thing in my left eye. It has been 3 months since I noticed it. Please suggest me something.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.