Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamlesh P BokilYour feedback matters!
Hi Being 78 years of age suffering from 9I0 Prostatic Problem and (ii) Rt Kidney calculi, one calculi is stuck in ureter thus highly infecting the kidney with Pain I am a Sr Gp "A" officer retired from Govt. Of India and hold a CGHS Card valid for whole life. Not suffering from any other prob like BP, Sugar etc. Seek urgent remedial process / action pl.
How could blood cancer can be cured, if it is incurable by researching by the researchers or the doctors?
Hello All, My father's prostate gland got enlarged also his sodium level became down so doctors put foley catheter as he has become so weak, and did medication for sodium level increase. After discharge they said to keep catheter for two weeks as he has become weak, when we took my father to home he was getting few drops of blood in insertion area of catheter and few amount of blood through pipe also, but next day it was all OK, but after six to ten days he started bleeding from catheter like continuous blood was flowing and that catheter bag was full of blood, we took him again to doctor and it's been two days the flow of blood is now reduced but it's still coming. Also as he was having cholesterol problem so doctor has given tablets which will thin blood, please can someone help me out with how many days it will be fine and why this issue can be occurred. Is this normal because doctors has hospitalized him but blood flow is still there. Thanks so much in advance!
Hello, My Father he was suffering from blood cancer last one month. In bone marrow report influence are found: "Acute lymphatic leukemia" can anybody suggest me what i do. Patient in Allahabad.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.
My father was detected with localized prostate cancer last year and was followed by a heart attack later. He then have to undergo angioplasty with a non-drug eluting stent. Over one year has passed and his Stress test reports are excellent now as per cardiologist. Can he undergo a radical prostatectomy (prostate cancer surgery ) now or it will be risky for him to undergo surgery? Thank you.
Dono breast me ghaat haiCheck up bhi karwaya Lekin cancer ka koi symptoms nahi hai Lekin iss bimaari se bahar kaise nikale Dawai humlog afford nahi kar sakte bahut mahangi hai Koi home treatment ya cheaper medicine.
Hi Doctor husband has a 7mm reactive lymp node jugular region which pains often for more than a year. Please advice.
My father is 89 years old and is suffering from stomach cancer. Cancer was detected about 40 days ago after endoscopy and biopsy. The treating doctor (gastroenterologist) says that there is no point in going for treatment and advised us to go for palliative care. At present the pain is minimal. In case the pain increases and other symptoms like fullness in stomach, vomiting, bloating, difficulty in swallowing and other symptoms get aggravated, he may require palliative care. Please help me in locating a palliative care unit / doctor in Bhubaneswar with specialisation in giving palliative care to stomach cancer patients. With regards.
Penile cancer occurs when cancerous cells form on tissues of the penis. If caught early, penile cancer is treatable. In early stages, a cancerous tumour can be removed with little or no damage to the penis. But if it is diagnosed late, a man may lose part of or all of his penis and sometimes his life too. Hence, it’s vital that you know more about this cancer.
But first, a small primer on the penis…
The penis has two types of erectile tissues, the spongy tissue that gets engorged with blood leading to an erection:
- Corpora cavernosa: This tissue forms most of the penis.
- Corpus spongiosum: This tissue forms a small portion of the penis. It also surrounds the urethra, a tube that transports urine and sperm to outside.
The erectile tissue comes wrapped in connective tissue and skin to form the organ.
Penile cancer is usually found on the ‘glans’ or tip of the penis, but can also occur on the shaft of the penis. Some of the common symptoms of penile cancer include sores and lumps on the penis, redness or irritation on the penis and blood discharge.
Factors that increase the risk of developing penile cancer
- Infection with human papillomavirus (HPV): This virus causes cervical cancer in women. Unprotected skin-to-skin contact as well as unprotected sex with multiple partners, increases the risk of a man getting HPV infection.
- Not being circumcised at birth: Circumcision, an operation in which a part or the entire foreskin is removed surgically is a big protection from penile cancer.
- Phimosis: This is a condition in which the foreskin cannot be pulled back over the glans or tip of the penis.
- Poor hygiene
- UV treatment for psoriasis
- Use of tobacco: The chemicals in tobacco smoke lead to genetic changes in cells of the penis, thereby leading to cancer.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Detection and diagnosis are done using tests like a biopsy in which a small sample of tissue is removed from the penis and tested for abnormalities due to cancer.
Chances of Survival
Treatment of penile cancer depends on what stage it is detected at and so is prognosis. The location and size of tumour, and whether cancer has just been diagnosed or has recurred also affect prognosis.
For stage I and II penile cancer or cancer that is limited only to the penis, the five-year survival rate is 85%.
The survival rate dips substantially if cancer is diagnosed after it has spread to surrounding tissues or lymph nodes in stage III or IV. The five-year survival rate is just about 59%.
I am 20 years old I have problem with my nipples as they are projected out in dress. I do not prefer padded braziers as they are not health friendly. Request you to advise me on what measures other than that (padded one) to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
Hello I am from dhaka, bangladesh. My mother (54 years) was diagnosed with lung cancer 4th stage (metastatic adenocarcinoma) one month ago. She was going through dry cough for like 3 months so further investigation like biopsy confirmed it's lung cancer. But we didn't rely on our country's (bangladesh) report. So we went to apollo specialty hospital, chennai, india an ran pet ct scan followed by tapping as she had fluid in her lungs and then again biopsy. This time during the biopsy, my mother caught pneumothorax. So the doctor admitted her to emergency and inserted a tube in her backside. They called it drainage system. This will let the fluid come out of her lungs along with air that entered through pneunothorax. They kept the tube for 3/4 days and then released it. Now the doctor asked to do the chemotherapy. I get scared whenever I hear about chemotherapy. Is it the only way out? will this chemotherapy be effective for a long time? I did few researches over internet about the survival rate of lung cancer patient and it seems to be very low. Now I will write you the comments of pet ct scan and biopsy. 1. Pet ct scan: a) hypermetabolic primary mass in lingula b) hypermetabolic pleural metastases with effusion in left hemithorax. C) hypermetabolic metastatic paraaortic with non fdg avid left hilar nodes. D) no other demonstrable metabolically active disease in whole body survey. F) imaging is suggestive of bronchogenic malignancy in lingula segment of left lung with nodal and pleural metastases (t2an2m1a- stage iv) 2. Biopsy report: a) biopsy from left lung mass: consistent with adenocarcinoma, grade ii: ct guidedbiopsy from left lung mass. So what do you think, is it controllable? it is very worse? I want her to live. What kind of chemotherapy would you suggest? apart from chemo, is there any other way to treat or control it along with the chemo? I heard there is some drug called terceva. Internet says it treated their fourth stage cancer. I don't know but I am seeking your help regarding this
While massaging my body today I got something hard on the left on my breast. It's something like a lump, when I pressed it. I felt pain. Please tell me what is it? Is it something to worry about?
Are you suffering from cancer? Your diet plays an important part when you are a undergoing cancer treatment. There are several types of food items, which are actually beneficial for healing cancer. By including these items in your regular diet, there are chances of better healing. Here are 10 food items that help in healing cancer:
- Green leafy vegetables: You must consume green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, collard greens, kale, watercress and arugula salad as they contain vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants. Also they are low in calories, sodium, fat and toxins and are a storehouse of antibacterial plus antiviral components, which inactivate carcinogens and help in killing program cancer cells. The formation of tumor is prevented. The chemicals turn into biological compounds and break down cancer cells.
- Cruciferous vegetables: These vegetables are capable cancer killers and are rich in vitamin C. All vegetables belonging to the brassica family of cruciferous vegetables contain isothiocyanates, which help in the prevention of cancer. Vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower also contain sulforaphanes and indoles, which protect the DNA structure.
- Berries: Berries contain antioxidants and proanthocyanidin antioxidants. These are capable of reducing free-radical damage. You should add blueberries, strawberries, goji berries and cherries to your diet.
- Fresh herbs and spices: Turmeric contains curcumin, which helps in reducing the tumor size and fighting breast and colon cancer. Its properties help in fighting inflammation. Other herbs such as ginger, garlic, oregano, basil and parsley help in boosting the body’s immunity.
- Organic meats: Organic meats such as chicken or beef liver are considered effective for cancer patients. This is because they are dense in nutrient content and contain vitamin B12 in high quantity. Consuming organic meat helps in the cleansing of your liver and removing toxins from the digestive tract.
- Cultured dairy products: Cultured dairy products contain probiotics or good bacteria. These help in promoting a natural bacterial balance in the intestinal microflora and increasing immunity. These food products prevent tumor growth and help with cell regeneration. You should have raw milk products like yoghurt, cheese and kefir.
- Nuts and seeds: Chia seeds and flax seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids and important minerals. Hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are also essential for a cancer patient.
- Healthy unrefined oils: Oils such as coconut, flax, extra-virgin olive oil and cod-liver oil nourish the gut and your immune functions are boosted.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are of different types and offer different benefits. In general, all mushrooms increase a body’s immunity to fight with cancer. You should add reishi, maitake and cordyceps mushrooms to your diet.
For consuming an ideal diet, which comprises cancer preventing and cancer-fighting foods, you should consult a dietitian.
The above food help in prevention and recovery from cancer. In any case, rest is equally important and also fluids. Diet to regular chemo session, one might feel anorexic with persistent nausea, so having them in small portions in advisable. One can opt for organic versions of these, to ensure good quality. Try avid consuming them absolutely raw, stir fry, boiled are some recommendable methods. Cancer can be patience testing disease to cope up with it best is to have a positive attitude for better recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.