Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalyani Meshram
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalyani MeshramYour feedback matters!
Here are top 6 nutrients that are a must for women of all ages.
1) Vitamin B12 - Women suffer from extreme fatigue as soon as they reach late 20s or mid-30s and vitamin B12 has proven to be extremely efficient in not only curbing the feeling of fatigue, but also in promoting swiftness and alertness in the body.
2) Vitamin D3 - Lack of vitamin D3 is detrimental for breast and ovarian cancers which plague a large number of women. This vitamin also builds immunity against certain autoimmune diseases and provides adequate strength to muscles, bones and teeth.
3) Iron - Adequate levels of iron in the body ensures that you never run out of energy and are always active. In addition, iron plays an important role in maintaining efficient functioning of the brain.
4) Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 mainly promotes the maintenance of a healthy and regular sleep pattern and protects against sleep-related disorders such as insomnia. It also helps in the correct regulation of your appetite while maintaining hormonal balance, thus protecting you from mood disorders.
5) Folate - Women who are expecting or have recently given birth certainly benefit a great deal from adequate consumption of folate. These women are highly vulnerable to a number of spinal and brain defects which are effectively prevented by the nutrient. It also helps to make the body highly resistant to colon and breast cancers.
6) Calcium - Calcium is like a wonder drug for all women as it solves a majority of problems which hinder their daily life. It plays an important role in maintaining a stable blood pressure and is extremely efficient in controlling certain noxious symptoms of PMS. It is important also to maintain their bone density as they age.
If you have any questions on women health, please click on 'Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
What is best contraceptive for a man or a woman after having 5 children as and still having option of conciving if needed in future and to make it complicated man does not want to use condoms anyway. What treatment should be given to either one of them without disturbing their normal married life. Thanks. I am from kolkata and one of friend from a Muslim community asked me this question I am myself a pharmacist and having retail pharmacy in kolkata in a hospital but I was not able or sure what to suggest him. I told him to use condoms but he refused that he does not want to use condoms. Pls suggest.
When I am having sex with my wife it seems that she is not getting excited. I tried everything that is touching her private parts and all but all in vain. She always tells me that she has no feelings towards sex. please suggest what to do.
Hlo This is yashika agarwal resident of ghaziabad. I missed my period dates. Now I need to abort medically. Someone told me about Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets. I have used it earlier once. But this time I am not getting them without prescription. Could you help me plz? I am just 3.5 weeks pregnant.
Almost every man and woman craves to have a child they can call their own. This makes an inability to procreate one of the most dreaded situations. Infertility can be defined as the inability to conceive a child within 12 months of biologically appropriately timed intercourse. Infertility exacts a huge psychological toll on the person.
Infertility often triggers depression in a person. This may be acute and result from specific events such as the holidays, family celebrations of the news of a someone else having conceived a child or could be cyclic and coincide with phases of their fertility cycle. This depression could lead to problems at work and communication with the spouse.
Infertility can also make a person feel helpless and affect their self esteem. Infertility accompanied by depression can trigger the feeling of having lost control over one’s life and can make people withdraw into themselves.
An infertile person may also often feel guilty and make them blame themselves and their prior actions for the condition. This leads them to question their worthiness of being a good spouse and potential parent. A woman who has suffered from an STD (sexually transmitted disease) earlier or has undergone an abortion earlier can become obsessed with blaming herself for being infertile.
This affects their daily lives and ability to work. An infertile person may also feel guilty for having robbed their partner of the chance to become a parent. This can put a strain on their relationship and in many cases lead to a broken marriage.
When they find themselves unable to conceive a child, a couple may try to time their intercourse with ovulation tools, such as an ovulation thermometer etc. and may try different positions, some of which may be fairly uncomfortable. They may also end up having intercourse more often than desired. In order to prevent sperm from leaking out of the vagina, a woman may also find herself lying in an awkward supine position after intercourse. A combination of all these factors makes the act a chore and with time can lead to a loss of libido.
Infertility can also trigger anger against life for having been treated unfairly or towards other parents. This may also be displaced towards their family and friends leading to situations where they feel ostracized and unsupported.
When dealing with infertility, it is important to understand that neither partner is to blame. Infertility is a physiological condition and can be treated in most cases. It is important for both partners to support each other during this process and if need be consult a counselor.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An ectopic pregnancy takes place in the case when the completely fertilized egg attaches itself to a place outside the inner side of the uterus. Ectopic pregnancy is also called tubal pregnancy because in most cases, it takes place in the Fallopian tube. Usually, the Fallopian tubes are not responsible for holding an embryo, which keeps on growing. Hence, the egg has no scope to develop in the Fallopian tube. This problem must be treated as soon as possible to avoid further complications. Here are several ways of treating ectopic pregnancy.
- Expectant management: In case you are not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy or the pregnancy cannot be found, close observation is required. This is known as expectant management. You should conduct regular blood tests and follow them up in order to detect, whether the hCG level in your blood is ascending or descending. You are likely to have vaginal bleeding. Use pads and towels instead of tampons. Pain in your tummy is also indicated.
- Proper medication: In case ectopic pregnancy is detected at an early stage and constant monitoring is not suitable for you, a medicine by the name of methotrexate can be used for treatment. The medicine stops this pregnancy from developing. It is usually injected into your buttocks. Regular blood tests must be carried out to know how the treatment is taking shape on your condition. Trusted contraception measures should be taken for three months following the treatment as methotrexate is very harmful for an infant in case you become pregnant. Keep away from alcohol, as the combination of methotrexate with alcohol is harmful to the liver.
- Surgical means: The most common mode of surgery for removing ectopic pregnancy during an early stage is laparoscopy or keyhole surgery. While a laparoscopy is carried out, you will be in a state of anesthesia. A narrow tube or the laparoscope is inserted through surgical cuts in the tummy. The Fallopian tube, which had the ectopic pregnancy is totally removed in case the other Fallopian tube is functioning well. Else the pregnancy has to be somehow removed without cutting off the Fallopian tube. Removal of the Fallopian tube is the best remedy for treating ectopic pregnancy and getting pregnant again is also possible. It takes a normal woman almost six weeks to recover after the surgery. Laparotomy is another kind of surgery carried out to repair a ruptured Fallopian tube.