Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana JadhavYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I would need urgent help for my friend. She is in depression. She doesn't feel happy and got angry when her husband touches her. She gets irritate while he is trying to convince her for sex. When he discussed this issue with her she said my body doesn't help me and I hate these things. Could you please let me know why it is happening at all. Also she is physically weak as her hemoglobin is below normal and always feel pain in her body either in legs, headche, or pain in whole body. She also has backbone problem. She is 32 years old and got married 13 years ago. She has two children one is 12 years old and second is 4 years old and both are male. Please help me how to make her fine. Thank you.
Nowadays more and more homes and other buildings have air-conditioning to cool the place in the heat of summer. Consequently, many people now suffer From pain that becomes worse when they are sitting in their office equipped with air-conditioning, and they Improve spontaneously once they leave the office and go out in sun. Thus they form a clear impression that cold places are bad and warm places are good for them,
which is true. This is because our skin pores stay relatively open in the summer in order that we may sweat and keep our body temperature down. However, this Also provides a very good opportunity for invasion of
Cold, as the artificially cooled air can enter the body through the opened pores. Being characterised by Contraction and stagnation, cold may cause closure of the skin pores; this results in accumulation of cold in. The joints and muscles, so leading to pain due to qi And blood stagnation. Moreover, since the skin pores Are now closed, internal heat cannot easily leave the Body in sweat evaporation, so accumulated cold can soon change into heat, leading to symptoms of that aggravation, including redness, hotness, pain and swollen joints and muscles.
Am 20 and am sexually active with my bf but with protection. I have PCOS condition hence my period is irregular. 2 weeks ago I had a lot of brown discharge for 5 days followed by 2 days red blood discharge and followed by 2 days of nothing then no spotting also. I was worried if I might be pregnant but took a pregnancy test last week itself it was negative. Just when I thought it was over 4 days later it came back allot of brown stain for 2-3 days today. Could I be pregnant? My boyfriend used condom always and had last sex nearly 3 weeks ago.
Dear Doctor. My Marriage is going to be on feb 2017 What precaution we can take for the first night And, What precaution we can take to birth control.
Hello mam yesterday mne ultrasound krwaya or travelling ki bus mai kisi wajh s muje Halka Halka brown discharge nikl rha h meri last period 20mar ko aaya tha per doctor k khne pr mne ultrasound krwaya jissmai baby ko only 5 week hui h or no heart beat please suggest me.
I am 26 years old girl. Delayed my menses. Wen I scan the doctor said that i am conceived. I have check my hcg blood test but in that test normal. N urine strip test also normal. I am sad doctor please tell me why like this happen. Thy told me that I have thyroid problem also.
The lungs are made of tubes through, which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is a disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough: Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup: There is constant buildup of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity: As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath: The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing: Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators: Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids: Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination: Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics: To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy: In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes: Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
I have uterus cancer and done radiation therapy and chemo therapy before 6 years. I regularly go through the check up and I have noticed little bit of vaginal discharge from 3 days which I did not seen after my treatment. Is this normal or my cancer is recurring? Please help me.
I am happily married in may 2011 and have a daughter aged 3 yrs and son aged 8 months, my wife is 22 and I am 32, we are enjoying our sex life but I like a trying anal which pains her, anyways I m gonna counsel her for the same but some times before sex I tell her to take my penis in mouth n even I lick her vagina I really feel very nice before starting sex, will it harm me or her, if so what are the precautions n even we don't like using condoms as it reduces sexual pleasure, shall we continue?
I will be doing follicular study to help me know the exact time I ovulate from day 9th of my cycle. My question is it best to have relation on the day of rupture or one day prior to it to increase the highest chance of pregnancy. My gums suggested to have relation only on day of rupture thats really bothering me. Because having relation every alternate days I have heard lowers the sperm count which are already exhausted ny the time of ovulation. please help. Thanks in advance.
I'm 26 yrs old women facing joints pain since 5 days n my weight is 82 height 5.3 suffering from pcod n I have 1 daughter 3 yrs.
My wife age is 45 yrs and last 4 - 5 yrs she have heavy Migrane during periods. Kindly give me you r best suggestion with medicine.
Having problems ejaculating at the right time can prevent you and your partner from feeling satisfied during sexual intercourse. Nonetheless, premature ejaculation is not the only type of ejaculation issues you should know about. In addition to this other forms of ejaculation that make up this group of sexual dysfunction are delayed ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation.
Here's how you need to handle the different types of ejaculation problems:
Premature ejaculation - The first very common ejaculation that all men in the world experience is premature ejaculation. This kind of sexual dysfunction occurs when you ejaculate either before or after penetration with least amount of sexual stimulation.
To treat the problem, medicines, primarily a form of anti-depressant drug known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (ssris) are recommended for bringing about a delay in the expulsion of semen. Even couple therapy can help to treat the problem as this form of counseling helps in coming up with methods that both the partners can perform to prevent premature ejaculation.
Delayed ejaculation - You're said to suffer from instances of delayed ejaculation if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Unable to expel semen even though you may want to and your erection is normal
- Experiencing considerable delay in reaching orgasm
- If you're suffering from a constant as well as an unwanted delay lasting between 30 and 60 minutes, you're said to be experiencing delayed ejaculation
- Unable to attain ejaculation no less than half the times you have sexual intercourse
Treatment for this problem usually involves going to the root cause of the problem. Many times, the cause could be an effect of the medication you may be taking. If the cause is psychological in nature, you may require counseling.
Retrograde ejaculation - This happens when the ejaculate matter rather than exiting through the penis goes back into the bladder and comes out later during urination. Retrograde ejaculation commonly occurs in diabetics, especially those that suffer from nerve damage brought on by diabetes.
This type of sexual dysfunction doesn't require treatment as you can still experience a healthy sex life. In certain cases, the use of drugs can also help in restoring your normal ejaculation prowess. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 27years old. I had an ectopic pregnancy operation before 6 months. It was a laser operation. But from few days I am having pain in my navel stitch. Wht should I do.
I am 19 year old and married on april 30 2016 and having continuous sex till today 19 July and having sperm but there is no signs of pregnancy instead I have periods on 3 or 4 date every month but this july I have periods on 12 july why is this so. And what about my pregnancy please suggest.
Shadi se pehle meri mensuration cycle me bas 3 ya 4 days ka gap hota tha. But shadi ke baad 10 or 13 days ka gap hone lgaa h. kyaa ye koi tension ki baaat h doctor. Consult me.
Bringing a child into this world is one of the most wonderful phases of a woman's life. At the same time, this involves a lot of body changes - physiologically, physically, chemically, and emotionally. Mommy makeover refers to one or a combination of procedures that are done to alter the appearance after delivery, especially relating to one or more of the following:
- Tummy that is sagging (no fat, just loose skin) with stretch marks
- Breasts that are altered in size and shape, sometimes the enlargement could be completely disproportionate with the body and cause back pain
- Undefined thick waistline with irregular fat accumulation
- Fat deposits on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and trunk that do not reduce with dietary changes and exercise
- Skin changes on the face and around the eyes, giving an aged appearance
- Post cesarean, there is excessive skin around the surgical scar
- Reduces tummy size
- Gives a more youthful appearance
- Alters breasts to the desired shape and size
- Weight loss, if happens, could affect the results
- Subsequent pregnancies don't have any complications with tummy tuck but with another pregnancy the effects may be lessened or reversed.
- Since surgery is involved, the risk of unforeseen complications always exists (for instance, in breast implants, there is capsule formation or capsulitis, in rare cases rupture may require removal.)
Mommy makeover is not a single step procedure, but a combination of plastic surgical procedures that are done depending on the problem you present with.
Tummy tuck - If there is abdominal sagging, the tummy is tucked back into position by removing the fat and excessive skin and reworking on the belly button.
Liposuction - Excessive fat deposits in the hips, thighs, trunk area can be removed by sucking out the fat deposits. Most commonly done in the hips and trunk area.
Breast lift - Sagging uneven breasts, drooping nipples, reduced volume are all indications for a breast lift. During the surgery, the breast tissue is repositioned to reproduce a better shape and size and reposition the nipples if required.
Breast reduction - Large breasts are a common problem, and breast reduction is one of the most requested for procedures.
Breast augmentation - Either saline implants or silicone are used to restore breast size and shape to the desired results. Usually, breast lift is combined with breast augmentation.
Facial corrections - From dark circles to sagging skin to wrinkles, facial appearance can be changed based on the presenting symptoms.
These are very brief descriptions of the various procedures that are done as part of mummy makeover. A detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding costs, subsequent pregnancies, aftercare, recovery, healing, and limitations and risks is to be had ahead of the surgery.