Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana JadhavYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors. I was recommend to take ashwagandha powder for height increase with warm milk at sleeping time. And I did that for 2 months. Still my height has not increased a bit, but I gained a lots of weight. And only after 10 of my mc, I am getting a lots of pain in my lower abdomen, feels like getting periods again. I am getting a lots of pain in my private area. please recommend me, what shall I do now.
My wife is having some mental problem she is taking three type of medicine (zipax1 mg)(olimelt 10) (diva 750) she fatty day by day becoz of these medicine and one more thing is there is any sideeffect for pregnancy please help.
Hello doctor I have delivered to a baby . And I have c-section I am getting back pain where anasthesia is given. Can I've permanent solution for this problem
1. Get a goodnight's sleep -" poor sleep takes a toll on everything, from your job performance to your daily chores, and especially your memory, says Dr. Adarsh kumar, internal medicine, national heart institute. Sleep is a key time for the brain to solidify the connections between neurons, thus helping us remember more of our tasks. Rule of thumb: get 7-8 hours of sleep everyday. And yes, naps count. Experts are of the opinion that if you do only one thing to improve your memory, getting more sleep should be it. If you have trouble sleeping fast, drink a warm cup of milk a half hour before hitting the sheets. Yes, this age-old remedy actually works. Now stop staring at the ceiling, and slip into slumber.
2. Jog your memory - literally. Exercise increases your heart rate which gets blood flowing to your brain, thus keeping your memory sharp. Running, swimming, biking - any form of exercise - for at least 30 minutes helps enlarge the hippocampus, which is regarded as the'memory center of the brain. In fact, physical activities that require hand-eye coordination or complex motor skills are particularly beneficial for brain building. If you don't have time for a full workout, squeeze in a 10-minute walk around the block in your schedule or a few jumping jacks. It's enough to reboot your brain.
3. Quit multitasking - can't find your keys? it's probably because you weren't paying attention when you put them down. When you're juggling too many things, you're bound to forget. As it turns out, the brain doesn't actually multitask. Instead, it switches focus from one thing to the other, which is why it is difficult to read a book and hold a conversation at the same time. Multitasking will slow you down, so make it a point to concentrate on the task at hand. It's crucial. Studies suggest to say it out loud" I left my keys on the dresser, etc. So the brain can process it. Your brain actually need about eight seconds to commit a piece of information to your memory, so if you're talking on the phone and carrying groceries when you put down your car keys, you're unlikely to remember where you left them.
4. Go back to your roots - ashwagandha, a go-to choice in ayurvedic medicine, is known for promoting memory since it helps prevent nerve cell damage. Dr. Ashutosh gautam, clinical operations and coordination manager at baidyanath says" ashwagandha can be taken in the form of powder or tablet. It also improves the brain's memory functions like attention and concentration, hence helping with the symptoms of parkinson's, alzheimer's and other neuro degenerative diseases. Fish oil, has also been associated with encouraging the growth of neurons and lowering the risk of dementia. Fish oil contains dha, an omega-3 fatty acid which helps improve your memory power.
5. Use mnemonic devices - mnemonic devices are tools which help you memorize in an easier format - words, lists, concepts.
Acronyms: they are basically abbreviations used a word to help you jog your memory. For example: cart can be carrots, apples, raspberries and tomatoes, which can be used to remember your grocery list.
Rhymes: if you need to remember a name, get creative" mary loves cherry" or" simon is a fireman.
Acrostics: these are life savers during exams, especially. Whenever you need to mug up a sentence, combine the initial letters and use as a memory cue. For example: how we all remembered the 9 planets during childhood" my very educated mother just showed us nine planets.
6. Get organized - if your house is in a mess, you're more likely to forget things. Jot down tasks, declutter your home and note down appointments. Set aside a particular place at home to keep your keys, and limit distractions. Live by to-do lists, keep them upto date and check off the items you've completed. Physically writing down new information actually helps reinforce it.
7. Meditation is key - according to a 2015 study from the ucla brain mapping center, the brain starts to decline in your 20s and continues to decrease both in size and volume. Meditating regularly delays cognitive decline and prevents neurodegenerative diseases like dementia, alzheimer's and parkinson's. Meditation produces a positive charge in the brain's gray matter overtime, which is important for memory, learning and self-awareness. In addition, meditation has been shown to reduce stress, which can do a number on memory.
8. Stay mentally active - note: crossword puzzles and sudoku are your new best friend. Challenge your brain, take a different route to work, learn a new language, read a section of the newspaper you usually skip, do things out of the ordinary. Stay engaged, because mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape - and might even keep memory loss at bay. People who are cognitively active have better memory as they age, it's true. So quiz yourself, flex your brain and improve your memory power.
9. Balance your stress - chronic stress and depression, both contribute to memory loss and the destruction of brain cells. One of the best things you can do is to laugh. Yes, it's that simple. Laughter engaged multiple regions of the brain and simultaneously reduces stress. Social interaction also helps ward off depression and stress, so look for opportunities to get together with family, loved ones, friends and work colleagues. When you're invited to share a meal or attend an event, go!
10. Food for thought - did you know that the brain is an energy hungry organ? despite comprising only 2% of the body's weight, the brain gobbles up more than 20% of daily energy intake. So a healthy diet might be as good for your brain as it is for your overall health, and eating right may in fact be more important than you think. After all, you are what you eat. The brain demands a constant supply of glucose which is obtained from recently eaten carbohydrates like whole grains, fruits and greens. Because when the glucose level drops, it results in confused thinking. No, this does not give you the license to slurp on sugary drinks. Instead eat throughout the day to optimize brain power- not too much, not too little. Memory superfoods include antioxidant-rich, colorful fruits, green leafy vegetables and whole grains which protect your brain from harmful free radicals. Choose low-fat protein sources such as fish and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily since dehydration can lead to memory loss and confusion.
Vitamin c and b: vitamin c, found in citrus fruits, is associated with mental agility, whereas vitamin b is known to guard against age-related brain shrinkage and cognitive impairment. Load up on blackcurrants, fish, green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, peanuts, sesame seeds and eggs to rev up your brain power.
Nuts and seeds: a handful of seeds and nuts may help improve your memory power significantly. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc that play a great role in sharpening your memory. Brain-shaped walnuts are a good source of omega-3 and other essential nutrients crucial for brain functioning and memory skills. Sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin e, just sprinkle them on top of your salad to give your brain a boost. Even peanuts are packed with vitamin e, a potent antioxidant. Almonds and hazelnuts also help boost memory.
Berries: blueberries are the top source of substances called anthocyanins which are brain-boosting antioxidants. Eating blueberries daily can help combat against the onset of short term memory loss. Even strawberries, when consumed regularly can help delay age-related memory decline.
Green vegetables: broccoli, kale, collard greens, spinach - all green vegetables are full of iron, vitamin e, k and b9 (folate), and phytonutrients like vitamin c which are extremely important for brain cell development. Vitamin k is known to be helpful in cognitive enhancement and increasing mental alertness.
Avocados: enriched with vitamin e, avocados are loaded with antioxidants which help in keeping the brain healthy and alert. Creamy avocados are also associated with lowering the risk of alzheimer's.
Tomatoes: tomatoes are a good source of lycopene which acts against brain cell degeneration and aids in the maintenance and production of new brain cells.
Whole grains: whole grains are considered to be the powerhouse of energy and help you focus better. On consuming fiber-rich whole grains, energy is released in the body in the form of sugar which assists the brain in functioning properly, keeping us alert.
Fish: omega-3 fatty acids as well as dha and epa are essential for healthy brain functioning as well as for healthy brain neurons. Include salmon, mackerel, tuna and other fish in your diet. Vegetarian? you can substitute with soybean oil and flaxseed oil.
Red wine: resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant, predominantly present in red wine protects against cell damage and alzheimer's disease. So, consuming a glass of red wine a day may actually keep memory loss at bay.
Hello I am 30 years I have 6 years girl. Now I want 2nd baby we r trying from abt 1 year bt no positive result uptil now please give me some suggestions n solution to my problem.
Do We have to regular sex between 8 to 18 days. How to know about ovulation period. Can you tell the process to know the right time of sex when we get pregnant.
I'm 24years old and my husband was 29. We are trying for a baby since 8 months. Should I use" clomid" fertility capsules. Are there any side effects regarding the use of those capsules. Also suggest me any other better fertility capsules with lesser side effects or better than" clomid"
My periods lasted for 3 days this timw with heavy bleeding on day 2. I was passing clots in blood. Day 3 it was scanty. Usually I have 5 day periods. Is it of any concern that periods lasted for 3 days when normally I have 5 days of menses.
Hi, I am 35 years old male. My wife is 28 years. We got married 5 years ago. One child born. He is 4 years old. But we had a sum family problem. Lost 7 months. So we are saparet living to gather. We don't have any physical contact and phone contact also. She lived in a pg. other place for their b ed education. She say she only comes after his education complete otter 2 years. With out permission she go away from me. With her family support. Also my son in wife's, mothers house. My question is how I control my sexual humblenes. Now a days my mind diverts other girls for sex. My question. Is it possible should she also lived with out sex for 2 years. She not agree to come back. Is it possible for both men and women (coupals) lived with out sex for long periods?
Homoeopathy and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS/PCOD)
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) is a metabolic, endocrine and reproductive disorder affecting most of the female population. The condition is defined by the presence of small fluid filled cysts present in one or both of the ovaries. These cysts interfere with the normal functioning of the ovaries.
Its clinical characteristics include hyperandrogenism, chronic anovulation, insulin resistance and infertility, obesity, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Depression and anxiety are common in women with pcos as compared with healthy women. Depression in pcos is often associated with obesity and metabolic abnormalities and did not show any significant change in pcos after treatment with oral contraceptive pills.
In conventional medical system-- metformin, oral contraceptives, anti-androgens, clomiphene citrate and thiazolidinediones are used for the management of pcos. Metformin is commonly used either alone or in combination with other medicines for the treatment of most of the clinical manifestations of pcos. However, metformin reduced hyperinsulinaemia and hyperandrogenaemia, and even shown improvements in menstrual abnormalities and resumption of ovulation, but it causes gastrointestinal intolerance i. E. Nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhoea. It is contraindicated in liver disease and other medicines also have their side effects.
Role of homoeopathy:-
Homoeopathic prescription being holistic might help in these aspects which evaluates emotional aspects along with excess body hair growth, obesity, infertility and menstrual problems. Lifestyle modification is the first line of treatment in which weight loss has done by improving psychological outcomes, reproductive and metabolic features.
Homeopathy helps in dissolving the cysts to eliminate the need for hormone therapy. In homeopathy no two women would be suggested to take the same medication. This is because every woman with pcos has a specific set of problems which need an individualistic approach. Stress management, weight control, corrective lifestyle habits along with the remedy can be of considerable help. Homeopathy can also work as a secondary treatment while one is treated with conventional medications to treat pcod. With homeopathy, when the hormonal imbalances can be kept in check, it can also help to treat infertility in women who are planning a pregnancy.