Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kadam R B
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kadam R BYour feedback matters!
Hello. My son is 6 years old. He pass urine during sleep no matter whether he sleep during daytime or night time. Kindly suggest some solution.
My Son Age 1.2 years suffering from Mild Stage of down Syndrome and have effect of growing late is dere any treatment homeopathic or alopathic which make his life very near to normal growth.
I got my 6 weeks old daughter vaccinated for DTaP with Pentaxim. She is due for her next vaccination at 10th week in 10th of September. Pentaxim is not available where I live so please suggest a substitute for the same and also advise if I can switch over to DTwP wholecell vaccine for DTP like Pentavac SD from DTaP vaccines like Pentaxim considering its cost and effectiveness. Please also suggest some good vaccines pneumonia.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
My 12 month old baby monthly he is having fever . What to do. And even the climate is also bad. Two day rain two days hot sun. because of that. I want to improve his immune power.
One of my friends is blessed with a baby and she has been advised to take vibact DS along with other medicines post c-section. By mistake she is been taking 3 capsules of vibact DS instead of one suggested at night. The kid is urinating a lot but she is all okay. What can she do to reverse the action of excess dosage?
My 6 year old son has been having 2-3 episodes of viral fever in last one month. Now that fever has come down, but he is experiencing severe nose block, heavy breathing and wheezing and very disturbing sleep at nights. We have been giving him nebulization but in vain .he keeps gasping for breath when asleep at night. He had similar issue in march 2017 and his pediatrician diagnosed it as allergic rhinitis .please help.
Hello, My baby boy is 16 months old he is weighing 14. 5 kgs and height 75 cms Is it normal? How to increase his height?
I am a 24 years old woman. We had done family planning after two babies but are now planning to another baby. Is it possible to get another baby after family planning .give me your valuable suggestion As Soon As Possible. Thank you.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?