Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. K. S. KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Some words are not pronounced clearly by me. How I can prounce the words clearly. And that disorder is from my childhood please suggest me how I should do?
Since 2013. Hallucinations are coming in my mind twice a week .but I am sleeping everyday 7 hours and when hallucinations come. Then I feel temporary unconscious and my mind tells me to kill others and my mind also tells that the world is going to end now. But I am controlling myself to stay relax. I am very scared. Please give me the best suggestions?
My girlfriend left me. Because of her father reputation. About a month ago. We sometime talk. Like twice in a week. She blocked me from whatsapp hike. I am always missing her. How to. Forget her totally . As we are in same collage. But different departments some time she goes near from my classes. How I explain? What is that feeling? Give me solution.
Hi. I am 27 years old male single. I cannot control my anger. And whenever I get angry or falls into any kind of arguments my heart beats very fast and hand and legs starts to shiver. Please help.
Hello This is rishi got my accident in 2010 which has resulted me 1 and half inch clot in frontal region of my brain I want to ask you a question After accident I never used alcohol for 2 years and had my medication to one and half year and then after stopping my medication I started using alcohol but the things got worsen and again I quited alcohol I want to know that there are any alcohol which can improve my brain function becoz, by using alcohol I am facing some memory problem how many years can take to recover my brain as earlier I am in a very depression !
I'm a software engineer. I've studied in IIIT, a complete technical university. I've been using laptop from 7 years. But now after joining into the job, I'm getting headache on small areas of my forehead. Please suggest some remedy.
I' am 25 year old male. I' m consuming lonazep tablets-0. 5 mg for depression for past two months. Now i' m feeling better and thus I have tappered the dosage to 0. 25 mg. Is it safer to consume this tablet for longer course like 3 months.
Mother feels discomfort and depressed. She doesn't get sleep although she doesn't have any sort of tension.
I am 19 years old girl and I have a problem of regular head ache? I feel very tensed and stressed due to some reasons. Is dat the reason for my headache? ND what I do to get relief.
Warning Signs of Mental Illness
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts.