Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.R ChandvaniaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor please I did a test and I had heavy growth of staphylococcus aureus , please what is the best medication to tackle this ?
I'm 18 years old, on my face especially on Cheeks and Nose there are nearly 20 to 22 pore holes. Please give valuable and fast medication without laser treatment or any other. Thanking you.
Please suggest me best oil for head massage. Actually I am suffering from hair fall and grey hair problem. Normally I shampoo my hair every Sunday and don't apply any oil. Please suggest.
I am 20 years old female and I want to get rid of my facial hairs which looks very bad on the face. Can you suggest me some treatments or medicines or creams to remove my facial hairs permanently. Thank you.
I am a 33 year old lady. I had a 3 years old little baby. My hair are so thin and also hair fall since last 3 to 4 months. I changed so many hair oils and medicines. Last year I took a diet plan, from that period I am suffering these problems. I had dandruff also but I must take precautions for it. Please suggest me how to recover this.
Which treatments should you consider to beat hair loss effectively?
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions.
Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss. Some of the most effective ones among them are
1. Platelet rich plasma therapy
Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don’t mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp gets injected by a vitamin using an injection gun to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
3. Stem cell therapy
This therapy works by replenishing the lost stem cells of the hair follicles. The process involves the scalp pores being inserted with stem cells, resulting in new hair growth. The function of stem cells here is to stimulate the mature and lifeless hair follicles, which leads to the formation of new healthy hair follicles. Generally, this therapy takes about 3 to 4 months to start the hair re-growth cycle.
4. Hair Transplant
In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. The surgeon would then remove a 3 to 4 inch strip of skin from this region, and use this strip to create hundreds of tiny grafts. These grafts are inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Mere ko left eye se black dot dekhai deta h or mere white hair bhi hote ja rahe h aisa kyu? Please answer me.
My doc gave kz shampoo every alternate days as I am on minoxidil treatment .I have started to use it but my hair becomes dry and maybe frizzy. Does oiling and hair masks appreciable during this period or what should I do .Pls help. If so recommend me some good hair roots strengthening hair packs.
I am having hair loss. What should I do? It's completely bald in the front side. Please help me out.
I am 32 year old, having bubble type internally in my skin. After consulted many doctors they said its blood fat, no way to cure or disappear. So i consult, myself with u doctor, to get a positive reply. How to cure or disappear the same.
I got some white hairs on my head and it is growing slowly-slowly what should I do help me and suggest me good shampoo for my hairs.
Doctor some days before my face was good but nowadays my face is filled with pimples and marks snd also dark circles under the eyes totally my face is now not good how can I regain my face and how can I remove those pimples pimples mark and dark circles under my eyes by hone remedies please suggest me some home remedies that can quickly give me the results and remove my problem.
Since last 7-8 months I hav pimples in my face that leaves red spot after healing. suggest the treatment n how to cure it. My skin is dry having fair complexion. I wash face with clean n clear face wash n apply ayur moisturiser twice daily. please suggest some home based treatment also for the above mentioned prblm.
A stem cell facelift includes face grafting. It is used for removing the unwanted and extra fat from an area of the body and then transfers it to the face. The fat in our body contains naturally regenerative cells. These also include blood vessel producing cells, adult stem cells and growth-secreting cells. With this facelift, the person’s own cells are infused into their superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) as well as under the facial muscles. When these meet with the aged facial tissues, they generate new and healthy tissues that give you rejuvenated skin.
Here is how this treatment is a great procedure:
- Eliminates Loose Skin: This procedure tends to reposition the patient’s tissues by adding volume and stretching skin..
- A Better Body Contour: This procedure starts with a gentle liposuction technique. It removes the unwanted fat from different parts of the body. However, the procedure only targets the stubborn fat that cannot be burnt. This is usually present in the belly, abdomen, hips or thighs. This helps the body in both ways and makes the body appear more slender.
- A More Volumized Skin: The fat that is injected, pumps the skin, making it look more youthful. It fills the hollow areas and rejuvenates the wrinkles and fat lines, giving your skin a more youthful and smooth appearance.
- Natural Looking Results: The treatment does not make a person’s face look artificial or out of place. It only remodels it in a natural way. The previous surgical techniques used to cut the skin, pull it tight ,therefore it used to appear artificial and plastic-like. With the stem cell facelift, a lot of volumes is added to the skin however, it fits the hollow areas and the wrinkles are smoothened but the skin is not pulled as tightly as before. It makes your skin look youthful and plump.
- Less Bruising and Faster Recovery: The conventional facelift methods use scissors and scalpels and it can cause a lot of bruising and bleeding. This stem cell treatment, however, uses an electric knife and it stops the bleeding and cuts. It also helps in a faster recovery.
- Customized Treatment: Unlike the conventional methods, this treatment can be customized according to a patient’s need and medical history. Only the areas they need should be rejuvenated, are treated.
A stem cell facelift is obviously better than other facelifts. However, surgeons these days only operate on specific cases where it is genuinely required and not just for simple beautification reasons the same. Procedures like this might cause a lot of money hence; the requirements should be taken into account accordingly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.