Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Kulkarni
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from chest disease from last three months and I have use so many medicines but no result so I want to best best result for you.
Mai Dr. Rakesh Kumar, MBBS, MD, DM, Neurology profession, Consultant Neurologist, Yashoda Hospital and Brain Clinic. Aaj apko stroke ke bare me kuch btaunga. Iska mukhye lakshan achanak sharir ke kisis hisse me kamjori aa jana ya achanak lgatar ulti shuru ho jana. Lagatar chakkar aate rehna ya gambhir or bayankar sir me dard hona stroke ke lakshan ho skte hain. Basically stroke 2 parkar ka hota hai. Ek ischemic stroke joke dimag me khoon ki kami ki vjha se hota hai or dusra hemorrhagic stroke joki dimag me khoon ki adhik matra yani nus fatne ki vjha se hota hai. Stroke ke mukhye karan diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, alcohol ka sewan ya fir smoking ya fir kbhi sharir me chot lgi ho ya fir brain ki nason me abnormal parivartan ho.
Yadi hum upchar ke bare me charcha kren hemorrhagic stroke yanike, dimag ki nus fatne ka mukhye upchar hai, patient ko bharti kra jaye or yadi hemorrhage chota ho to OPD me treat kia ja skta hai. Admit krne ka baad uske blood pressure ko bhali bhanti control kia jata hai. Or hemorrhage ki vjha se jo bhi complications ho rhen hain jaise hath-pair me koi kami aa jaye to uski physiotherapy ki jaye. Usko khane peene me kami aa rhi ho to uska dhyan rkha jaye. Anyatha pneumonia ho skta hai. Kisi bhi ghav ka proper ilaj kia jaye. Yanike jo bhi complications hon use thik kia jaye. Ischemic stroke yanike dimag me khoon ki kami ke bare me to ye dimag ki nason me khoon ki kami ki vjha se hota hai. Ye blockage chahe vo heart se gya ho, chahe veh galle ki nason se gya ho, ya dimag ki nason me ho, vo khoon ko bnad kar deta hai. Aise patients ko turant bharti kraya jana chaiye. Or unka CT scan krana chaiye.
Or CT scan se ye dekhna chaiye ki dimag me koi bleeding to nhi hai. Iske baad ek special injection lgaya jata hai joki kewal 4.5 hours me hi lgaya ja skta hai. Yadi 4.5 hours se jyada ho gya ho to or bhi vidhi hai jaise khoon me direct injection lgane ka ya fir surgery ke dwara us clot ko remove kia ja skta hai. Yadi hum bachav ke bare me charcha kren to sabse pehle humko niyamit roop se vayayam krna chaiye. Khane me namak ki matra ko kam rkhna chaiye, sugar or blood pressure ka proper ilaj krana chaiye or samay rehte doctor se check-up krna chaiye. Cholesterol ka ilaj krana chaiye. Isis parkar smoking, alcohol ya or koi bad habit ho to use avoid krna chaiye. Quki ilaj hi stroke ka sarawotam ilaj hai.
I am 34 years old. What is the symptoms of heart attack. That time what can first aid do. Next one .what is the problem problem of heart failure?
My 24 years son chest x-ray report read as follow there is cardiomegaly seen, and the cardiothoracic ratio of 16: 29 are this dangers Dr. He is studying in australia, he wants to do eco test after 4 months it ok Dr. Please advise me.
HI, My weight is 75 Kg I am about 38 year old. My height is 5'*10". I can't stand continue 2-4 hours. Also my BP continues running high. So tell me what I can do?
What is High Blood Pressure?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition caused when the force of the blood against the arterial walls exceeds drastically than what it normally is. A blood pressure reading exceeding 140/90 over a prolonged period of time is considered to be ‘high blood pressure’ or diagnosed as ‘hypertension’.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is characterized by extremely high levels of blood glucose (blood sugar) in the body, either due to the insufficient secretion of insulin by the pancreas or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. This makes your body unable to break down the sugars. At first glance, these two conditions seem completely unrelated, but, according to certain studies, the two conditions do have similar outcomes and could be inter-dependent.
According to the American Diabetes Association, the combination of hypertension and type 2 diabetes is particularly lethal and can significantly raise a person's risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Having type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure also increases your chances of developing other diabetes-related diseases, such as kidney disease, and retinopathy (eye blood vessels), which may cause blindness. There is substantial overlap between diabetes and hypertension, reflecting substantial overlap in their etiology and disease mechanisms. Genetic structure, Obesity, inflammation, oxidative stress, and insulin resistance are thought to be the common pathways. A prospective cohort study in the United States reported that type 2 diabetes mellitus was almost 2.5 times as likely to develop in subjects with hypertension as in subjects with normal blood pressure.
In the Hong Kong Cardiovascular Risk Factor Prevalence Study, only 42% of people with diabetes had normal blood pressure and only 56% of people with hypertension had normal glucose tolerance. There are many minor lifestyle changes that can lower your blood pressure and blood sugar. A brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes every day, or any aerobic activity can make your heart healthier. In addition to lowering blood pressure and blood sugar, physical activity can strengthen the heart muscle and may reduce arterial stiffness. You may need minor modifications in your diet like, cutting out sugar salt, high-fat meats etc. You can take several servings of vegetables, low-fat dairy products, leans meats and fish or meat substitutes, fruits, whole (not processed) foods, whole-grain pastas, breads, and brown rice etc. While some people can improve their type 2 diabetes and hypertension with lifestyle changes, most require medication.
Depending on their overall health, some people may need more than one medication to reduce their risk. Consult your doctor to choose best possible medicines for your diabetes and / or blood pressure control. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Menopause is the loss of a woman's natural ability to conceive as she approaches the age of 50. The levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone begin to drop disrupting the ovulation and menstruation cycles. There are also associated symptoms of menopause, such as weigh gain, low sex drive and hot flashes. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Here are 5 other problems you may experience after menopause:
- Increased level of cholesterol: The human body comprises two types of cholesterol primarily: High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL). The former is known as "good cholesterol". Estrogen helps to keep your HDL high and LDL low. After menopause, the levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol" naturally go up even if HDL levels remain unaltered. Regular physical exercise can prevent the rise in the levels of LDL.
- Dry skin: Estrogen is responsible for controlling the production of oil in your body. As estrogen levels fall, the oil secretion falls too. This leads to dry and scaly skin, especially skin of the face and arms. You can use moisturizers and creams to prevent flaking of the skin.
- Hair fall: This is also a result of dry skin. The skin of the scalp dries up and cannot provide nourishment to the hair. This causes hair fall. The variability in the levels of the hormones also causes deficiency of certain proteins that are essential for the nails and hair. Use mild herbal shampoos to deal with the problem. Chemical treatment procedures often do more harm than good.
- Unsocial tendencies: The irregularities in the production of the female hormones have an impact on your emotional and social behavior. You may want to spend more and more time by yourself instead of socializing with friends and relatives. These are not symptoms of depression or any other psychological condition. It is simply an emotional transference period.
- Drowsiness: While insomnia is one of the most symptoms of menopause, the situation somewhat reverses after some time. Menopause causes changes in the body weight, hormone cycles and metabolism. All of these, in turn, affect your energy levels. You feel extremely sleepy during the day, especially in the afternoon. However, sleeping during the day can cause sleeping problems at night. So, do not take a nap for more than half an hour during the day.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.