Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Dekate
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti DekateYour feedback matters!
A stinging pain in the neck that makes you feel broken from the neck joint could be a reason to worry. It is often accompanied by an aching head or a throbbing shoulder joint. Neck pain, such as this occurs due to an injury in the area resulting from sudden back and forth movement of the neck. It is referred to as whiplash as the nature of the pain and subsequent discomfort resembles the snapping of a whip. The pain is more like a sprain, but not exactly so. This can affect athletes or even any person in general who has faced an accident in recent past. Whiplash is characterized by a tearing of ligaments and tendons that connect one bone to another.
Causes of Whiplash:
- Sports that involve contact: Any extracurricular activity involving collisions or other forms of physical contact can cause neck injuries. Football and rugby players frequently suffer from Whiplash.
- Road accidents: Public transport has a host of disadvantages. Reckless driving can make the tendons of your neck tear. Auto accidents cause immense strain on your neck; it can also lead to Whiplash.
- Any kind of physical abuse: If you have gotten into a violent fight with someone your neck could suffer from a Whiplash. Instances of physical abuse where the neck is jerked or punched at can also result in neck strains. Domestic violence often leads to instances of neck strains.
Symptoms related to this condition:
- You may or may not suffer from tinnitus. Tinnitus is a physical disorder where you hear ringing sounds. It is quite distracting.
- Your vision might get blurry.
- You can experience irregular sleep patterns.
- You can find it hard to concentrate on any one thing for more than a while.
- You can grow irritable at the drop of a hat.
- Your memory may fail you. You might find it next to impossible to trace back a day's activity.
Some of the other direct symptoms are:
- Your neck might turn stiff preventing you from moving it left, right, up or down.
- Pangs of pain can be felt in and around your shoulders.
- Your upper arms can grow numb and tender.
- Your head can spin repeatedly or you could feel dizzy.
- Whiplash can also result in serious fatigue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.
EXERCISES IN PRONE LYING AND KNEELING
He is asked to lift sound arm so that all pressure comes to the affected side. Poor balance and arm support on left affected side. Rocking backwards and forward , balancing on affected knee.
Weight is on affected side but note slight retraction on affected side.
EXERCISES IN SITTING
Weight bearing on the affected upper limb:
The therapist sits behind the patient and maintains the arm in slight abduction and extension with elbow extension. The patient should be encouraged to weight bear with the arm in this position. As the patient improves the support given by the therapist should be gradually reduced.Facilitating weight transmission through affected side.
- This exercises help the patient to achieve scapular elevation. The therapist may place her hand on the shoulder girdle to give a tactile input.
- Touching the opposite shoulder and placing the hand on sacrum: The patient is trained to touch the opposite shoulder in supination and then take it behind the back as far across as possible to the opposite side.
- In sitting position some exercises for the hand can be given emphasizing more on the extension components.
- Visual feedback exercises like holding a paper glass with water in it such that the water level should not increase or holding a clay mould without causing hand impression are some of the ways to train control of the hand.
- Supination- pronation by keeping the elbow flexed at 90 degree.
- Knee extension and flexion of knee: The patient should be asked to flex the knee by taking the foot as much as possible below the chair and then straightening it.
- Getting up: The patient is trained to perform getting up by moving the foot closer to the chair, bending forward, holding the hand rest and then getting up.
- Vestibular exercises: The patient may be made to sit on the vestibular ball to improve the balance and also normalize the tone of the trunk. Vestibular ball may be used to exercise the upper extremities mainly to achieve control at the proximal joint and facilitate extension of the fingers through stimulation of the proprioceptors at all the joints of the upper limb.
I had sex with my girlfriend 8 days ago and she started vomiting today. .is it the symptom of pregnancy? The sex was unprotected but sperm ejaculation was outside of vagina and this happened on her safe days just after her period date.
I am 43 year old woman. have swelling in my left armpit. It is painless. It is soft and tender I took a mammogram yesterday. In the result it is given as no abnormality detected. But in breast composition it is given as heterogeneouslydense which may obscure small masses. Is it breast cancer? i am having this swelling for the past two months. Please help me to know what is my problem.
Hello doctor I was on homeopathic medicine I was getting may periods regular but now I have started taking normoz medicine but having severe pain In my lower abdomen. I treated my pcod with yamini for 2 years but my periods were not regular after that now I am on normoz and the pain is quite unbearable. Should I continue taking normoz?
If I wanted to know each any every information about upcoming baby which test should I prefer whether it is triple marker or quadruple marker screen test?
Hello sir, my wife 29 and me 43 years old. Every time after end of her periods we did sex 4 to 5 days, My wife period end 3rd February. Tonight after sex she said pain inside vagina, why it's happened, please help, thank you.
Whole soy foods can protect against disease,
Provide nutritional benefits, and taste great in a
Variety of dishes! learn what makes soy so
Healthful, and ways to use this versatile food.
One of the healthiest changes you can make to
Your diet is to incorporate whole soy foods on a
Regular basis. Soy:
1. Is rich in protein, iron and compounds called
Isoflavones, which seem to protect against
Hormone-driven cancers such as prostate cancer
In men and breast cancer in women.
2. Helps protect your heart.
3. May help protect against lung cancer.
I recommend one to two daily servings of soy in
Relatively whole and unrefined forms such as a
Half-cup of tofu, tempeh, green soybeans
(edamame) or roasted soy nuts. You can also
Easily swap meat for tofu in dishes - baked tofu
Works well as a meat replacement in fajitas, stir
Fries and casseroles.