Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Bapaye
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti BapayeYour feedback matters!
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang
In this stretch, your starting position is when you stand with your legs apart and then you lock your fingers together and place them behind your back. Once this is done, you breathe in. After breathing in, you have to exhale by bending forward and keeping your hands interlocked above your head. You have to hold this position for 5 seconds.
4. The low lunge arch
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
What if I have a lump in breast and getting pain sometimes and feeling itching around breast. Is it a symptom of breast cancer or it may indicate that I may get breast cancer.
Had sex with my gf 2 days after her periods ended, ipill given within time, had single day bleeding, now her period is late by 10 days still no sign of periods. Is she pregnant? Plzz help!
My wife's right ovary 3.6x3.5x2 cm= 13. 6 cc Left ovary 4.7x3.7x2. 2 cm=20. 2 cc is this both ovary are normal and if not then what have to do and my wife is having pain in vagina became more sometimes. So please give some tips for it.
Hormones are important messengers that play a pivotal role in the proper functioning of your body. Any imbalance in the hormonal level can throw life in jeopardy. Hormonal imbalance can affect a person physically, mentally as well as emotionally. In the present competitive world, with so much stress and anxiety, hormonal imbalance is on the rise. It can affect both men and women.
Factors responsible for hormonal imbalance in men and women
Many factors, either individually or collectively can affect and disrupt the hormonal balance in a person. The most common factors triggering a hormonal imbalance include
- Physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Menopause (in women) and Andropause (in men).
- Drugs and alcohol abuse.
- Unhealthy eating habits, leading to inflammation.
- Lack of any physical activity.
- Obesity, Type-2 Diabetes.
- The Endocrine gland does not function properly (due to an injury or an infection or old age). Hormonal imbalance may be age related. Certain chemicals (Diethylstilbestrol, DDT, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, Dioxin) also have the potential to disrupt the Endocrine function.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:
Some of the characteristic symptoms of hormonal imbalance include
- A sudden change in body weight (weight gain or weight loss).
- Anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- Hair loss followed by thinning of hair.
- Irregular menses.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- The appetite undergoes a change.
- A person may face digestive problems.
- Insomnia and extreme fatigue.
- Decreased libido.
Doctors may adopt any of the following treatments for hormonal imbalance
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): This treatment helps women to deal with menopause better. During and after menopause, the levels of estrogen and progesterone, particularly, go for a toss. This therapy aims at maintaining the hormonal balance by replacing the hormones your body either fails to produce or synthesizes in very little quantity.
- Following a healthy lifestyle go a long way in improving the hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise regularly. Meditation, breathing exercise, cycling, morning and evening walks are great stress busters.
- Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine intake. Refrain from smoking.
- Avoid taking birth control pills.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Include avocados, egg yolk, gelatin, carrots, coconut oil into your diet.
- People with hormonal imbalance can benefit from Omega-3 fatty. Walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, olive oil are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Ayurveda and herbal medicines have helped many people with hormonal imbalance.
- Some medications may help to improve hormonal imbalance (strictly on doctor recommendation).
- In extreme cases, surgery may be recommended.
Health risks associated with hormonal imbalance:
Hormonal imbalance can have adverse effect on the health resulting in
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): PCOS is characterized by irregular menses, infertility, hirsutism, hair fall, acne and weight gain. Women of reproductive age are mainly affected by PCOS.
- Low libido, tiredness, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, mood swings, and irritability (due to low level of testosterone hormone)
- Thyroid problems (Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism and Grave's disease).
- Hormonal imbalance may also cause Diabetes and Adrenal failure.
- Irregular periods, mood swings, infertility, decreased sexual desire (low levels of estrogen hormone).