Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothi DobleYour feedback matters!
My son does not eat properly. Bt he sleeps for a long time. He studies in l. Kg standard n wen sleeps in d event he wakes up in mng. In d meanwhile he takes sm milk vd feeder n nothing else. We it affect his health. Shud he sleep for a long tm.
My son is 8 yrs old, his mouse stinks whenever he wake up in the morning, very bad smell is coming from his mouth, please tell me any good tooth paste or any other thing that can permanently remove the bad odour from his mouth
My daughter, 1 years 2mths old, fell down on floor last night while standing and from her front tooth blood started coming. Later we noticed her left front teeth chipped n since mouthing I am noticing she is not able to bite my finger when I am putting it in her mouth and shouting jus by trying to cut it.
Hello. My daughter is 2 years and 3 months old. Her weight is 13 kg. She usually has hard stools during hot whether. I give her rava porridge or upma in break fast, vegetable dal khichdi in lunch and dinner. She has variety of snacks in the evening like ragi porridge, noodles, upma, bread slices, many more. She drinks 1.5 litres of water. She takes milk sometimes but not regularly. Whenever she eats but if carrot hard stools is a sure shot thing to happen. In cold whether she passes stools regularly.
I have kid aged 1.3 years, when ever he had some junk food outside, he will get loose motions continuously for days together. Sometimes he feels burning there. Sometimes not. We used to apply easy nappy ointment also. So kindly Suggest a good homeopathy medicine for this. Thank you.
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is an essential nutrient for formation of Hemoglobin, which transports Oxygen and Carbon dioxide through the bloodstream and it is also essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiency of it causes anemia specific to iron.
Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
My son age-5 before 1 Month he was suffered with chicken pox thats why he getting marks on whole body please give me some suggestion to remove stains from his body its looking very badly and got wholes also.
My 8 years old son gets cough and cold often what is the correct medicine for him he has breathing problem to he has mild heart valve problem with. Doctor said not to worry he his not taking any medicine for it.
My baby 7 month old n avi use himalaya baby oil patanjali body wash gel lagta h so uska skin dark ho rha h n pair ka ski kafi dry fata hua rukha pan lag raha so please suggest me best for bath n best baby oil n kya lotion v use karna h bcz my baby is fair but wo dark ho raha h skin dark ho rha h.
My son got dry skin, situation aggrieved by change of season, will consumption of Aloe Vera juice will help in skin moisturizing.
I have pitta from last two days and breastfed my baby (8 month old). Can I take avil in this. Is there any side effect while breastfeeding.
Our teeth are most definitely, vital for our living. Our everyday choices, pertaining to our lifestyle would call for changes, adjustments and lots of sacrifices without them. Though, a number of replacement options are available for the people with missing teeth, the most recommended are dental implants. Ask why?
They are simply the ideal solution due to their look and feel, which is similar to the natural teeth.
What happens if replacement is not considered?
To prevent the nasty repercussions from occurring, it is necessary that any missing teeth are replaced in time. Though, the symptoms of problems due to missing teeth only appear to be superficial in the early stages, the long term effects may certainly prove to be quite severe.
Some of the short term consequences of missing teeth are as follows:
- People with missing teeth tend to feel self-conscious or even embarrassed at times, while they talk to others or smile.
- Problem in speech is a common issue that may arise due to tooth loss.
- When teeth are missing, people find it difficult to consume some certain food types. These may include ones which contain some essential nutrients, hence leading to possible malnutrition.
- Increased wear or stress can also lead to the weakening of the teeth that are remaining.
- People with tooth loss find it difficult to chew the food properly.
- When teeth are missing, there is movement of the teeth that remain, to compensate for the gap places created. This leads to ugly looking gap teeth.
Though, these were the short term issues, the major consequence of not getting any lost teeth replaced is the gradual bone loss. Our teeth are firmly embedded in the jaw bone. Chewing and biting are the constant uses, which are required by the jaw bone to remain hale and hearty as well as active. You may believe it or not, be it at the beginning or at the end; the major focus is not on the teeth, but on the bones.
Maintaining form as well as density of the bone requires regular stimulation, coming from the teeth, as mentioned above. The contact with teeth causes small stresses, which the periodontal ligament transmits to the bone and prompts its continual rebuilding as well as remodelling. When any missing teeth are not replaced, it leads to the gradual deterioration in the jaw bones, over time. This not only results in facial shape changes but also will eventually burn a huge hole in your pockets, as increased complications will also lead to increased costs required for rectifying the problems.
So, now it's up to you. Choose healthy and wise. Go for teeth replacement at the earliest, if and when, need arises.
My son is suffering from cold and cough past 2 days. I am giving him sporidex 2.5 ml 3 times a day. Any remedies for cough? please suggest.
Dear Dr. My son is 6 year old. Now he is in 2nd standard since April 2017. From last one year, he is not writing anything in all subject. Teachers always complains about it. But he is not listening to teachers as well as us. He talks & understand well. We tried a lot at home for writing practice, but no results. His concentration towards writing is almost Nil. Please give the suggestion that how to come out from this problem.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.