Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Juhi Bajaj
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Juhi BajajYour feedback matters!
I recently had laparoscopy on 29th of June .my last period was on 21st June Still I didn't get my period. Hpt says negative. I had mild spotting on 17th of July for 2 hrs. Could I be pregnant should I go for blood test.
Sir/mam I got married in 2013. I got operated in Jan this year for fissure. I take too much of stress n it's beyond my control. So I ended up and did operation. Now slight pain is like always there n sometimes it seems severe. I take (aloevera juice) as laxative every day before bed. Can I ever get rid of this pain. N pls suggest me diet that could help. I wud b grateful. N there is brown blood discharge for like 10_12 days after my period. Quantity is very less like one two drops. Is there anything to worry?
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi, I have daughter age 8 years and I want to know, we can safe from mensuration because this is time when some girls start her mensuration so what help us to extend the mensuration cycle and which type if food we give to her so its help in delay the mensuration cycle and please recommend the food which help for her growth.
I am 45 days late in my period and my urine preg test is negative. I went to the doctor and she said utreus is normal and gave some tables. After having for 2 days, no change. I had papaya juice the previous month and I got my periods at 30 days. Shld I take any test. I already have 2 kids.
She had a period on Oct 7 & last menstrual on 13th Nov n she too med primolut -n now till date her period is not started n wat is d reason behind her?
I have a boil type on the outer ring of my right nipple and is very painful please suggest the reason and treatment for relieving pain and its been 2days. I have been applying Valbet but it has not decreased the pain.
We are all looking for ways that will help us to lose weight quickly. But while trying to lose weight in a hurry, we should ensure that the various measures we are taking to lose weight are safe too. Best dietician in india says that,to lose weight quickly and safely, a proper plan is needed. Here are a few things that you can do that will ensure weight loss quickly as well as safely:
- Cut back on the junk
Junk food contains lots of empty calories that make us to put on weight. So, if you wish to lose weight quickly then you must totally cut back on the junk food. Eat healthy instead. Instead of having junk, eat a healthy home-cooked meal. This will help you a long way in losing weight.
2. Plan your meals
Make a plan of what you are going to eat. Planning your meals will help you in keeping track of all the food that you have had and all that you are going to have. The meal plans should be calorie controlled. You can make use of the internet for this purpose or you can also refer various books that will guide you in planning meals effectively.
3. Increase water consumption
Increase the amount of water that you are drinking daily. Drinking lots of water is associated with weight loss. Drinking a glass of water before your meal will make you fell satiated and hence you will consume fewer calories during the meal.
4. Consult a nutritionist/ dietician
A doctor or a dietician will guide you better on what to eat when you are trying to lose weight. They can help you make a better diet plan that suits your body.
Being productive physically is very important to lose weight. Make it a point to exercise at least 5-6 times a week. You can go for a walk or a jog. Or you can join a sport that you like. Or you can go cycling. Yoga and other exercises can also be performed. Work out for at least 45 minutes to an hour daily.
Best dietician in Lucknow says that, follow the above tips to lose weight quickly and safely. But most importantly, be a little patient.
Sanitary pads or tampons or any other menstrual protection products should be changed at regular intervals as their prolonged usage can cause risk of infection and toxic shock syndrome (tss). It can also cause irritation, rashes and burning on the skin.
Hi I have got physical with a guy on 14 July .didn't take precaution. N then after were not even sure. My menses date was 26 July. Today is 3 August. Still I haven't got menses. Even did pregnancy test through prega news. On 28july it was negative. Pls advice me properly wht should I do? I am very much depressed.
Sir this time I haven't pcod or any cyst in ovary pls suggest me did I continue medicine or not I take also glycomet for pcod.
I am 27 year old female. Experiencing vaginal itching with discharge which is white odourless. The itching is not intense nor throughout the day nor the discharge is always only sometimes and now since yesterday there is this slight burning sensation feeling. Why is this happening. Please help.
For quick results do following:
1. Diet- take one fruit diet, only banana, for 2weeks. You can eat as many ripe bananas as you wish but you don't have to take anything else in diet.
(banana is fiber rich & high nutrient fruit with a no. Of health benefits. This would detoxify your body and help loose weight naturally).
Rest enough as your body will go through deep detox and restoration.
2. Drink plenty of luke warm water, up to 3 ltrs per day.
3. Exercise- kapalbhati pranayama empty stomach (starting with10 min) followed by brisk running, aerobics & following yogasanas:
-cobra pose (bhujang asana)
-bow pose (dhanurasana)
-boat pose (naukasana)
-wind relieving pose (pavanamuktasana)
-sun salutation (surya namaskar)
4. Take 5cloves of garlic with lukewarm water empty stomach (morning).