Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Joshi.A.MYour feedback matters!
I have very dark circles under my eyes and lips area. What to do for making my face glow like never before ?
Sir I have hair fall problem last 3-4year and I have try lots of medicine like mintop 5%. Hair bless etc.
Is marrying maternal uncle's daughter safe in terms of baby's health? I have read about mutation from wedding cross cousins, although it is a common practice of wedding.
My son was 23 months old, he is suffering from heavy cold, since last night. Is there any home remedies. Please suggest me.
I am 18 years old. But I did not look like that I am too weak. I do not have perfect body. I am small and thin. And my weight is 32 kg. What I have to do to become tall and healthy?
Hi doc last few days I am suffering back pain. When I ride bike so long time. So please advice me what can I do to resolve my problem. I am a sales manager.
Your heart isn't one of the most important organs of your body, just like that. But it is nowadays, in constant danger with the rampant growth of heart disease, a leading cause of deaths around the world. Apart from your lifestyle choices, what you consume on a regular basis has a huge impact on the health of your heart. Unhealthy foods are the main reason the world is fatter and sicker than ever before. Surprisingly, some of these foods are considered healthy by many people.
Here are 6 health foods that are really junk foods in disguise:
- Processed 'Low-Fat' and 'Fat-Free' Foods: The 'war' on saturated fats is the biggest mistake in the history of nutrition. It was based on weak evidence, which has now been completely debunked. When this started, processed food manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and started removing the fat from foods. But there is a huge problem, food tastes horrible when the fat has been removed. That's why they added a whole bunch of sugar to compensate. Saturated fat is harmless, but added sugar is incredibly harmful when consumed in excess. The words 'low-fat' or 'fat-free' on a packaging usually mean that it is a highly processed product that is loaded with sugar.
- Fruit Juices, Which are Basically Just Liquid Sugar: A lot of people believe fruit juices to be healthy. They must be, because they come from fruit, right? But a lot of the fruit juices you find in the supermarket isn't really fruit juice. Sometimes, there isn't even any actual fruit in there, just chemicals that taste like fruit. What you are drinking is basically just fruit flavoured sugar water. That being said, even if you are drinking 100% quality fruit juice, it is still a bad idea. Fruit juice is like fruit, except with all the good stuff (like the fibre) taken out, the main thing left of the actual fruit is the sugar. If you didn't know, fruit juice actually contains a similar amount of sugar as a sugar sweetened beverage.
- Heart Healthy & Whole Wheat: Most whole wheat products are not really made from whole wheat. The grains have been pulverized into very fine flour, making them raise blood sugar just as fast as their refined counterparts. In fact, whole wheat bread can have a similar glycemic index as white bread. But even true whole wheat may be a bad idea, because modern wheat is unhealthy as compared to the wheat our grandparents ate. There are studies showing that modern wheat may cause inflammation and increased cholesterol levels, at least when compared to the older varieties. Whereas, wheat may have been a relatively healthy grain back in the day, the stuff most people are eating today is best avoided.
- Margarine: Butter was demonized back in the day, due to the high saturated fat content. Various health experts started promoting margarine instead. Back in the day, margarine used to be high in trans fats. These days, it has less trans fats than before, but is still loaded with refined vegetable oils. Margarine is not a food, it is an assembly of chemicals and refined oils that have been made to look and taste like food. If you want to improve your health, eat real butter, but avoid processed margarine and other fake foods like the plague.
- Vegetable Oils: We are often advised to eat seed and vegetable oils. This includes Soybean oil, Canola oil and numerous others. This is based on the fact that these oils have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels, at least in the short term. However, it is important to keep in mind that blood cholesterol is a risk factor and not a disease in itself. Even though vegetable oils can improve a risk factor, there is no guarantee that they will help prevent actual hard endpoints like heart attacks or death, which is what really counts. In fact, several controlled trials have shown that despite lowering cholesterol, these oils can increase the risk of death from both heart disease and cancer. So eat healthy, natural fats like ghee, cold pressed coconut oil, cold pressed sesame oil, cold pressed mustard oil and olive oil, but avoid processed vegetable oils as if your life depended on it (it does).
- Most Processed Breakfast Cereals: The way some breakfast cereals are marketed, is a disgrace. Many of them, including those that are marketed towards children, have all sorts of health claims plastered on the box. This includes misleading things like 'whole grain' or 'low fat'. But when you actually look at the ingredients list, you see that it is almost nothing, but refined grains, sugar and artificial chemicals. The truth is, if the packaging of a food says that it is healthy, then it probably is not. The truly healthy foods are those that do not need any health claims like whole, single ingredient foods. Real food doesn't even need an ingredient list, because real food is the ingredient.
Hello doctor I am 25 year male, I have been facing a problem for 2 month. When I talk to my gf, I feel that my penis is going to erected. And a transparent liquid comes. I have not done sex. What is this? If is it any problem. So please suggest me how can I get rid of.
Hi, while doing sex ,my penis do not tighten or erect at full and sperm comes out. While when I masturbate the penis gets tighten. Please let me the solution for this.
Hello. Doctor I have a regular problem of loose motion. An average of 3-4 times a day. Sometimes its in aqueos & thick liquid & sometimes its fine. I also feels a normal pain in the down part of my stomach. I have also tried the Hydrochloride retard capsules & Rentac but not get cured yet.
I am suffering from allergies. I don't know what triggers it but every now and then it gets worst and worst if I start scratching. I get red bumps like something on the skin.
I have diabetes since last 2 years. Can you please suggest diet plan and lifestyle to keep it under control. I am taking both allopathic and ayurvedic medicine.
Hello doctor, this is rani I am very seriously suffering from hair fall problem. Please suggest any remedies.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
Ayurveda is a popular form of alternative medicine. This system of medication not only treats physical ailments, but also takes care of complete mental and spiritual well-being of a person. According to Ayurveda, the human body is made up to dhatus or tissues, malas or waste products and doshas or energies.
These doshas can be categorised as vata, pitta and kapha dosha. These tridoshas influence all activities of the mind and body, ranging from sensory functions, cell transformations and removal of waste products.
This is the most important of all three energies in the body and is made up primarily of air and ether elements. It drives the other two energies and a vata imbalance can cause imbalance in the other two doshas as well. Vata assists with all the metabolic functions of the body and controls the mental and physical movements both voluntary and involuntary, such as breathing and muscle contraction. It also controls the elimination of bodily waste through sweat, urine and faeces.
Pitta is made up of fire and water elements and is associated with fire element. The pitta also controls metabolism and digestion processes and assists in maintaining the body’s internal temperature. Pitta helps convert external images into optic nerve impulses and hence helps with vision. It is even associated with appetite and the colour and texture of skin. Pitta also helps with comprehension of information and giving a person courage to face situations.
This dosha is shows a predominance of earth and water elements. Kapha gives the body structure and lubrication and helps balance the movement of vata energies and metabolism of pitta energies. Kapha gives a person physical strength and provides mass and structure to the tissues of the body. It also grounds the mind and body and helps with fertility and virility. By providing lubrication, kapha prevents friction in the joints and helps the limbs move smoothly.
Balancing the tridoshas is crucial to the overall health of a person. Each of the doshas has certain properties that determine the type of illness an imbalance of the doshas can cause. While the vata dosha is cold, dry, and rough and has the ability to penetrate through fine particles, pitta is hot, sharp, sour or foul smelling and light. Kapha is cool yet heavy and dense, oily and slimy. These imbalances can be triggered by natural causes, such as age and seasonal changes and unnatural causes like inappropriate diets and lifestyles and traumatic events. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.