Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayashree PanditYour feedback matters!
I work in night shift and due to that having dark circus. Also my skin looking so dull now days, there is no shin in skin. Please advice.
The skin is the largest organ of the body and for our overall health, it is important to ensure that it remains in good health. In the last few decades various cancers of the skin have been on the rise which has become a point of concern for medical professionals worldwide. A simple spot on your skin could be the very first sign of skin cancer and thus it is helpful to be armed with knowledge about this subject.
Types of skin cancer
Skin cancers are primarily categorized into one of three types:
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Although the types of cancer are different, they have similar symptoms that you can look out for. Analyzing your skin spots or lesions for tell tale signs can tell you whether it needs to be checked out by a doctor or not. Let's look at some of them:
- The shades or colors of the patch: Cancerous skin cells will have various colors on them and may be pink or white in certain areas while being brown or black in other areas.
- The spot or lesion will always be changing: If the spot or growth on your skin is cancerous it will constantly change size shape or form as well as color.
- Almost always asymmetrical shape: Cancerous growth on your skin will tend to be irregular in shape and one side of it will not be similar to the other.
- The shape or borders of the spot: If the lesion or spot on your skin is jagged, quite irregular in shape or the sides are blurred then this may be a sign of a cancerous growth.
- Tenderness of the spots or the lesions: These spots can be painful, tender, itchy and also have redness in the area surrounding it. It could even be oozing or bleeding although this depends from patient to patient.
- Horn like growths: Certain form of skin spots or lesions will grow into small horn like growth on the skin and feel like nails. This is due to the excess presence of keratin which is found in nails and may be an indicator for skin cancer.
- Moles that change shape, size or color: If you have developed a mole and it keeps changing its color, size and edges it could be clear sign of melanoma. In such cases it is best to get it checked by your doctor.
Skin cancers are easily treatable if diagnosed early and have a high chance of being cured, but it is also important for you to self diagnose any spots or areas of concern so that you can take appropriate action in time.
Hi doctor What tests of allergy can diagnose the type or reason of allergy for hives. I am suffering from itchy bumps all over my body since an year.
I have faced with accident 6 months ago then I got scar on my face so give me good medicine to remove my scar permanently.
My name is Anil and my age is 19 years. I have a problem on my face. On the down of my eyes there are so many yellow spots. I tried so many creams and soaps on these but my skin is not well. So please give me advice that so my skin will be fare.
I have dark spots on my face. And I am in a need of sunscreen to glow up my skin. Wat should I use to clear my dark spots of my face and which sunscreen should I use?
My wife had bad hair fall and front side of head is too light wich medicine she should take for new natural hair age 28.
I have a problem of hair fall from last two years my hair going finished so please tell me the medicines.
Homeopathy is the system of medicine in which ailments are treated by minimal doses of natural substances. It attacks and cures the root cause of the ailment without causing side effects. To deal with skin disease, it not only studies the skin type but also takes into account a complete analysis of the mind, genetic factors and the condition of the immune system. Homeopathy just doesn’t treat the symptoms, but delves inside the body and takes on the root cause behind the symptoms.
Homeopathy is effective in treating various skin problems, such as eczema, rashes, allergic dermatitis, Uriticaria, Psoriasis, Lichen Planus and other variants, Lichen Planus and other variants, Chronic and recurring bacterial infections, Chronic and recurring bacterial infections, Fungus infections, Vitiligo, acne, Dandruff, hair loss and many other skin ailments.
Dr Rushali Angchekar
Laser skin tightening is a procedure that uses laser to enhance the appearance of the skin and treat minor facial flaws. This procedure is performed with the help of two types of lasers: ablative and non-ablative. Ablative laser is used to remove thin layers of skin, while a non-ablative laser is the one which causes growth of collagen and tightens the skin underneath.
Non-ablative laser is less invasive and requires less time to recover, although it's less effective than laser resurfacing, which is done with an ablative laser.
A laser tightening skin procedure can decrease fines lines on the face, making you look younger and giving a smooth appearance to your skin. It can also be used to treat uneven skin tone and improve your complexion, besides helping the treatment of sunburns and scars to a certain extent.
This procedure is usually used to treat:
- Liver or age spots
- Skin damage caused by sun rays
- Scars caused due to accidents, chicken pox or severe acne
- Irregular or uneven skin tone or texture
Before performing the procedure a doctor is likely to check your:
- Medical history - Doctors cross check your current and previous medical history, including medications and medical conditions.
- Physical examination - A skin test is very common prior to performing such a surgery.
After the procedure is carried out, you may encounter initial minor problems like acne, itching, swelling or redness.
You may be advised to take medications and avoid direct exposure to sunlight. During the procedure, a highly intense beam of light is directed on the skin. This laser beam destroys the upper layer of skin and also heats the underlying layers of epithelial cells. Resultantly, it causes the collagen fibers to shrink, thereby tightening your skin and giving you a younger appearance. Post the procedure, ice packs can be used to cool down the skin.