Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanthi RamdasYour feedback matters!
Hello doc i am planning for baby, please suggest me when to start intercourse my period was regular, this month was started on 21 to 23 so when should I start. Please help me out thank u.
I had sex with my boyfriend 4 times in one night without protection but he doesn't ejaculate inside so is there need to take I pill? and if I do sex 3-4 times in one night so how many contraceptive pills need to take, is there 1 pill sufficient to avoid pregnancy.
If any girl take tablets for avoiding periods and after that periods not comes then she required to do?
What will happen if I take misoprostol without being pregnant please tell me about the side effects.
Let's be clear about what turmeric can not do:
Turmeric usually does not cause significant side effects -- ( The truth is that some people can experience stomach upset, nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea)
You can use turmeric if you have gallbladder problems -- (The truth is that turmeric can make gallbladder problems worse)
Turmeric is not helpful for diabetes -- (The truth is that early research suggests that taking turmeric daily for 9 months can reduce the number of people with prediabetes who develop diabetes.)
Now that we have cleared up what Turmeric cannot do, let's talk about what it Can do for you.
Turmeric has been used for roughly 4000 years as a medicine for a wide variety of medical conditions. Turmeric was mainly for digestive issues, but can be used to treat everything from indigestion to cancer.
The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, and according to UMMC, 'Curcumin is also a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants scavenge molecules in the body known as free radicals, which damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death.
Antioxidants can fight free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause. In addition, curcumin lowers the levels of two enzymes in the body that cause inflammation. It also stops platelets from clumping together to form blood clots.'
Turmeric has been shown to treat:
The research that back up these claim is extensive to say the least. For instance, a publication from The International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell
'Although safe in most cases, ancient treatments are ignored because neither their active component nor their molecular targets are well defined. This is not the case, however, with curcumin, a yellow pigment substance and component of turmeric (Curcuma longa), which was identified more than a century ago. For centuries it has been known that turmeric exhibits anti-inflammatory activity, but extensive research performed within the past two decades has shown that the activity of turmeric is due to curcumin, a diferuloylmethane. This agent has been shown to regulate numerous transcription factors, cytokines, protein kinases, adhesion molecules, redox status and enzymes that have been linked to inflammation. The process of inflammation has been shown to play a major role in most chronic illnesses, including neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases.'
The publications concludes:'The wisdom and scientific credentials of curcumin in the Ayurvedic and Chinese systems of medicine have been corroborated by numerous studies conducted over the past 30 years. These observations are also supported by epidemiological data suggesting lower incidence of chronic diseases in people from countries where curcumin is consumed. The various effects of curcumin have been widely studied in Western systems of medicine for decades, and has been found to possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Considering that inflammation plays a major role in most chronic illnesses, anti-inflammatory agents are needed for prevention purposes. Although several different steroids and NSAIDS (such as celecoxib, aspirin, ibuprofen, phenylbutazole, etc.) have been approved for treatment of inflammatory conditions, most of them have side effects, especially when consumed over long periods of time. Because curcumin inhibits multiple proinflammatory pathways and is affordable, this phytochemical should be further explored for prevention and treatment of various chronic diseases. Further clinical trials are needed to fully develop the potential of this 'age-old NSAID'.
Hv any health benefits to sallow women vaginal juice. Wht r the benefits. Hv Dr. any minerals. If she has no infection any. please say.
I am 24 years, recently dignosed from pcos and thyroid(tsh 6. 16). Irregular menstrual cycles, weight gain(currently 63kgs), acne problem, sleep disorder. Please suggest me with natural ways to cure it and to loose weight. Thanks
One of my nipple is shrink and creamy milk comes outt. Other is fine. Kindly suggest what is the reason and will it have any effect in future? What should I need to do?
Exercising regularly has many benefits for the body and many times these benefits can be life changing. It has been proved that doing exercise sets the foundations for a happy sex life as well. While exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
Here is how exercising routinely can improve the relationship in bed and make a huge difference:
- Blood Circulation: Blood flow and the exciting sensation is very important prior to and during sex. When a person exercises regularly then there is an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act.
- Release of Endorphins: Having a clear mindset while having sex is very important. This is more important for women as they tend to over-ride things, thus working best when they have a clear mind and are able to concentrate only on the sexual act. When orgasm is achieved then endorphins are released which is basically a mood elevating chemical. It makes a person feel good and gives relaxed feeling of the mind and body along with euphoria. Endorphins are usually released during exercise, sports and sex. Along with the endorphins putting stress at bay and lifting the mood it also give a clear mind for the sexual activity.
- Longer and Stronger Orgasms: On average orgasm in men and women lasts for 10 and 20 seconds, respectively. With exercise one can easily extent this time, pleasure and strength of the orgasm. On contraction of the pelvic floor muscles an orgasm is achieved. When these muscles are kept strong then a longer orgasm is achieved. Sacrum is the area which supports the pelvis and spine; when it is exercised with glutes then it helps in strengthening the muscles. Also, kegels, squats, and pelvic thrusts are some of the exercises which can be done.
- Increases Self-confidence: A sexiest trait is that someone can show is that they feel good and confident about the way they look. Studies prove that people who exercise regularly and have good fitness levels display good confidence in their sexual acts and desirability.
- Exercises the Brain: It is said that a great sex usually starts in the mind and the brain is a mighty sex organ. Thus it is of utmost importance that the brain must be fed with nurturing information, so that it becomes stronger. Research backs that by simply changing the way we think can change the brain to react to situations.