Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jay KhatriYour feedback matters!
How to fight bad breath? I am getting depressed with the problem. I cannot mingle with my frnds and so am acting as an introvert. I brush twice daily. Still I cannot find the source of this bad breath. Pls suggest me what to do? I am mentally down to consult doctor directly.
I have a geographic tongue. I have consulted many doctors and they prescribe vitamins and stuff. I have those medicines and my tongue gets better for about like 2 months and then (even with the continuation of the medicines) gets back to its original condition. How do I deal with this? I have read that its incurable. What can I do to get some relief instantly?
Hello, i am 54years old never visited dentist, few days ago while eating piece of food came between jaws and alignment of lower front teeth is out and one of the front teeth is inclined towards inside, kindly suggest if any need of treatment, there is no pain but not looking good.
I'm 47 years old and quiet good with my teeth. What further should I do to keep with good condition? Elderly get their tooth broken bit-by-bit slowly getting old. About me?
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.
Blood from mouth in the morning while I brushing my teeth and its happening from two weeks. Any suggestions what to do now? I don't know but its quite paining now.
Hello doctors, I found out that I have wisdom teeth erupting and its very painful even when I make any movement and i am unable to eat anything. Please suggest me any pain killer or gel? Thank you.
My daughter is 3 yrs. How do I prevent tooth decay. She brushes her teeth all by herself. Eats chocolate. Is there any way I can save her from blacken teeth that I see in other preschoolers.
Fluoride is a mineral that helps fight tooth decay. It is found in public water supplies, toothpaste and many other dental products.
Often called, “nature’s cavity fighter,” fluoride helps repair the early stages of tooth decay even before the decay can be seen. Research shows that fluoride helps prevent cavities in children and adults by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities. When you brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste, use other fluoride dental products, and drink water with fluoride you are preventing cavities and strengthening your teeth’s outer surface, called enamel.
If you have a good chance of getting cavities, your dentist can apply fluoride to your teeth during your dental visit. Your dentist might also tell you to use a special fluoride rinse, paste or gel at home