Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jay KatriYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, My nephew has completed 9 months of his life i.e. He is 9 months old and his teeth has not yet grew. Could there be problem in future? A doctor was telling that his bones would weak as his teeth has not grew at the age of 9 months. I am so concern about him please tell me reason as why his teeth has not grew yet. Also state what should I do? Thank you!
I am 19 years old and have a little cavity in 2 of my back teeth upside is there any other way of treating them besides filling and is there any way to whiten teeth.
Male 20 years. Dental problem Often I suffer bleeding from a top jaw front 4th teeth. There is a little bleeding first then when I try to suck it from I side then the flow increases. And only at that time when I shake my teeth with a finger it shakes a little.
Is oral submucous fibrosis a lesion or a condition? How much percent chance has it to develop into oral cancer? Are there any permanent cures? Or preventive remedies?
I need scaling for my teeth for bad breath and how must cost for scaling in nellore please let me know.
Wisdom teeth is growing. Due to this I am getting more pain and unable to eat also. I am using pain killer tablets in order to get rid off pain
Munching foods like apples, pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration
H kya r.t.c. teeths ki life long karti hai mene apne one side me 6+1 me teath ko dead kar diya hai but I am comfortable no problem but 2nd side me bhi problem ho rhi hai meetha khane me kaafi pan hota hai.
My teeths are becoming light yellow in colour. Right now I am using closeup gel toothpaste. So please suggest what to do. To make them white?
There are minor gaps between my upper pair of teeth which doesn't looks good. Is there any solution for it?
Please suggest me something to make my teeth bright as I used to eat tobacco products. I stop eating but it shows no effect to my teeth.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.