Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Jare NanaYour feedback matters!
I want to remove glasses I have 7 numbers and 6 numbers in both eyes please tell me what to do I m having glasses from since 12 years oe more please tell me how to get rid of it give the advise which is seriously useful.
I have got -3.75 power in both eyes, my cornea is very thin . My doc said that laser is not possible because of thin cornea . Will I ever get rid off spectacles ?
My eyes pain lot even after I wake up from sleep. Eyes are not red or pale but eyes pain very much like they are tired.
I am suffering from myopia. What should I do to cure this disease and what are the symptoms of this disease?
My eye sight is weak. I have blurry vision. I have already spectas but I do not want to wear them. Please suggest some exercise to improve my eye sight.
My eyes are reddish and are itching very badly which medicine should I take to get rid of reddish eyes.
I frequently get throbbing/stinging headaches which really hurt a lot and also I get kind of a blackout in my eyes when I stand up after sitting or lying down please help.
On 25th jan 2016 I was hit by one guy on my left eye. After that fight I got some black mark under my left like a dark circle. The mark is still not cleared. Also I have some. Dark circles. Kindly suggest me how can. I remove that mark and dark circles.
I am 20 years old male suffering from sleep disorder very light sleep sometime. Nobody is able to understand my problem. I feel pain and tears in my eyes when I rise. What should I do to get rid of this.
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.