Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Hi i' m from south delhi, I want to implant my front right tooth cause of the tooth is dead and black due to an accident. Can you please tell me the cost to pay and time duration on implantation.
Pls Tell Me how to treat Brown spots on teeth. Some of the spots are extreme brown. I regularly brush my teeth, avoid caffeine products, don't smoke. I'm assuming that it is fluorosis. Is there any good treatment for that?
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.
My wisdom tooth on right hand upper jaw giving me pain I am on anti biotics. I am 30 years old is it safe to get the wisdom tooth removed?
I have increased cavity in my two teeth, because a slightly small piece at the joint of two teeth is broken up. Food directly ingrresses into cavity and causes pain. Please suggest me remedial action.
My daughter teeth was damaged due to she was eating chocolate every day. Which tooth paste is perfect? Please advise sir.
I have irregular teeths and 2 missing canines. Please let me know about the estimated cost to be incurred in the treatment through lingual braces or other best alternative.
I am a degree student. And I use meftal 40 for the tooth ache and blumox also. Then after one day I saw blood in urine. What is the reason?
My jaw is poking outside nd I feel so ugly. Braces can set only my teeth in. What about my upper jaw? The only option is surgery? No other special braces can be worn?
I have pain in my teeth and pus is coming sometimes. Pls help me to rectified this problems. How to contact the good doctor.
Patients should visit their endodontists (specially trained to perform root canal treatment) or general dentist after the root canal treatment to have proper restorative work completed on the tooth.