Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaiminikumar S Rasane
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Jaiminikumar S RasaneYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Purshottam Sidheswar Pandit
Dr. Jaiminikumar S Rasane provides answers that are knowledgeable, caring, very helpful, well-reasoned and inspiring. Thanks for the advise sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Jaiminikumar S Rasane to be very helpful. Thanks sir
Dr. Jaiminikumar S Rasane provides answers that are caring. Helped me in improve my healrh
Dr. Jaiminikumar S Rasane provides answers that are knowledgeable. Knowledgeable
Hi, How thyroid can be normal, do we need to follow diet, my voice is not clear some time what to do pls suggest.
The temporary inability to move one’s own limbs or speak is known as paralysis. Paralysis is triggered by problems with the body’s nervous system and affects the functioning of muscles all over the body. This condition can affect a single limb, the right or left side of the body, or the complete body. A paralytic attack is often caused by a stroke or damage in the nervous system. It can also be caused by exposure to radiation or toxins, autoimmune diseases, tumours and spinal cord trauma. Recovery from a paralytic attack depends on the causes and the extent of the injury that triggered it. With some types of paralysis, partial or even complete, recovery is possible.
The main symptom of paralysis is the inability to move part of your body, or not being able to move at all. It can start suddenly or gradually. Sometimes it comes and goes. Paralysis can affect any part of the body, including:
- the face
- the hands
- one arm or leg (monoplegia)
- one side of the body (hemiplegia)
- both legs (paraplegia)
- both arms and legs (tetraplegia or quadriplegia)
The affected part of the your body may also be:
- stiff (spastic paralysis), with occasional muscle spasms
- floppy (flaccid paralysis)
- numb, painful or tingly
Ayurveda is an alternative system of medicine that can be quite effective when it comes to treating paralysis. Ayurveda has negligible side effects and hence can be used to treat adults and children alike. This system of medication does not look only at the physical symptoms but also the mental and spiritual well-being of the patient as well.
Some ways to treat paralysis with Ayurveda are as follows:
- Vata-pacifying diet: Eat light meals that are easily digestible and pick warm foods over cold food. Avoid barley, rye and millet and include plenty of vegetables like asparagus, beets, okra and carrots in your diet. Also avoid bitter and pungent flavours, but pick food that is sweet, sour or salty to balance the body’s vata.
- Ayurvedic massage: Warm herbal oils are sued for Ayurvedic massages. These oils and the action of massaging them into the skin have a number of health benefits associated with it, including the treatment of paralytic attacks. Some Ayurvedic massages that could be beneficial to paralysed patients are abhyanga Ayurvedic massages, padabhyanga and pizhichil.
- Medication: Along with lifestyle changes, Ayurvedic medication also plays a role in the treatment of paralysis. Some popular Ayurvedic remedies for paralysis are rasnadi quath, medicated castor oil, pippali mula, vatavidhwamsana rasa, chopcheeni churna, ashwagandha churna, brihat vatachintamani rasa, ashwagandha churna and rasaraja. While some of these medicines are to be taken orally, others may need to be administered through the nostrils as part of nasyam Ayurvedic treatments and others via an enema as part of sneha vasti. Drinking 20–40 ml of radish oil twice a day and a mixture of black pepper powder, sunti and honey is also said to be beneficial in treating paralysis. However, one must keep in mind that recovery from paralysis is very slow and hence patience is a must.