Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JahtarYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, Meri marrige 1st march 2012 ko huwa hai. Shaadi ke 3 month ke baad meri wife ko overian cyst ho gaya tha. Jiska operatation se nikala gaya. Uske baad abhi tak meri wife MAA nahi ban payi hai. Maine uska Kafi treatment bhi Karwaya. Kya Overian Cyst ke baad meri wife MAA nahi ban payegi. please Uttar dene ki kripa ki jay.
Hi, Its been 2dayz me and my wife intimated sexually for the first time. It's lyk during intimation she don't bleed but after that she did bleed for some time. Later she was fine with some back pain and hip cramps. Next day, that is after 24 hrs. She has bleed continuously for around 2-3 mins after she pissed. Same thing continued today that is again after 24 hrs of last bleed. Kindly suggest us to know as what is wrong or how can this problem be solved? why is she still bleeding? Kindly suggest us something as we are really tensed.
I m 26 years old nd I have a daughter which is 2 years old. I m trying to conceive from 8 to 9 months but not successful to conceive what should I do whether I go to a gynecologist or try more month.
My friend had a doubt on unprotected sex I want the ask the question here. He had sex with women who has separate from husband for 4 years and she is not active in sex. He is also not active. Will this lead to any std?
Had unprotected sex on my period date and few hours later got my period. But then this is the third/fourth day Bleeding has almost stopped! I am afraid. Please help!
Mene 20 sep ko sex kiya tha, or mera mc taim 10 oct tha, Lekin muze Abhi tak mc nahi aaya hai. To me kya karu plj kuch upay bataye.
Hi Doctor, My friend Jenny had unprotected sex with his boyfriend, according to her she ate iPill within next 10-12 hours however she is worries whether iPill will work of not, please suggest what she can do?
After 28 days of intercourse I took a blood test beta HCG quantitative test which turned out to be 0.1 negative. After some time the next month she had her bleeding in the middle of her cycle for 5 days, then the 3rd month she again bleed for 5 days, it's been 13 weeks now and she had a vomitish feeling a couple of seconds yesterday. M really confused weather she z pregnant or not. She didn't show any symptoms of pregnancy.
My mom she suffering from White Jaundice & medicine given is Omez, Advil, tab hepapanz, liv52. But she is getting very bad smell of water & cnt consume it. please help Age of the patient: 65 Years, Patient's gender: Female More details about the presenting complaint: Bad smell of water and she can not drink water & as per report blood level is low. And she is very weak now. Kindly suggest what to eat if she eat roti than unable to digest it becomes heavy for her. Her health is becoming weaker and weaker. Current medications: Omez, Adliv, hepapanz, tab liv 52.
Hello I am 8th month pregnant lady and I got positive hiv infection and doctor said don't need any medicines now because my cd4count is 626. But I have so much fear about my baby. Will she get any infection from me? I am using homeopathic medicines now. Pls tell me.
I recently had d&c around 2.5 weeks back and now I had a little discharge from my chest sometimes if pressed I this normal or any complication is there please help me.
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.