Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagatap R V
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagatap R VYour feedback matters!
Hi, my age is 25. My skin is oil excess oily type. Which night cream would recommend for my skin type and my skin color is wheatish. I have acne marks on my cheeks.
I have a problem Regarding to my face. I have pores on my face .so please could you resolve my problem.
My face skin is very dry. It looks very dull. Could you suggest any medicine for it. I am in depression no. Or plastic surgery is the better option?
I have red scars and little acne on my skin and shoulder. I do yoga and exercise daily but I have not achieve the goal of good digestion. please suggest some tips.
My problem is about my skin I have a very dark neck which has a very unbalanced combination with my shoulder it is very discolored.
I'm 21years old female. Doctor when I was 5years I fell down and got stitches between 2 eyes area lik exactly where women keep bindi somewhat below that and above nose. Those marks are still there on my face and it is bothering me always, im very sad whenever I see those stitches on my face. Pls suggest me any solution to disappear those stitches marks on my face I cannot afford for surgery or costly treatment. Pls say any cream to disappear those stitches marks. Thankyou.
I am having anal abscess with discharge from last week. Doctor gave me some antibiotics and pain relievers. How to cure wound with out surgery. Thanks for your response.
I have dry skin. Day by day it gets more dull and look like a 40yrs old lady. What should I do to get a glowing and beautiful skin?
A head louse is an insect that lives on the human scalp and feeds on human blood. The female louse lays eggs in the head and makes sure the eggs are attached to the hair shaft. It takes around eight days for the egg to hatch. The louse takes another 11 days to mature into an adult louse.
The primary cause of head louse is poor personal hygiene. Other causes due to which a person can be infected by lice are:
- Using combs and towels that are infested.
- Coming in contact with another person who has this condition.
- Sharing the bed with a person who is affected by lice.
When a person is affected by this condition then the following symptoms are observed:
- The saliva of the lice causes an allergic reaction in the scalp which leads to constant itching. It can occur in various places such as ears, scalp and the neck. It may not occur initially, but it tends to occur after a few weeks.
- Constant scratching can lead to formation of small red bumps on the skin. A bacterial infection usually occurs from constant itching.
- It may lead to symptoms of dandruff in the scalp.
- Presence of various insects in the scalp.
Prevention of Lice:
Lice can be prevented by using medicated shampoos and conditioners to wash the hair. The shampoos are usually based on a chemical called pyrethrin. This compound is toxic for lice and helps in getting rid of it.
You can also opt for the following lifestyle changes to prevent lice:
- You should avoid sharing your hairbrush with others.
- In case you have long hair, tie it in buns or ponytails.
- Add tea tree oil to your shampoo before using it.
- Keep the scalp clean to prevent infestations.
- Avoid sharing pillows and clothes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!